Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Cata was a more alt friendly xpac thanks to it being out for such a long time. Would have been nice to have some new dungeons to plow through for fun.

I don't mind trash in LFR actually. Just don't let people use trash + boss to kill LFR groups like they do with Tortos + trash. Everyone leaves the group every time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    What I think they should do is make 25 man drop higher iLevel gear (not a lot, about the difference between normal and Thunderforged gear), but keep the drops the same; the problem before was that most of the 25M gear was awesome, and a lot of 10M gear was shit, so you felt like you had to raid 25M for the good drops. If the gear drops were the same but 25M was a bit higher, yeah you still might be enticed to run 25M for the slightly better stats, but you don't feel like you HAVE to.
    I think their argument before would have been that ilevel leaps between tiers were getting crazy as a result of the staggered ilevel between 10s 25s and then heroics of both. If this is still the case I'm not sure they'd want to implement this again. Of course they could narrow how much of an improvement they were from what they had been previously.

Deleted
    The devs would like to see more organized raiding, such as the organized PuGs that existed before Raid Finder.

What's this I don't even......

I wish this Fernando Berriel guy would just stop tweeting and GC would stop answering him.

Quote Originally Posted by Brokeguy View Post
    Cata was a more alt friendly xpac thanks to it being out for such a long time. Would have been nice to have some new dungeons to plow through for fun.
    Cataclysm wasn't out any longer than any of the other xpacs - in fact, it was a good 2-3 months shorter than the other two. :P

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeActionTess View Post
    The devs would like to see more organized raiding, such as the organized PuGs that existed before Raid Finder.

What's this I don't even......
    I think LFR is over all a good thing, the problem is its taking from another niche that needs to be filled, but doing so in a way that doesn't fully satisfy the niche. LFR is great for people who don't want to be too serious, just go play, que up and see some raids, maby with some friends in chat or voice coms. And that's fine. Its ilvls are balanced such that for a normal mode raider, there is not much point to running it (still needs some tweaking due to trinkets and set bonuses, but not sure how they over come this fully), at this point i think its much more a perception thing for people that feel they need to run it (valor is another issue, valor gain is too slow this expansion).

The niche that i refer to that still needs proper filling is the person who wants to run organized raids, but doesn't want to or cant commit to a full time guild with set raid times. These are the people who just run lfr because its better than not raiding or being tied down to a guild they don't have time for. We know there is a decent chunk of people who have gone this route, and is part of the reason allot of guilds are struggling right now. The interesting part here is that the tools for this are already in place. Allow cross realm raiding of the current teir, done. Combine with communities like open raid (or build an in game system like open raid), and people have tools for easily organizing pug raids. Hell, even if they just opened up cross realm raiding for the current teir after x months, patches like 5.3 would be the perfect time for this. The biggest risk here is arguably the reason they don't do it, and that is the potential damage to guilds when you don't "need" a guild to do the most current content. How ever, tools and opportunities like this could potentially be good for guilds as they can utilize the same tools to fill in gaps when some one is a no show, and to help find potential recruits.

Its nice they're finally realizing the difference between LFR (not real raiding) and Normal (of which 3% of the non-asian pop is past 6/12 10 weeks in) is too large and causing unsubbs everywhere. Anecdotally, over half my friends list and dozens of guildies have given up with some of them being subbed since 2004. I suspect the LFR (50%, 502) Easy (75%, 514) Normal (100%, 522) Heroic (150%, 535) E/N/H shared lockout model will come, but a few too many patches or expansion late.

Daily Blink poking fun at why people who read websites like this one shouldn't really complain about things not being hidden or mysterious :P

I think Alts are just as easy to gear up, I don't know why people complain about it or why it is even worth a blue reaction. It's just a little different. That's considering you actually did the content on your main (comm rep bonus coins).

Some of these tweets are a week old. I assume MMO-Champ is staggering their placement on the news so as to not overwhelm people?

"The devs would like to see more organized raiding, such as the organized PuGs that existed before Raid Finder."

Then get rid of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrouswheel View Post
    "The devs would like to see more organized raiding, such as the organized PuGs that existed before Raid Finder."

Then get rid of it.
    Well it would not serve all those players who did not raid before LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Duerma View Post
    Cataclysm wasn't out any longer than any of the other xpacs - in fact, it was a good 2-3 months shorter than the other two. :P

He was probably referring to the last patch of Cataclysm, which was super long (9 months?). Going that long without new content made a very alt-friendly environment.

The success rates on Spine of Deathwing and Madness of Deathwing upon release in Raid Finder were about the same as they are on Lei Shen today. The success rate quickly went up on Madness of Deathwing, going from 25% during the first few weeks to 60 or 70% towards the end of the expansion
    I wonder about the change before the 30% buff and after DS was xrealmable.

The devs would like to see more organized raiding, such as the organized PuGs that existed before Raid Finder
    Making current tier xrealmable will certainly help.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Soooo.... Sounds like BLizzard is ready to throw the bomb and push 10 mans back down to lower quality gear and easier encounters. Gonna be fun to see the second class citizens react to that .
    Doubtful, sounds more likely they gonna introduce another difficulty level in-between LFR->Normal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrouswheel View Post

Then get rid of it.

And try to pug and organize on deserted servers ??
    They need to prioritize what problems to fix...

Merge servers and bring back 10/25 lock-outs so that there are actually people on the server and are more willing to pug if they raid more serious in the other lock-out with their own guild.

One word:
    TELEPORTER!

Why you no bring teleporter back in raids?

Deleted
    Honestly I never saw it as a problem that the world top guilds cleared content incredibly fast. It is just how it is.
    But that blizz choose to follow that arms race was probably not a good idea.
    Trying to have an arms race with 500 people while alienating 500.000 people ain't that smart.

and yea 500 and 500.000 are made up numbers but it is about the bringing over the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    Well it would not serve all those players who did not raid before LFR.
    They aren't raiding now either, LFR isn't raiding. It's afking to get loot. And then they storm twitter and the forums whining that they're not getting enough afk loot even though they gave bonus rolls to help that. It's ridiculous.