Deleted

Is Retribution a fun spec?

Going to roll a Pala, but I just want to have some opinions on Ret. Is it fun for you or do most Palas go into tanking or healing?

Thanks!

not sure about max lvl, but its boring to lvl as ret.
    " In a Society like this table, a state of equilibrium, once one makes the first move, everyone must follow! In every era, this World has been operating by this napkin principle. And the one who ