Deleted

meta and primordius

since i got my meta i prefer playing my two beloved specs as combo demo/afflic. problem tho is that the only fight were it feels i need to be destruction is primordius. dont ever seem to get any good results with demo/afflic. any clue how to play them on this fight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well.
    As Demo you should simply put your demon on the boss for whole fight and forget about him (except bursting cds), while using Meta to eviscerate incoming adds.
    As Aff, same thing except that you're getting Mutation faster, but don't forget to update dots on the boss as soon as you Mutate.
    IMO ofc, I tried that fight in demo, and found it not so good in terms of switching between boss and adds.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortaz View Post
    since i got my meta i prefer playing my two beloved specs as combo demo/afflic. problem tho is that the only fight were it feels i need to be destruction is primordius. dont ever seem to get any good results with demo/afflic. any clue how to play them on this fight?
    DOT all the things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrenka View Post
    DOT all the things.
    nephrenka nailed it squarely on the head with this post, words to live by on primordius, but i will have to agree, primordius is a bit more fun, atleast for me, as destro as you're able to spam chaos bolts like they were incinerates, ofc if you by chance get 3-5 haste stacks it will be highly annoying to be destro.

Deleted
    DOT everything is specific to demo.
    If you start dotting everything as affli, the only thing you are doing is padding.

thought it was worth mentioning to avoid confusion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    DOT everything is specific to demo.
    If you start dotting everything as affli, the only thing you are doing is padding.

thought it was worth mentioning to avoid confusion
    What, how can you dot everything as demo, there is no way its beneficial to doom small blobs, well guess it is if you kite small blobs and never let them reach boss(?), but still kinda meh..., while affliction is propably best spec for killing blobs and its pretty good for tunneling boss if you get like 2 haste and 2 mastery buffs. It's not padding if the blobs you dot dies and leave red pool behind.

And OP didn't mention if you are 10m or 25m and heroic or normal. On heroic demo is pretty bad since Wild Imps and Doomguard only does 25% damage to the boss, 75% on normal. On normal you can even zerg the boss without killing any adds without having good gear. 25man we had 3 or 4 lines marked where we had 4-5 people killing blobs and affliction was pretty good at multidotting all 3-4 blobs when they spawn and getting full shards from one and again multidotting when next wave spawns. I don't know much about 10man strats or other boss kiting strats where you don't let blobs reach the boss and kill almost all of them. But affliction should be fine tunneling boss and getting full shards from adds.