Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    It would basically be what happened with FFXIV.
    That happened not because they wanted to reboot FFXIV, it happened because FFXIV was total and utter shit at launch (probably still is), had a rushed beta, and was just like, beyond not worth playing. Figures that a company that hasn't made a decent single-player game for a decade* wasn't able to translate a shitty formula into a good online game. For the second time.

WoW is still the most popular paid MMO, a total juggernaut in its field, the MMO every other one tries to imitate. Relaunching it would probably only make it fall prey to the same garbage that made TOR and every other WoW wannabe terrible.

They've got an objectively winning formula that, from a monetary standpoint, is literally the best. So, no.

* I do love 1-6 and 9 of Final Fantasy. This generalization does not include remakes or re-releases of the good ones.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    That happened not because they wanted to reboot FFXIV, it happened because FFXIV was total and utter shit at launch (probably still is), had a rushed beta, and was just like, beyond not worth playing. Figures that a company that hasn't made a decent single-player game for a decade* wasn't able to translate a shitty formula into a good online game. For the second time.

WoW is still the most popular paid MMO, a total juggernaut in its field, the MMO every other one tries to imitate. Relaunching it would probably only make it fall prey to the same garbage that made TOR and every other WoW wannabe terrible.

They've got an objectively winning formula that, from a monetary standpoint, is literally the best. So, no.

* I do love 1-6 and 9 of Final Fantasy. This generalization does not include remakes or re-releases of the good ones.
    yes man it still works now and even now it starts to be worse and worse and in 10 years it will die off only be played by a few... and Blizz will make another MMO in Warcraft universe... because while WoW may die off Warcraft I believe will still be wildly popular.

People seem to think that by saying WoW2 can happen we mean It'll happen next year/expansion... it could happen in 25 years but it's still happening...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    yes man it still works now and even now it starts to be worse and worse and in 10 years it will die off only be played by a few... and Blizz will make another MMO in Warcraft universe... because while WoW may die off Warcraft I believe will still be wildly popular.

People seem to think that by saying WoW2 can happen we mean It'll happen next year/expansion... it could happen in 25 years but it's still happening...
    There will, without a doubt, be a second WoW, but it hopefully won't simply be a reboot or relaunch of the current game (and especially not just an expansion) and it won't be for some years. Games like Rift are monetarily successful with 1/40th the subscribers of WoW, and people are even still making content for all thirty people who play Final Fantasy XI.

I predict WoW 2 late in Titan's life cycle.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    There will, without a doubt, be a second WoW, but it hopefully won't simply be a reboot or relaunch of the current game (and especially not just an expansion) and it won't be for some years. Games like Rift are monetarily successful with 1/40th the subscribers of WoW, and people are even still making content for all thirty people who play Final Fantasy XI.

Well WoW could end with Re-Origination, titans come in last expac to re-originate Azeroth and we can't stop them... but we(the player characters) are sent to another place(or simply put in a cryogenic state) by a titan(or even some major lore character) who thinks we will be needed again...

And then they develop Warcraft 4,5,6 and then WoW 2 based on the story of Warcraft 4,5,6 but they will allow us to import our characters from WoW 1 basically returning to the new azeroth or coming out of cryo... but we will still be lvl 1 and have to relearn everything again because things changed/we got weaker while we were in cryo... maybe some classes would have to retrain as others but we still keep many of our mounts/combat pets and items (if not all)...

That's kinda what I would expect from a "World of Warcraft 2". The Titans return and re-face the entire surface of Azeroth (gives a great excuse to make new lands and different lands have the same old names, ect.)

I dont think the OPs concept of origination is really a good way to go. Its basically a different game in which case you might as well play Titan because it accomplishes everything that was proposed: new world, better graphics, new classes, new races.

One thing they could do while keeping it Warcraft would be to have a huge jump in time between the expansions like what happens in the RTS games. Jump 100 years or more into the future so you can have all new lore characters(and kill off the old ones), new factions, new political landscape(territorial control), and at the same time upgrade the graphics. They could also rebirth all your characters at lvl 1, have all you current stuff turned into "heirlooms" for transmog only, and redo a lot of the class/specs at the same time. You would keep all your achs, mounts and vanity items as they are. If you want to go back and play the "classic" WoW it will scale you to a max level char in the last normal exp with the max ilvl available in that exp(so you can go back and farm transmog, mounts, ect).

---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 07:08 AM ----------

Assuming Titan is any good or has a story that gets people to play it. WoW is very popular because it was set up by the RTS games. Titan will not have that luxury if it is a new universe. I know I wont be playing it since I only play WoW because of the Warcraft RTS. Most likely it would be ~10 years after they release Titan. Thats about how long it takes Blizz to make a game. So they release Titan -> dev time goes way down -> devs sifted to new project WoW2 -> "We have no plans to make WoW 2" -> Soon(5-6 years after announcing WoW2) -> WoW 2 released. Or they could make Warcraft 4 instead which would be better as long as its more like WC2 than WC3.