Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    the only thing I question is what will be the point of conquest once you get your gear? The issue with what they are doing is wow has always been a gear treadmill. I am ALL for balancing out pvp so it's about skill. However I can see both arguments. This game on both sides has been about a form of gear treadmill. Taking that out mid expansion is weird and it makes me wonder how they will essentially change the entire pvp system mid expansion but not put a serious look into some of the more glaring issues in pvp mid expansion.

  2. #42
    competitive pvp should have no progression or requirements...

  3. #43
    Herald of the Titans crakerjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ptwn, Oregon
    Posts
    2,668
    Every single person who makes the argument, "It makes an even playing field" is a noob... they're just trying to justify why they keep dying in BG's... even when they have the best gear and still die, they make an excuse that PvP sucks and it's not worth the time. I walked into bg's with pve gear, I've walked in with blue pvp gear... and guess what, I wrecked a lot of people because I knew what I was doing. PvP is all about knowing what you're doing... if you walk into a BG and you're a clicker, keyboard turner, don't know anything about your class other than your 6 button rotation... you're doomed to fail. Bad players ruined PvP... rating requirement was awesome... I loved that drive and feeling of pushing for 2200 so that I could get my t2 wep. People fail to realize what even playing field even means... in a BG, I'm not stopping you from reaching 2k... yea I might have better gear, but you didn't have a chance regardless of what I was wearing... so let me ask a question: If your argument is about even playing field... why are you worried about my better gear when I'm at 2400 mmr and you're at 1300? We'll never player each other so you you still have just as easy/hard time as me to get what I have. During the climb to 1800, you don't face gladiators non stop... You might, but you won't lose much at all if any.

    Should rename this thread bad pvpers ruining the game for everyone else. If you thought PvP couldn't get worse... blizzard balanced PvP based on what people said in the forums... Noobs who don't even PvP, were giving advice on how classes should be... that's worst idea ever... would you ask a 6 year old about how to take out and clean your corroboratory?

    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

  4. #44
    Brewmaster Caninese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,418
    I've never liked the idea of PvP gear that much in the first place. A shitty player who manages to accrue all of the PvP gear should not be allowed to beat a skilled player that is just getting back into the swing of things. Skill should determine a fight, not gear.
    Last edited by Caninese; 2013-05-16 at 04:24 PM.

  5. #45
    The problem with tier 2 weapons having a rating requirement is rated BGs. The boosting is absolutely insane, or was anyway. They should have been unique to 3v3 IMO.

    I thought the cosmetic 2.2k sets in Cata looked kind of awesome, especially the paladin ones.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by elderamy View Post
    competitive pvp should have no progression or requirements...
    Even on counter strike - if you won the first round you had more money to buy better weapons than your enemies. Even counter strike HAD a minimal sense of progression and ahievement and reward.
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    The problem is warriors are not easy to kill like we were in cata and people are mad at that
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Brian may answer differently, but I would say mages are hard to counter for average players but easy for great players.

  7. #47
    It wouldn't be difficult or bad in anyway to at least add in cosmetic sets or some shit like that you could eventually gain. Even pointless junk like that is enough to keep me at least somewhat motivated to continue and progress. Blizz is just lazy as f***.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by nomadwgk View Post
    Afaik only shoulders and weapons had rating requirement in woltk the rest was purchasable with honor.
    That was only the case in the last month and a half. Before that each of your set pieces had different point requirements.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Caninese View Post
    I've never liked the idea of PvP gear that much in the first place. A shitty player who manages to accrue all of the PvP gear should not be allowed to beat a skilled player that is just getting back into the swing of things. Skill should determine a fight, not gear.
    Shitty players with gear and skilled players who are getting back into the game, is a common excuse, which is unreal. I claim there is not such a thing.
    On the contrary there are dedicated players who are beating lazy players. Lazy players, self proclaimed skilled, who are trying to justify their incompetness.
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    The problem is warriors are not easy to kill like we were in cata and people are mad at that
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Brian may answer differently, but I would say mages are hard to counter for average players but easy for great players.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    That was only the case in the last month and a half. Before that each of your set pieces had different point requirements.
    Which was great. They weren't ridiculous requirements for most pieces, and you were stuck with last season pieces until you rolled up high enough for other gear. People with the newest season shoulders looked sweet and was a noticeable accomplishment, but it didn't automatically mean you'd get destroyed by them if you were close in gear and skill as well.

  11. #51
    it made no sense to have gear advantage in pvp anyways, it should be an even field. It's like sports, if your football team wins you won't get some special shoes to run faster, a smaller goal that's harder to aim at, and so on. Winning in sports gives you satisfaction and fame that's it (oh and money when your the best, just like the world first guys get $ from twitch i suppose lol).
    Back on topic, all winning should give you is a way to show you won without giving you a plain advantage like titles, tabards, cosmetic items, etc....

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Every single person who makes the argument, "It makes an even playing field" is a noob... they're just trying to justify why they keep dying in BG's... even when they have the best gear and still die, they make an excuse that PvP sucks and it's not worth the time. I walked into bg's with pve gear, I've walked in with blue pvp gear... and guess what, I wrecked a lot of people because I knew what I was doing. PvP is all about knowing what you're doing... if you walk into a BG and you're a clicker, keyboard turner, don't know anything about your class other than your 6 button rotation... you're doomed to fail. Bad players ruined PvP... rating requirement was awesome... I loved that drive and feeling of pushing for 2200 so that I could get my t2 wep. People fail to realize what even playing field even means... in a BG, I'm not stopping you from reaching 2k... yea I might have better gear, but you didn't have a chance regardless of what I was wearing... so let me ask a question: If your argument is about even playing field... why are you worried about my better gear when I'm at 2400 mmr and you're at 1300? We'll never player each other so you you still have just as easy/hard time as me to get what I have. During the climb to 1800, you don't face gladiators non stop... You might, but you won't lose much at all if any.

    Should rename this thread bad pvpers ruining the game for everyone else. If you thought PvP couldn't get worse... blizzard balanced PvP based on what people said in the forums... Noobs who don't even PvP, were giving advice on how classes should be... that's worst idea ever... would you ask a 6 year old about how to take out and clean your corroboratory?
    how do I give + rep? u deserve it sir

    Quote Originally Posted by Caninese View Post
    I've never liked the idea of PvP gear that much in the first place. A shitty player who manages to accrue all of the PvP gear should not be allowed to beat a skilled player that is just getting back into the swing of things. Skill should determine a fight, not gear.
    You clearly don't know what you're talking about. First that a shitty player would never manage to accrue all of the pvp arena gear. Shitty players were stuck with honor gear. Now they can get arena gear with no effort and are still beaten by skilled players, so they flame PvP saying that WoW is a PvE game and PvP is like pet battle. You managed to contradict yourself with few words.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by admeteora View Post
    it made no sense to have gear advantage in pvp anyways, it should be an even field. It's like sports, if your football team wins you won't get some special shoes to run faster, a smaller goal that's harder to aim at, and so on. Winning in sports gives you satisfaction and fame that's it (oh and money when your the best, just like the world first guys get $ from twitch i suppose lol).
    Back on topic, all winning should give you is a way to show you won without giving you a plain advantage like titles, tabards, cosmetic items, etc....
    Maybe not, but then again professional sports are vastly different than the model of an MMORPG. You want some sort of progression or do you want to not work for anything that actually makes your character better? If not, go play guildwars or some sht.

  14. #54
    I still don't get why people are so mad about them taking gear progression back a notch in PvP.

    I thought PvP should be about skill, not gear. Guess I'm wrong and there's a lot of people that feel good when they beat someone because they are better geared instead of just better at playing the game.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziktus View Post
    I still don't get why people are so mad about them taking gear progression back a notch in PvP.

