Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    This Ion cannon dev is a moron. He should be fired and replaced with somebody sane. Catering the raiding content (that you spend more time creating and more resources creating than ANYTHING ELSE IN THE GAME) to the top 1% is fucking stupid. If so few people raid why spend all that time/effort/money on raids? and why make it so difficult it excludes players from that content?

Sounds like it's time for that nice long summer break til 5.4 comes out. Nothing that interesting in 5.3 imo. ToT is not that exciting to me, the trash is very boring and time consuming and some of the bosses are just tediously designed.

Here's hoping 5.4 will be awesomeeeee, and that pierre the cooking pet will be in it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    This Ion cannon dev is a moron. He should be fired and replaced with somebody sane. Catering the raiding content (that you spend more time creating and more resources creating than ANYTHING ELSE IN THE GAME) to the top 1% is fucking stupid. If so few people raid why spend all that time/effort/money on raids? and why make it so difficult it excludes players from that content?
    Seems more like that you are the m***n, they did 1 boss for the top 1%. The rest of the bosses are available to everyone through LFR and normals. Progression is something that drives a lot of people to keep playing. Even though maybe you want everything on a silver plate, doesn't mean that the rest wants that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fneelis View Post
    Seems more like that you are the m***n, they did 1 boss for the top 1%. The rest of the bosses are available to everyone through LFR and normals. Progression is something that drives a lot of people to keep playing. Even though maybe you want everything on a silver plate, doesn't mean that the rest wants that.
    All raid content (outside of lfr) is tuned and made for the 1%. The percentage of players that will see raden is a fraction of a fraction really. These developers have no clue
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

He is not a moron and he actually adressed that issue about normal modes being harder than intended. He said several times that 10man in general and normal modes are supposed to be easier than they are right now and they have different people working on different things so they are not actually giving up on anything.

Please read the whole thing. And ambition is important. The number of players to beat, the number of challenges in a game are important eventhough if you are not actually doing anything in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game has serious organizational issues and the developers or their bosses need to do some in house cleaning. After reading the front page article and a couple of tweets from GC recently I've become convinced of that. First of all they design content (raids) that they know few few few players will do (at the expense of eliminating other content btw that had a far broader reach) and then they also purposely designed those raids so that 2/3 modes are inaccessible to a huge chunk of the player base that would potentially be interested in doing them. HOw the fuck do you run a business like this? Who the fuck designs a game like this? It's like game development run by the joker or something.

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 04:24 PM ----------

He doesn't have a fucking CLUE. That's all their is to it. Challenge had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO with the mass appeal of wow and actually all Blizzard titles. The developers just think that it does.

Removing shared lockouts would just make people feel that it was mandatory to do the raid on both sizes every week to get gear faster.
    For some people, sure... and this is a good thing, not a bad thing. It would do a lot to encourage pug raids, and for smaller guilds to coordinate 25-man raids together.

Raid finder is designed to not be attractive to players that are doing most of the raid on Normal or Heroic difficulty, but for players that don't have a fixed raid group to play with.
    Then don't put rewards in LFR that normal raiders would want to have. I get wanting to allow non-raiding players the ability to get legendary quest items, tier pieces, reputation that valor items are locked behind, etc... but if you put this stuff in LFR, then normal raiders are going to feel obligated to do it. What they should have done was remove reputation requirements from all valor items, make the 502 tier pieces purchasable with valor, and cause bosses in Normal mode and Hard mode to have a significantly higher chance to drop legendary quest items than LFR. Make these legendary quest items able to drop from each boss once each week regardless of difficulty. Normal mode raiders will probably still run the bosses in LFR that they aren't downing yet, but at least the incentive is diminished.

I think they are moving towards making 10 man a bit easier dropping lesser gear, making 10 man normal more casual and less punishing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkwolfgang View Post
    Maybe having LFR / Easy(10/25) / Normal(10/25) / Heroic modes(10/25), all sharing lockout?
    Yes yesss yesss so i wont play at all.
    How about 1 reset per month?

Lets face 23k raiding guild now and decreasing ...It's unhealthy.
    Cata model proved 2 be wrong.

Blizzard's flip flopping with lockouts and their inability to understand what drives their players to raid is costing them subs. Maybe they will one day get it and realize what made Wrath so much fun.

This game has serious organizational issues and the developers or their bosses need to do some in house cleaning. After reading the front page article and a couple of tweets from GC recently I've become convinced of that. First of all they design content (raids) that they know few few few players will do (at the expense of eliminating other content btw that had a far broader reach) and then they also purposely designed those raids so that 2/3 modes are inaccessible to a huge chunk of the player base that would potentially be interested in doing them. HOw the fuck do you run a business like this? Who the fuck designs a game like this? It's like game development run by the joker or something.

