Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Well, here is video number 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3EV36y4SNU

Now I am going to bed and tomorrow, "depends on the weather" I'll decide to upload it or not, its still early alpha

At the moment playing video is refreshed 24 times in 1 sec and looks nice, should check it with max performance to see how much should I reduce...

Deleted
    Genius.

Total genius.

Though I fear such an addon would end up getting "broken" by Blizzard because it would be too good/useful to have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipteaze View Post
    Genius.

Total genius.

Though I fear such an addon would end up getting "broken" by Blizzard because it would be too good/useful to have.
    Whats wrong with it? It shows nothing that a fraps + combat log would show you. It is not like it works like that bullshit addon going around in ICC adding circles on the ground.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Whats wrong with it? It shows nothing that a fraps + combat log would show you. It is not like it works like that bullshit addon going around in ICC adding circles on the ground.
    There's nothing wrong with it IMO. Blizzard may think differently though. Ultimately it's their decision and everyone knows how volatile Blizzard are, sometimes, when they make decisions on the fly.

Deleted
    Holy Mother of god
    WANT
    WANT NAU!

Hmmm this is interesting. I don't raid...or code...but I'd like to see how this turns out. You have my support, Shuriken.

Replaying, looking over logs, etc, are all key parts of high-end progression.

This could be a great tool for raiding guilds. The thing with instant casts may just require a 1s/1.5s (depending on GCD of the class) static bar to indicate an instant ability was used.

Also, some sort of real-time functionality that BossBluePrints had might be useful as well - instead of replaying the fight, let you "plan out" the fight with similar icons on a map with the boss marked, arrows and arcs and circles to indicate movement, etc. Think drawing up a play in football/basketball. Ability to share across the 25 people in the raid, like a coach with his players.

Deleted
    I have just uploaded the first alpha, there is 1 known bug already, but I have no access to the game during the day so I'll test the fix at the evening
    http://www.phoenixstyle.com/downloads.php

I hope in some weeks it will get more features and become more stable...
    At the moment it tracks more information that shows I'll reduce that with time
    Last edited by mmoc29459bcbff; 2013-05-23 at 09:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    that is...absolutely incredible. Cheers, Shurshik, I look forward to using this in the future

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Also, some sort of real-time functionality that BossBluePrints had might be useful as well - instead of replaying the fight, let you "plan out" the fight with similar icons on a map with the boss marked, arrows and arcs and circles to indicate movement, etc. Think drawing up a play in football/basketball. Ability to share across the 25 people in the raid, like a coach with his players.
    This sounds very much Like AVR if I recall correctly (I think it was this) and got broken pretty quickly.
    From the sounds of it, this is much more of an analysis of what happened, not what to do.

A playbook, not like actually drawing on the environment like AVR did.

Deleted
    Now I am thinking about bosses, its ok to show 2 boss frames, but for some combats we need 4 frames... it's a lot :/ there is no space for them. I want to show: boss model, hp, castbar, buffs, target, cast history (?). 2 frames are enough or I need 4... will think

Deleted
    Are there any plans of adding a feature to export/share the replays?

btw why do you not use the ingame instance maps?
    Last edited by mmocf8b5782c2b; 2013-05-23 at 10:18 PM.

Deleted
    Yes, I have many plans, but this is very big project :/

I'll use ingame maps, but don't like them, they are not so helpful, I'll test first [COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by mmoc29459bcbff; 2013-05-27 at 06:58 AM.

So I love the idea of this addon and am very thankful for how fast you've been working on it. I just downloaded the Alpha yesterday and wanted to try it out but had trouble getting it functioning.

I started combat logging, I checked the box that said "Save last 3 combats" (or something like that) and then engaged the boss but had no data afterwards. Am I missing anything? Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    It is enabled by default, and checkbox should be already checked, maybe you unchecked it... or maybe there was some lua error, but it should work
    Last edited by mmoc29459bcbff; 2013-05-27 at 12:27 PM.

This is something I've been talking about for a long time, ever since attrox arena viewer came out, that someone should do something like this. Live logging raids to WoL is a great tool but you can't see movement. Incredible work.

Also the planning a fight thing could be really useful if done. Long ago we used to have an addon the let you draw and share the picture with other people with the addon, if it would work the same way but with pre-determined icons and lines it would be amazing.

Will download alpha and test when I get home from work.

Deleted
    Today I am thinking how to get boss position, it's not easy and I would like to find the best way...

I have all swing_damage/missed events with coordinates.

I don't like this one, but can't find one better:
    - I take melee positions every 2 seconds, find the center position and this is "the boss position", after that I put there a circle (for every boss there will be specific radius)
    - Also I'll play with "Alpha transparency" depends how many player's positions were used to calculate boss' position.
    - Together with custom radius there might be another propriety: "kiting". If its false and calculated position was changed only for <n yd - boss position will not be changed on replay. Some boss like Tortos will get their exact position

You could check which tank is getting hit by the boss and try to deduce position from that. And if there is melee, on most bosses you could assume they are behind the boss, so tank position and melee postion, in between those should be boss.

Deleted
    In theory simply awesome!
    Remains to be seen how good it works when finished Neddless to say, I'm very excited about this addon!
    If I end up using it, you will get a nice donation for all your hard work!
    Thanks!