Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zethh View Post
    You could check which tank is getting hit by the boss and try to deduce position from that. And if there is melee, on most bosses you could assume they are behind the boss, so tank position and melee postion, in between those should be boss.
    Yes, but there is a problem, boss sometimes doesn't hit tank for many seconds (while casting etc), if I track it every 2 sec, tank will not be there all the time (yes he can be find by addon as melee but not always he hits boss every 2 sec), and I can't know if he is still tanking or offtank took the boss already... This changes the position a lot:

first 2 sec:
    melee, boss, tank:
    *** B T

2 sec later:
    melee, boss, (no tank)
    *B*

2 sec later, tank made a hit:
    melee, boss, melee(tank):
    *** B T

Well yes, I can check if the position was changed because there was no tank and then in <5 sec was restored - change the positions between the 1st an the last one, ufff, well To try a little complicate
    Last edited by mmoc29459bcbff; 2013-05-28 at 10:49 AM.

Deleted
    Hey !
    Thanks for your (as always) awesome work.

I know that there isn't a function to get enemy player's coordinates. You should check this addon code http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/range-display
    It uses player's spell range availability to estimate their target's range.

Maybe you could use this to determinate the position (extrapolate maybe)?

Another request : is it possible to track raid icons (cuz any bossmods use this to show which player got an important task whatsoever) ?

Thanks !

Deleted
    Another request : is it possible to track raid icons (cuz any bossmods use this to show which player got an important task whatsoever) ?
    Nice suggestion! I was thinking to add a list of "important" debuffs, instead I can add marks first, in or under the player's frames

Just wanted to reply again and let you know I tested it out again last night and it worked fine (think I was having a combat log issue before). I haven't used it in a main raid yet but it worked really well in our alt 10m. Once it's polished a little more with boss maps and possibly boss position it will be great. Also will there be any sort of timeline for spells casted?

We had someone pull the boss early and it would be nice to see who did it. Found out through Skada easily enough but was wondering if there would be a way to track things like that in CR. Thanks a lot for the great addon!

Fantastic addon. Used it on Lei Shen 10H to analyse our transition phases and p2 positions.
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

Love this addon, don't know how much more "stuff" you want to do with it, but could you have an ability to click on one person, and (mod) click someone else and have it show the distance between them? I'm mainly asking for Heroic Dark Animus.

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHHya...ature=youtu.be

I think to upload the new version tomorrow and to create a new topic to discuss it here, on mmo. I have no time at the moment to work with "graphic", but I am trying to spend all me free time on it

P.S. need your help to choose the best UI for "range check between 2 players". Now (not will be available tomorrow):
    - you can click on player to see what he is casting etc.
    - BUT, when you click on button "Range check" it starts to flash, now if you click on 2 players you will see distance between them, until you click one more time on button "Range check"

is it ok? Or...?

Deleted
    That looks incredible, if worst came to worst you could always use WMV or something I guess to view the boss rooms?

Still loving this addon and great to see you keep improving it! The range check sounds fantastic and the way you described it sounds like it would work great.

One issue myself and a few others in my guild had with is is that when you load the addon it's huge. It's bigger than our screen and we have to drag it around to see the whole thing. I'm assuming this has something to do with your UI scale or something like that but just thought I'd give you a heads up.

Deleted
    Yes, I'll add different sizes, but it's more easy to add all frames first and then adjust them to different sizes :/