    I thought PvP should be about skill, not gear. Guess I'm wrong and there's a lot of people that feel good when they beat someone because they are better geared instead of just better at playing the game.
    if they were better geared they were obviously good at the game

    your logic is flawed and you're making excuses because you got your ass kicked multiple times

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Birkhoff View Post
    You clearly don't know what you're talking about. First that a shitty player would never manage to accrue all of the pvp arena gear. Shitty players were stuck with honor gear. Now they can get arena gear with no effort and are still beaten by skilled players, so they flame PvP saying that WoW is a PvE game and PvP is like pet battle. You managed to contradict yourself with few words.


    This.... is golden.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Every single person who makes the argument, "It makes an even playing field" is a noob... they're just trying to justify why they keep dying in BG's... even when they have the best gear and still die, they make an excuse that PvP sucks and it's not worth the time. I walked into bg's with pve gear, I've walked in with blue pvp gear... and guess what, I wrecked a lot of people because I knew what I was doing. PvP is all about knowing what you're doing... if you walk into a BG and you're a clicker, keyboard turner, don't know anything about your class other than your 6 button rotation... you're doomed to fail. Bad players ruined PvP... rating requirement was awesome... I loved that drive and feeling of pushing for 2200 so that I could get my t2 wep. People fail to realize what even playing field even means... in a BG, I'm not stopping you from reaching 2k... yea I might have better gear, but you didn't have a chance regardless of what I was wearing... so let me ask a question: If your argument is about even playing field... why are you worried about my better gear when I'm at 2400 mmr and you're at 1300? We'll never player each other so you you still have just as easy/hard time as me to get what I have. During the climb to 1800, you don't face gladiators non stop... You might, but you won't lose much at all if any.

    Should rename this thread bad pvpers ruining the game for everyone else. If you thought PvP couldn't get worse... blizzard balanced PvP based on what people said in the forums... Noobs who don't even PvP, were giving advice on how classes should be... that's worst idea ever... would you ask a 6 year old about how to take out and clean your corroboratory?
    RIIIIGHT lol you walked into a BG in blue gear and you won vs full tyrannical or even half tyrannical half mal geared people? what a big fat lie. Even if you maximize your dps rotation on an afk tyrannical dude you won't even get passed his self passive healing lol, you won't get him lower than 90%. In the mean time he will slap you with a 100k auto attack. It's not because you started late in a season that you are automatically a noob in pvp, some people stop for a while but are 1000x times better than you sir and having constant handicap for starting late is not fun at all.
    What about all the people that are bad, why should they have a gear disadvantage too? why beating them on an even field not good enough? It's like the winner of olympics 100m race will go dope himself and use steroids to run the local highschool race, it makes no sense at all right?

    EDIT: The gear difference between high rated players and honor gear is so big now that it is just ridiculous now. there will be gear progression, I don't know why you say there wont be any? They are just reducing the huge gap that's all, you will have honor and conquest gear.
    Last edited by admeteora; 2013-05-16 at 04:51 PM.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by admeteora View Post
    What about all the people that are bad, why should they have a gear disadvantage too?
    because they are bad

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by admeteora View Post
    RIIIIGHT lol you walked into a BG in blue gear and you won vs full tyrannical or even half tyrannical half mal geared people? what a big fat lie. Even if you maximize your dps rotation on an afk tyrannical dude you won't even get passed his self passive healing lol, you won't get him lower than 90%. In the mean time he will slap you with a 100k auto attack. It's not because you started late in a season that you are automatically a noob in pvp, some people stop for a while but are 1000x times better than you sir and having constant handicap for starting late is not fun at all.
    What about all the people that are bad, why should they have a gear disadvantage too? why beating them on an even field not good enough? It's like the winner of olympics 100m race will go dope himself and use steroids to run the local highschool race, it makes no sense at all right?
    DERPPPP. You can start late in a season and still have GEARING PROGESSION. Sure you'll get slapped around for a while - who cares.


    That's part of an RPG

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Birkhoff View Post
    if they were better geared they were obviously good at the game

    your logic is flawed and you're making excuses because you got your ass kicked multiple times
    With the current system of week cap, its not true. You have better gear because you played every week, not necessarily because you are better. With all the current rating exploit, win trading, whatever all this crap. Having ranked gear doesn't even mean you are better anymore either.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •