Page 1 of 3
LastLast

No new class just buff the old ones.

Alot of people have been writing about what new class blizzard should implement or their own ideas for 4th spec.
    So these are my ideas on a forth spec with mastery and description.

Short break down:

• Two new tanks
    • Two new healers
    • Two new ranged physical
    • Three new Ranged caster
    • One new melee

4th Class Spec's

Death Knight - Necromancer - Dps Ranged (uses spirit/int plate gear)
    Mastery: Lich Lord - The necromancer's spells have a % chance to summon an undead champion ( max 5 champions)

Description: With the fall of Arthas certain death knights began once again researching the control of the dead,The necromancer focuses on having their five undead champions up at all times, his attacks debuff the enemy, apply dots and buff the damage dealt by his summoned minions.

Druid - Guardian - Tank melee(uses agility leather gear)
    Mastery: Nature's Guardian - Increases your armor by X%.

Description: "Already in game"

Hunter - Seer - Healer Ranged (uses int/spirit mail gear)
    Mastery: Alpha Male - The seer links with their pet giving it's attack a % chance to heal the lowest life friendly target)

Description: The seer uses his focus to heal his allies, his main mechanic is the healing done by his pets auto attacks, he uses a lot of hot's and the pet tends to supply the bigger heals. He is able to keep the pet alive through various mechanics also.

Mage - Time - Healer Ranged (uses int/spirit cloth gear)
    Mastery: Acceleration - Your friendly spells have a % chance to make your next time ability be critical.

Description: Mastery of time has given the mage a unique way to heal damage by reversing time, the mage technically does not heal you but reverts your body back to a state before it took the damage or at least some of the damage. Time magic also boosts allies mana regen, health regen attack speed and movement speed.

Monk - Stormcaller - Dps Ranged (uses int/spirit leather gear)
    Mastery: Red Crane - Your Spells have a % chance to summon unstable chi orbs near your enemies, these orbs explode after a set time.

Description: Those who follow the teaching of the red crane, focus on unleashing their chi as powerful ranged attacks.

Paladin - Zealotry - Dps Ranged (uses int/spirit plate gear)
    Mastery: Lights Fury -Your damaging spells have a % chance to make your next damaging spell cost no mana and be a guaranteed critical.

Description: Battle priest's, Templar's, shockadin's whatever you call them the zealot is the caster of the light, First used by the scarlet crusade the zealots use the light's power to turn the tide of battle in their favor bombarding their enemies from afar.

Priest - Archon - Dps Melee (uses hit/master cloth gear)
    Mastery: Fanatic - Increases your melee haste by X%.

Description: After years of disciple priests empowering themselves some branched out to forgo healing their allies and focus on increasing their own combat prowess. The Archon uses their spell power to increase their melee attacks and their abilities focus on empowering their own attack speed, critical and damage.

Shaman - Warden - Tank Melee (uses agility mail gear)
    Mastery: Granite Blood - Increases the damage absorbed by Gravel blockade by X%.

Description: After gaining the mantle of the earth warden thrall began to show other shaman the power within the earth, The warden is able to use the earth itself as a shield for attacks, and damages the enemy with rock empowered attacks.

Rogue - Duelist - Dps Ranged (uses agility leather gear) ( 1h pistols )
    Mastery: Crack shot - Your basic attacks have a % chance to mark your target causing your abilities to apply bleeds to the target.

Description: The pure dps class some rogues have left the dagger's behind to pick up the newly created 1 handed pistols, duelists as the call themselves are extremely fast deadly ranged fighters. Using stealth and tricks to confuse their opponents and strike with a barrage of bullets.

Warlock - Medium - Tank Melee (uses hit/mastery cloth)
    Mastery: Subjugation - Increases your fel-bond by X%.

Description: The medium is the ultimate wielder of black magic, Using their own body as a vessel the medium allows demonic spirits to enter their body and channel their fury onto our world. The medium is a tank using the gained power of the paired demons to share a percentage of the damage taken by the medium to the demons body essentially allowing the medium to take a lot more damage then
    a normal person.

Warrior - Stalker - Dps Ranged (uses haste/mastery plate)
    Mastery: - Your basic attack's have a % chance for your next ability to cost no rage.

Description: The stalker is often found just behind the melee using ranged attacks to weaken and destroy the enemy, the stalker is highly skilled in using all their skills when it comes to combat, the stalker is a mid range fighter using 1h pistols or 2h ranged weapons to apply bleeds and damage the enemy.

As always guys constructive feedback is more then welcome and I hope you like my list.
    Last edited by JudgePayne; 2013-05-16 at 10:52 AM.

Deleted
    pretty decent list overall, one minor gripe, not just towards you but in general.
    I know it's a fantasy game and all, but every ranged-warrior suggestion makes me die a little inside. Good luck properly drawing a bow in full plate, and if you manage, good luck doing so a gazillion times in a row. The archer in me just can't bear it. ;( I guess x-bow / gun could work somewhat, but it's still iffy in my book. Otherwise cool list The names could use some work but the ideas are solid imo.

Problem is PvP would be a nightmare they can barely balance what they have now.

Pvp is always an issue and I am not a Pvper so I cannot offer aid in this area, but for Pve I think the addiiton of two new healers and two new tanks and the introduction of new class/role combinations would be great.

Names wise yeah I have been trying to change some of them but I swear it is harder then you might think.(lol)

Deleted
    Think its easier to balance one new class, then 11 new specs.. which is basically 3 new classes

Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    Pvp is always an issue and I am not a Pvper so I cannot offer aid in this area, but for Pve I think the addiiton of two new healers and two new tanks and the introduction of new class/role combinations would be great.

Names wise yeah I have been trying to change some of them but I swear it is harder then you might think.(lol)
    RIFT did this and I'm guessing that a lot of posts point to that now. Not saying you took from it, doubtful. Anyways I have my own qualms and upsets about just adding new specs without a whole new class in the works. Mainly that you are still what you are; that class. You may be a ranged warrior, but you're a warrior. You can throw holy spells as a paladin in a new tree, but you are a paladin in the end. Kind of takes away from the new additions when you are still that class and that basis when a whole new feature packed class includes three new options for you to try out (If you enjoy that type anyways).

My thoughts, but love the presentation and ideas none-the-less.

Quote Originally Posted by ando1510 View Post
    Think its easier to balance one new class, then 11 new specs.. which is basically 3 new classes
    Agree but personally I would like to be able to use the class I have played now for a while and be able if you choose perhaps a new path that before was not viable.

Priests don't melee, they're casters and healers. I can deal with people saying some holy/discipline dps like shadow dps but I can't take priest melee dps. That's just not what the class is about.

Same with hunters. I can deal with people saying melee hunters, rangers, or dark rangers, but hunters don't heal. I can see maybe some pet having a heal ability or 2, but not as a spec for hunters. They don't cast magic spells like mages or priests, it's not a real healer I think you could make a whole spec on. Maybe an ability with like what you said but not a whole spec.

Healer mages.... I'm not going to go there. It's just...
    Same as mages with warlock tanks. I can see their demons able to taunt, take hits, and such, that's what the voidwalker is, but I don't think a share the damage type spec with a warlock tank really works. If it's a demon tank form type thing, I'd argue more against it cause demo locks would be less unique, sharing the same sort of ability and all. If a warlock tanks, it's combining their pets, spells, and such to tank for a short while, but not permanently.

Isn't a ranged warrior basically a hunter? ... Warriors are about melee, ranged doesn't fit them. I could see a shield dps based spec (GC has talked about shields and wanting to do more with them), but not ranged.

Shaman tank I see as possible. GC has mentioned that too, so there's the possibility while, not soon, we might see one some other time.

I love rogues, but I hate the idea of rogues with pistols? Where's the stealth in that? No silence with pistols. Besides, I'd want GC to work on fixing our current problem of similar specs first. At least he's mentioned the idea of merging sub with the other specs and the doing the same with SV, maybe then we might get some sniper type spec as an extra and/or ranger (petless hunter) type spec for hunters. Unless BM becomes the only spec with pets, MM becomes petless, then we could give them a dark ranger type spec (also petless). That'd be cool I think. Ya, I really want blizz to focus on the current specs and fix those probs.

Monk and paladin seem ok, I remember the shockadins so that would be interesting, unless blizz implemented a holy/discipline type spec, then I'd say no, unless done really well. Or just using the excuse of fire mages and destro locks, maybe they'd do something similar. A ranged monk seems right, I mean we are missing one celestial so I wouldn't see much problems, just I would have to wonder how they would do it as they'd have to start from scratch.

I'm not going to think about necromancer DKs.

4th specs, could work but would have to be done carefully. I'd really like to see blizz focus on the current specs and the probs with specs like sub and sv before adding in 4th specs. 4th specs could cause a lot of balance probs between the other 3 specs and other classes.
    I'd rather see a new class, new stuff is always more interesting than updating old stuff - like with Cata.

My biggest gripe with this seems to be creating an entire new kind of weapon (one-handed pistols) and giving them to a single spec of a single class. I already have a problem with Rogues being the only class that cares for agi daggers, and Hunters being the only class that cares for ranged weapons. I feel a single weapon type should be available to a wide range of classes and specs, and not be a niche only a select few use.

EDIT: I'm not opposed to the creation of one-handed pistols. I like the concept. I just feel it should be paired with more classes and specs being able to use them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see 4th specs as a very high possibility.

However, I disagree with some of the suggestions here.

Here are mine:

Death Knight: Runemaster: Increases the power of Runes, making the DKs Frost, Unholy, and Blood abilities more powerful.

Hunters: Dark Ranger: Similar to WC3 hero. A Hunter who has succumbed to the darkness, utilizing the ability to raise the dead and manipulate the minds of others.

Priests: Archon: Utilizes Psionic abilities and a combination of holy and shadow magic to perform powerful ranged magical abilities.

Rogue: Warden: Similar to the WC3 hero. A shadowy fighter who combines poison with magic to destroy their enemies.

Warrior: Blademaster: Similar to the WC3 hero. A master swordsman who uses Stealth, illusion, and surprise attacks to quickly vanquish foes.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-05-16 at 11:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    Problem is PvP would be a nightmare they can barely balance what they have now.
    WoW is now existing since 8 Years and at no place, there was a real balance. 4th Talent Specs wouldn't hurt it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well it would be fun with extra specs for all classes, but its gonna be a balancing hell.

The suggestions are quite good, but I have some issues.

The ranged warrior wouldnt use bow/x-bow. He would throw axes/spears. Either Dual wield 2x 1h axes for fast throwing or 1x axe/spear for throwing a big one, but slower.

The ranged rogue would be a dagger thrower. Thats much more stealth like. Ranged poison clouds and similar will also fit in.

The healing hunter isnt really something I think fits the lore. It be better with either a Dark ranger(petless, ranged magic/physical dmg dealer approach or a beastrider(tank/dps, physical melee) approach.

For the priest I would actually like them to skip attonment healing in disc for making a full out holy/disc DPS spec to rival the shadow one.

The rest is nice

Quote Originally Posted by Poochy View Post
    Priests don't melee, they're casters and healers. I can deal with people saying some holy/discipline dps like shadow dps but I can't take priest melee dps. That's just not what the class is about.

Same with hunters. I can deal with people saying melee hunters, rangers, or dark rangers, but hunters don't heal. I can see maybe some pet having a heal ability or 2, but not as a spec for hunters. They don't cast magic spells like mages or priests, it's not a real healer I think you could make a whole spec on. Maybe an ability with like what you said but not a whole spec.

Healer mages.... I'm not going to go there. It's just...
    Same as mages with warlock tanks. I can see their demons able to taunt, take hits, and such, that's what the voidwalker is, but I don't think a share the damage type spec with a warlock tank really works. If it's a demon tank form type thing, I'd argue more against it cause demo locks would be less unique, sharing the same sort of ability and all. If a warlock tanks, it's combining their pets, spells, and such to tank for a short while, but not permanently.

Isn't a ranged warrior basically a hunter? ... Warriors are about melee, ranged doesn't fit them. I could see a shield dps based spec (GC has talked about shields and wanting to do more with them), but not ranged.

Shaman tank I see as possible. GC has mentioned that too, so there's the possibility while, not soon, we might see one some other time.

I love rogues, but I hate the idea of rogues with pistols? Where's the stealth in that? No silence with pistols. Besides, I'd want GC to work on fixing our current problem of similar specs first. At least he's mentioned the idea of merging sub with the other specs and the doing the same with SV, maybe then we might get some sniper type spec as an extra and/or ranger (petless hunter) type spec for hunters. Unless BM becomes the only spec with pets, MM becomes petless, then we could give them a dark ranger type spec (also petless). That'd be cool I think. Ya, I really want blizz to focus on the current specs and fix those probs.

Monk and paladin seem ok, I remember the shockadins so that would be interesting, unless blizz implemented a holy/discipline type spec, then I'd say no, unless done really well. Or just using the excuse of fire mages and destro locks, maybe they'd do something similar. A ranged monk seems right, I mean we are missing one celestial so I wouldn't see much problems, just I would have to wonder how they would do it as they'd have to start from scratch.

I'm not going to think about necromancer DKs.

4th specs, could work but would have to be done carefully. I'd really like to see blizz focus on the current specs and the probs with specs like sub and sv before adding in 4th specs. 4th specs could cause a lot of balance probs between the other 3 specs and other classes.
    I'd rather see a new class, new stuff is always more interesting than updating old stuff - like with Cata.
    The idea was to be open minded to change, but lets go through the issues you have risen.

Priest's dont melee! I am trying to create a viable 4th spec that is unlike the previous 3 other specs. Priests have 2 healing spec's and an impressive ranged dps spec, so the idea of a melee using the weapon he/she is holding already and hitting something in the head like a melee attack is not that far-fetched.

Hunters cannot heal. This one I found strange, hunters can revive a dead pet and mend said pet from across the room. They have abilities like arcane shot that combine their dmg with magic, also the idea of something like a survival hunter in the wild is someone who would have to be able to heal themselves in case of emergency.

Mage healer, Mages already have the ability to warp time. As I mentioned their "healing" would not be the standard variant of heal it was explained as a time manipulation mechanic.

Warlocks I taught was one of the easier specs to understand as already in the game there are warlock who share their bodies with demons and use their power from within to empower their attacks and defence.

The ranged warrior vs the hunter debate is understandable but lets go over this
    -One has a pet and can rely on it where the other does not
    -A hunter will range from far back and have traps where the warrior is closer and relys on slower
    stronger attacks
    -the hunter uses focus allowing them to use big abilities from the start where as the stalker has to control their rage to maintain accuracy.

Overall I think the idea may need some work but it is not impossible to imagine.

Necromancer Dk's are the most viable of all in my opinion as they already summon and have dots they can cast, they use death grip which is black magic.

Shaman, monk and paladin I am glad you like the idea.

Rogue, my idea for the rogue was a fast moving high burs range with recharge time between burst.
    The stealth mechanic allows the rogue to position themselves for maximum dmg and also provides a good escape mechanic for the
    ranged trying to escape an enemy closing the gap.

My idea was a mix of ( Vayne from League of legends mixed with demon hunter from diablo and a bit of trinity from the matrix)

Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    The ranged rogue would be a dagger thrower. Thats much more stealth like. Ranged poison clouds and similar will also fit in.
    I always figured a ranged rogue to be a sniper. I never felt throwing daggers, as a concept, had enough 'oomph' to base an entire spec around. Maybe give the Shuriken Toss talent as a Subtlety ability?

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneOstrich View Post
    I know it's a fantasy game and all, but every ranged-warrior suggestion makes me die a little inside.
    Why can't they keep a two-handed weapon and throw it with attacks, also could use weapon chain to drag it back to them (if needed).

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Why can't they keep a two-handed weapon and throw it with attacks, also could use weapon chain to drag it back to them (if needed).
    Yeah I could see that also, I just want to create a warrior spec that is not melee.

Dont know about others, but me personally would roll a healer if i wanted to play a healer. And not having my mage with a 4th spec for it.
    Additionally this would mean that people would aks me to switch to my healspec for (an instance, a Boss, a entire raid evening, whatever).

I play a pure DPS because i like it and i dont have to deal with people wanting me to play something else than i.

In your secnario only warlock and rogue would provide this feature.

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 12:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    Yeah I could see that also, I just want to create a warrior spec that is not melee.
    Warriors are the archetype of a melee... everything else is ... not sure what, but NOT warrior.

Pure dps classes are fine and if you like that style then I we will agree to disagree. I think that classes should be able to do 2 roles maybe even three in some cases but at least 2. Now you mention people forcing you to go a certain spec, this is an individual thing i.e. it is up to you whether you would like to go to the other role.

As a mage you could still do a pure dps build but then other mages might like the ability to become another role if their team needs it

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldnt mind just buffing the existing classes

15+ Year Old Account
    Not a bad little list! Some are very interesting concepts!

I'd go:

DK - healing spec

Druid - guardian (already there)

Hunter - Ranger - petless spec

Mage - actually quite like your time idea - either that or a proper hybrid spec

Monk - ranged dps

Paladin - shockadin (ranged dps)

Priest - the melee idea sounds weird, but I guess stems back to one of the 'will' spells in vanilla giving priests AP so could be viable, melee cloth would certainly be interesting! But I'd be more tempted to roll with a full on holy dps spec

Rogue - really not sure, the pistol thing doesn't seem very stealthy, other ideas would now seem rather similar to monk specs etc. a 4th dps spec would probably struggle to be vastly different from existing specs (which they already want to differenciate more) I'd go either ranged dps (think petless hunter - would clash with above idea for hunter?) or a tank spec... as Rogues have prooven reasonable tanks in the past with all their cooldowns etc - imagine a really agile tank avoiding all the hits while steping through the shadows...

Shaman - tank spec, everyone has been screaming for it for ages :3 (and in the process make 2h WF spec viable!)

Warlock - Tank spec, they got very close to getting it anyway, might as well give it to them

Warrior - like rogues a bit tricky, not sure where else you could go with this one =/ I'd be tempted to get more of the int plate used up and suggset an int wearing shout based spec? either that or another tank spec that is somehow different from prot (warriors are 'the' tank class much like how priests are 'the' healing class - and they get 2 healing specs...)

I'd also make the new 4th spec feature something you unlock later on, so you get normal specs at 10, learn the class while leveling, and then you can unlock the 4th spec at like 80 or 85 or something (so you still get some leveling time with it)
    Last edited by Kuniku; 2013-05-16 at 01:06 PM.