Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Siege of Orgrimmar will be around as big as ToT.

Patch 5.4 will have a raid that is similar in size to Throne of Thunder.
    The team started working on Patch 5.4 as soon as they were done with work on the Patch 5.2 PTR content

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Great, great, known that for a while now. /shrug

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, gotta agree with Wishblade. Pretty sure they mentioned that ToT size was around the size they wanted to do for future raids. Though it'll be more interesting to see how they come up with so many bosses based around the Horde and Orgrimmar. I myself can only think of about five Pro-Hellscream people including Garrosh himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Patch 5.4 will have a raid that is similar in size to Throne of Thunder.
    The team started working on Patch 5.4 as soon as they were done with work on the Patch 5.2 PTR content

Thoughts?
    I'd imagine 10 to 12 bosses per tier will now be the norm, but I'm not so sure it's a great thing. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of big raids like Ulduar, Icecrown and Karazhan but... The normal/heroic split effectively means you have to progress through an instance twice, assuming you're not in the tiny percent at the top who blow through normals in a fortnight.

For me, it's a pretty punishing regime of progressing on 25 bosses this tier and a similar number the next. Not sure how I really feel about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fezzina View Post
    Eh, gotta agree with Wishblade. Pretty sure they mentioned that ToT size was around the size they wanted to do for future raids. Though it'll be more interesting to see how they come up with so many bosses based around the Horde and Orgrimmar. I myself can only think of about five Pro-Hellscream people including Garrosh himself.
    Well it still comes to a surprise, they said they wanted to do ulduar sized raids atleast once a year, And 5.2 to 5.4 is like less then half a year from eachother.
    I like it =)

Boss 11 spine of Garrosh, he jumps into the ocean there next to Orgrimmar and starts swimming furiously towards Echo Isles. Simple fight control adds that come out of his back.
    Boss 12 Madness of Garrosh, on Echo Isles he becomes a beached whale and starts fighting the raiders on the shore after a grueling 4 phase fight Thrall stumbles onto a mana bomb that Garrosh had in his pocket, which fell onto the ground next to him, and detonates it. They both become an explosion of sparkles and everybody is happy the end.

Also Garrosh is that whale narwhal thing from the post the other day explaining how we fight on his back so lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    Boss 11 spine of Garrosh, he jumps into the ocean there next to Orgrimmar and starts swimming furiously towards Echo Isles. Simple fight control adds that come out of his back.
    Boss 12 Madness of Garrosh, on Echo Isles he becomes a beached whale and starts fighting the raiders on the shore after a grueling 4 phase fight Thrall stumbles onto a mana bomb that Garrosh had in his pocket, which fell onto the ground next to him, and detonates it. They both become an explosion of sparkles and everybody is happy the end.

Also Garrosh is that whale narwhal thing from the post the other day explaining how we fight on his back so lol.
    That made me giggle.
    I imagine a massive garrosh swimming away and we are attacking his back :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post

ITS NARWHALOSH WHALESCREAM !!!!!

On topic (and slighty calmer): Im actually really interested about this. I wonder what lore rape will blizz commit to squizze 11-12 bosses in SOO. I really can't think about more than 5-6 possibilities. But oh well, lets hope that cyber-ghost onyxia will put good fight this time.

More interested in when will they announce the new feature that comes with 5.4... Please please scale us down in old raids with good rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    cyber-ghost onyxia
    Ahahaha next expansion we fight onyxia's ghost's ghost!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fezzina View Post
    I would not be surprised to find monsters like giant Magnataurs that he used before or summoned elementals or engines of war

10+ Year Old Account
    ITS NARWHALOSH WHALESCREAM !!!!!

On topic (and slighty calmer): Im actually really interested about this. I wonder what lore rape will blizz commit to squizze 11-12 bosses in SOO. I really can't think about more than 5-6 possibilities. But oh well, lets hope that cyber-ghost onyxia will put good fight this time.
    They will just re-use bosses.

Boss 1. Nazgrim.
    Boss 2. Undead Nazgrim.
    Boss 3. Onyxia.
    Boss 4. Resurrected Nazgrim.
    Boss 5. Spirit of Nazgrim.
    boss 6. Warlord Zaela.
    Boss 7. Proto Drake of Zaela.
    Boss 8. Robot Nazgrim.
    boss 9. Malkorok.
    boss 10. Corrupted Thrall.
    Boss 11. Garrosh Hellscream.
    Boss 12. Sha of Pride.

Boss 1. Nazgrim.
    Boss 2. Undead Nazgrim.
    Boss 3. Onyxia.
    boss 6. Warlord Zaela.
    Boss 8. Robot Nazgrim.
    boss 9. Malkorok.
    Boss 12. Sha of Pride.
    Poor Nazgrim looks like he wasn't meant for this world in any incarnation.

Deleted
    I hope there isn't as much trash mobs as in ToT(Megaera, ji-kun and horridon trashs are horrible)

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)

Boss 1. Nazgrim.
    Boss 2. Undead Nazgrim.
    Boss 3. Onyxia.
    boss 6. Warlord Zaela.
    Boss 8. Robot Nazgrim.
    boss 9. Malkorok.
    Boss 12. Sha of Pride.
    We should merge some bosses to make it 18+ bosses tier.

13. Sha of onyxia
    14. Thrall Hellscream
    15. Orctables
    16. Vegetablorcs
    17. Nazgrimxgianthamster hybrid.
    18. Kaelnyxiarak.

I'm glad that they're committed to larger raids. ToT has been the best raid Blizzard has produced in years, and it certainly sets the bar high for Siege of Orgrimmar. So far the only thing I'm worried about is that there won't be a lot of of new in-game art. This could easily turn in to another Dragon Soul, in terms of using nothing but environments and npcs that are already in the game. However, if done right this could be the greatest raid ever, especially if it has lasting changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    We should merge some bosses to make it 18+ bosses tier.

13. Sha of onyxia
    14. Thrall Hellscream
    15. Orctables
    16. Vegetablorcs
    17. Nazgrimxgianthamster hybrid.
    18. Kaelnyxiarak.
    And all of them should have loads of extra legs too!

I like how what was common knowledge to the majority of the community and now to all members reading the front page compelled you to make a personal thread on the matter. Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    And all of them should have loads of extra legs too!
    Uh oh that reminds me of the good ol' days when Ragnaros was made fun of with dem legs we gotta get on putting more legs on everything, change the warrior saying from "I need more rage" to "I need more legs"!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    I'm glad that they're committed to larger raids. ToT has been the best raid Blizzard has produced in years, and it certainly sets the bar high for Siege of Orgrimmar. So far the only thing I'm worried about is that there won't be a lot of of new in-game art. This could easily turn in to another Dragon Soul, in terms of using nothing but environments and npcs that are already in the game. However, if done right this could be the greatest raid ever, especially if it has lasting changes.
    What about: The fight starts at durotar, Where we kill like half of the bosses. ( or even the barrens! )
    And then we nuke down the gate and get inside, when we notice that whole orgrimmar is infested with sha or old god slimy stuff.
    Those who touches it, get's turned and will fight against you.

So the next few bosses are our own man we like!
    And Sha bosses.

This might fill some spots.