[WW] Optimizing stat setup for CMs

Hi all!

We just recently started to try out the challenge modes with our group. Although we got 2 Gold so far I still feel like I could be doing more DPS with a better optimized stat setup.

My armory is http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...iasea/advanced

For my everyday gaming, I run with the following setup (no RoRO yet)
    Haste: 7096
    Mastery: 4946
    Crit: 7465
    While being Hit- and Expertisecapped of course.

Now, once I enter any CM those stats get reduced to
    Haste: 3938
    Mastery: 2361
    Crit: 4180

which really cripples my gameplay a lot because of the much slower energy regen.

Would favoring more Haste at the expense of Crit give any better results? Or maybe going for a Haste/Mastery orientated setup with Rushing Jade Wind for Trash bombing and building TeB-Stacks which could then be used against bosses?

Our goal is just hitting 9/9 gold anytime soon, we're not interested in any realm first times or something like that...

I did my cmodes pre-5.2, so I can't really speak from experience with 5.2 cmodes.

I recommend going RJW for cmodes in most cases, simply because it contributes more in terms of speeding the run along than Xuen does. You can switch RJW out if you are careful to take a second or so downtime before the last boss to switch talents (so long as you ensure RJW is NOT on cooldown when you get there.)

Haste is typically not an important stat for cmodes, since combat is generally short enough to make energy starvation difficult if not impossible. With that in mind, Mastery outperforms Crit at lower gear levels, so I would recommend switching those two out. Haste can be around 3.5k imo.. high enough to keep you running through short boss fights with energizing brew.

So yeah.. maybe try with about 4k haste unbuffed and as much mastery as you can get?

Why not go Brewmaster to do tons of DPS while tanking, and help out with healing with the ox statue?

Ah well. At any rate, I personally didn't bother changing how I reforged or geared. Just used my regular raiding gear and it did the job. Seems to be doing the job for you too, since you've already got 2 golds, one of which is in Siege of Niuzao temple which is considered one of the more difficult CMs.

If you feel you need more haste though, then get more haste. Try it out, see how you feel. I personally don't believe you need to change much for CMs if you're only going for golds.

Maybe it's just the difference in playstyle with such low haste rating, but after I started raiding in 5.0 I never went below 6k haste so the whole fights don't feel fluid to me.

But I'll try to reach some higher mastery levels next time we'll do any CM.

Another point, did you use Ascension or Power Strikes?