Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Ahhh I'll send a message to the admin of that website... Maybe he will tell me smth

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

CombatReplay? NO SHIT! its very cool idea man i crossing fingers for it!

That looks really, really amazing.

I can't wait to test that addon

Quote Originally Posted by Pottsy710 View Post
    You just want to yell at Verdell more...
    Ohhhhhhhhh youuuuuuu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a project, that i had planned back in the days. An ajax based Whiteboard. Loading boss rooms, place bosses here and there, place marks and steps in realtime for phases and so on, to describe visually the strategy.

testtable = {}
    fighttime = 600
    update = 0.5
    raidsize = 25
    bossfight = 0
    for t = 1, (fighttime*(2/update)) do
    bossfight = bossfight + update
    for i=1, raidsize do
    testtable["raid"..i] = testtable["raid"..i] or {}

local xp, yp = GetPlayerMapPosition("player")
    testtable["raid"..i][bossfight] = testtable["raid"..i][bossfight] or {}
    testtable["raid"..i][bossfight]["y"] = yp+t+i
    testtable["raid"..i][bossfight]["x"] = xp+t+i
    end
    end
    14 mb of data for 10min bossfight if update every 0.5s, oh god
    Last edited by Aleaa; 2013-05-17 at 03:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleaa View Post
    14 mb of data
    Yes, if the value was not changed I can skip it, but... its CPU usage to check previous value. I can elaborate data after fight, deleting same values... It's good, but playing replay will need more CPU, this is not a problem..

At the moment I save all data, but I can reduced it in about 2-3 times.

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 06:42 PM ----------

Update: I'll skip some information if it is not changed, will test tomorrow this one...

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    I did a small test as well in LFR using x, y and UnitHealth to save 3 times per second.

Which different functions are you going to put in (as in boss hp, adds hp?, spells, buffs/debuffs, etc)? I guess you can have options to tick them off maybe to reduce memory (down to standard x,y, etc) when logging.

Deleted
    Yes, I'll add many options but later, off course you could disable everything but now I would like to test with "ALL ON".

It'd be neat if you could import someone else's log and run it in game (or better yet, use the tool, and have a WoL esque companion webapp and show "what are we doing wrong")

It'll be difficult to sync up the X, Y to the user image. That'll be the biggest hurdle. (and there's also maintaining the app with additional backgrounds.)

Deleted
    it's not difficult, I have to get x,y of the top left and bottom right points of the image, done. After that I'll put image to the frame scaling it to get the same position

There is a big problem with "boss position", yes, tracking a log I can "understand" who is melee and tank, every ~1.5 sec if a player did/got melee damage => he is near the boss, get position of all that players, find the point in the center and apply radius (every boss will have such property). But... every time position will change a little even if the boss doesn't move... Oh oh, its complicated some boss has fix position, will add that too..

Deleted
    This actually sounds great. Hope you can pull it off and I'd certainly be eager to test it.

Also, as someone suggested earlier, being able to use it as a sort of whiteboard to explain tactics to ther raid members would be freaking cool, like, you could have tha aerial view and explain tactics by moving the dots around and stuff. Probably harder, specially if it's to be synched, but hey, one can dream!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    This actually sounds great. Hope you can pull it off and I'd certainly be eager to test it.

Also, as someone suggested earlier, being able to use it as a sort of whiteboard to explain tactics to ther raid members would be freaking cool, like, you could have tha aerial view and explain tactics by moving the dots around and stuff. Probably harder, specially if it's to be synched, but hey, one can dream!
    that addon used to exist in tbc times, was called MinnaPlan

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shurshik87 View Post
    it's not difficult, I have to get x,y of the top left and bottom right points of the image, done. After that I'll put image to the frame scaling it to get the same position

There is a big problem with "boss position", yes, tracking a log I can "understand" who is melee and tank, every ~1.5 sec if a player did/got melee damage => he is near the boss, get position of all that players, find the point in the center and apply radius (every boss will have such property). But... every time position will change a little even if the boss doesn't move... Oh oh, its complicated some boss has fix position, will add that too..
    Set a threshold for minimum boss movement before it is detected. Could even purge all movements below that threshold from the recording in post-processing to make it smaller.

PS: If you could get 'scale' (coordinates to meters) for maps too, you could allow users to set this - would help for fights where the boss only moves a very small amount, but that movement is relevant. Not sure of any examples here.

Deleted
    After some test I got 5Mb of saved data for a fight in lfr, but in-game it shows me 15Mb, after relog too, this is strange

Deleted
    Assuming your code does some sort of parsing on the loaded SV data?

Deleted
    Yes, but. I close WoW. Look to wtf folder, there is a file of 5 Mb. Enter to game - 15 Mb. Without opening addon (it doesn't do anything)

---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 06:34 PM ----------

The same for recount, file = 17 Mb, ingame = 44 Mb

Deleted
    The file is plain text. Lua tables are quite a bit more memory intensive than their plain text representation.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post

that's already exists http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/boss-tactics

Shurshik87 maybe you combine your stuff with that addon? or at least take ideias from