Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Pretty sure it was supposed to be 5.4.

NPC tanks and NPC healers to reduce wait time in LFR

.....oh the qq

Deleted
    Maybe it will be Aerial Combat? Or Path of Titans? *Cough* Wotlk *Cough* Cataclysm *Cough*... OR!!! a Dance Studio

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Oh I'd like a Pet Battle tournament (elimination rounds)

and the QQ would be stellar
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10 LFR.

Just a hunch, based on the front page story and their feeling that they left the "friends and family" type guilds that don't boot people for performance, etc, out in the cold when they merged the 10/25 normal lockouts and difficulty and added 25 LFR.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Couple months ago, GC mentioned that there was an unannounced feature coming in 5.3 that he was excited about. There were some hints.. the first is that a lot of people would go ´meh´ when it was finally announced. The second hint was that it would add a lot of content for some players.

Did I miss where it was announced, or cancelled? The general consensus is that it was going to be the ability to queue to do lower level dungeons and get scaled down..

I don't remember them ever naming a patch it would be released in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Looking for dailies : A tool that can group you for your favourite part of content.
    I would use that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been thinking a lot about it, and an idea had formed in my mind. Then today, BBB came up with this.

Oh please, let it be something like that.

- T

10+ Year Old Account
    Most likely it will be revealed in 5.4/5.5
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Couple months ago, GC mentioned that there was an unannounced feature coming in 5.3 that he was excited about.
    No he didn't. They never announced a specific patch.

Why do all statements have to be repeated every few hours or they will get vastly misreported?

Quote Originally Posted by Tureni View Post
    I've been thinking a lot about it, and an idea had formed in my mind. Then today, BBB came up with this.

- T
    I came to WoW from COH, and it was one of the first things I didn't understand WoW not having from the second I started playing. Especially when I saw how rich and interesting the then-obsolete raid instances like MC and BWL were. In COH, you could get rewards usable at max level even if you did a Positron Task Force level capped at 16 and scaled down, because the challenge was commensurate with the player, you couldn't effectively bulldoze it (much later, if you built a character specifically for only that, you could solo such content when scaled down, but more as a boutique hobby, not as a way to farm rewards).

I remember levelling in old Kalimdor, during Wrath, and being intrigued by all the questing that eventually sets up AQ, and I was still in the low 40s when I realized... there was nothing to look forward to there, no getting a group together to go fight the bugs, because it was basically dead content. I think SK/Exemplar system, scaling, etc, to make all prior content relevant to characters at any level would be quite fun.

Wasn't it supposed to be for 5.4?

10+ Year Old Account
    Couple months ago, GC mentioned that there was an unannounced feature coming in 5.3 that he was excited about. There were some hints.. the first is that a lot of people would go ´meh´ when it was finally announced. The second hint was that it would add a lot of content for some players.

Did I miss where it was announced, or cancelled? The general consensus is that it was going to be the ability to queue to do lower level dungeons and get scaled down..
    Shiuuu.... Its a secret... Shiuuu, tell no one.

Deleted
    THanks for your idea about scaling, but no thanks. Scaling is the blight of the RPG industry and in most cases just leads to http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EmptyLevels . FF 8 springs to mind, where there was absolutely no point in leveling whatsoever and the best idea was to stay at level 19 just junctioning stuff/getting better items to get stats as good as level 99 while every enemy still was scaled towards level 19.

Its going to be cross faction dungeon grouping...

Its going to happen.

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 01:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    THanks for your idea about scaling, but no thanks. Scaling is the blight of the RPG industry and in most cases just leads to http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EmptyLevels . FF 8 springs to mind, where there was absolutely no point in leveling whatsoever and the best idea was to stay at level 19 just junctioning stuff/getting better items to get stats as good as level 99 while every enemy still was scaled towards level 19.
    Bad comparison. Final fantasy 8 and wow are completely different games.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tureni View Post

As long as the scaling only took place through LFD/LFR then yes...it would probably be a minor revitalization for WoW. The only problem I can see is that it would stretch the remaining player base very thin, resulting in beyond average queue times. Can you imagine how long you would wait as a DPS under this sytem? An hour to 2 hours at best. Queues are already fairly lengthy just with the amount of raid content available now.

In a perfect world this would be the feature to complete WoW. Making everything people want to experience somewhat relevant again...but I don't see it working. Maybe there's a solution I don't see right now, like randomly queueing for an old raid and it just selects it for you, but other than that the queue times would be more negative than the positive the change would bring.
    BAD WOLF

I am sure he said 5.4 and not 5.3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Don't worry. Its probably already scrapped and wont see the light of day
    Yeah, because they did not deliver with Dungeon and raid finders and transmog.

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 10:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    I am sure he said 5.4 and not 5.3
    He did not say any patch number. He just said it was not announced yet.