He doesn't have a fucking CLUE. That's all their is to it. Challenge had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO with the mass appeal of wow and actually all Blizzard titles. The developers just think that it does.
    Hahahaha, back when Blizzard tried to sell the idea that something like Firelands with their poor 7 bosses was like 14 awesome and totally diferent bosses because you had normal AND heroic, most players tried to show that it was stupid thing to say because dificult setting =/= content.

Now ppl actually say that (and Blizzard try to say that they're not denying content because a boss in LFR = Normal = Heroic)?

Funny.

And 2/3 modes inaccessible to a huge chunk? Ok...

Deleted
    I'm pretty certain Blizzard is doing a good job, after 7 years it's still the most played MMO.

And your theory about them doing 1 boss for just hardcore raiders being bad is wrong. WoW saw it's peaktime during TBC-WOTLK(correct me if I'm wrong), did they cater for casuals then? No, not really. There was no LFR and only a very few amount of people saw Sunwell while it was new. Only a few people killed Algalon, and the harder Ulduar hardmodes while it was new. Same goes for ICC.

WoW has been losing subs ever since Cataclysm when LFR was introduced. I'm not saying that it's only because of LFR. But WoW going downhill is definitely not because they do 1 boss that is Heroic only. WoW had it's peaktime when they didnt cater for casuals. People need something to look up to, they need goals that they can strive for when playing the game. Killing something on LFR does exactly the opposite thing.

You are just ignorant.
    Last edited by mmoc451d590d06; 2013-05-16 at 05:15 PM.

If there's one team that is very often excelling in WoW is the encounter design team

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    If there's one team that is very often excelling in WoW is the encounter design team
    Excelling at driving players to lfr and potentially out of raiding in general.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Excelling at driving players to lfr and potentially out of raiding in general.
    Again... did you even listen to the interview?

He admited that normals was a bit harder than intended.

You're just embarrassing yourself.

I just told you that they don't design it like that. He has talked a lot about the difficulty of normal modes and 10 man in general and wasn't that what you were complaining about? He is aware of the issues and obviously he is not going to talk about those issues and then do nothing about them.

You should listen to the whole 30min interview before complaining about stuff because what you are doing here right now is pointless.

Blizzards design philosophy right now seems to based around making bad decisions and then piling the band aids on top of them until you can't even tell what was underneath. All the while they choose to ignore the most pressing issue in the game today which is the bloat of grossly underpopulated realms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    I just told you that they don't design it like that. He has talked a lot about the difficulty of normal modes and 10 man in general and wasn't that what you were complaining about? He is aware of the issues and obviously he is not going to talk about those issues and then do nothing about them.

You should listen to the whole 30min interview before complaining about stuff because what you are doing here right now is pointless.
    It's not "a bit" harder than intended. It's actually much more than that. The gap between lfr and normal is HUGE. He's ignorant and willfully ignorant of his own game it seems. What I said remains true. They have no idea how to design content and build a game for their player base and they have no idea what made their game(s) successful in the first place.
    The hammer comes down:

"It would have been nice to have more dungeons while leveling in Pandaria, as there wasn't enough variety. This is something that can be improved upon in the future."

It's so comical when they say it like it's something they had absolutely no control over.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't look too fondly upon LFR. Yes, it's good for those who'd like to see it but have real life stuff going on. However, it also has down side as well and I'll tell you why: Because Blizzard used LFR as a reason for upping the difficulty of raiding normal. Anecdotal of course, but this is exactly what I and plenty of other players that I know had been warning about long before Mr. Hazzikostas now basically admitting as such. Unfortunately, it's too little and too late for quite a few guilds. The prior guild I was in had been formed on day 1 when my server came online, but Mists of Pandaria hurt us more than even Cataclysm had (shared lockout/loot). After all these years, it finally transferred off in mid-March because the raiding population is sparse on Malfurion. And just last night in my current guild (which is also quite old), it was announced that there'd be no more progression raiding for mostly the same reasons.

If Blizzard is serious about keeping players whose skill level is higher than LFR but not quite there with the MoP incarnation of normal raiding, it needs to bring the difficulty back down.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The tons of raid-geared alts didn't happen until Dragon Soul. Then players naturally expected to keep the into 5.0.
    I'm not saying there weren't alts before, but the average player having 4-5 happened in Dragon Soul.
    We talking about those with LFR gear as well, or just normal/heroic? Because I can tell you, big-time alt raiding first came up during Icecrown Citadel, where you could buy your T10 starter set with Emblem of Frost earned from doing your daily LFD. And LFD became a huge laugh for dungeons introduced prior to patch 3.3, with your powerful AoE and being able to straight-up ignore mechanics (Loken and Gal'darah come to mind). The fastest dungeon I ever completed was Gun'drak in nine(!) minutes.

And goodness above, I miss those days. You talk about Cataclysm being alt-friendly? No, it wasn't all that alt-friendly when you use WotLK as the standard.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn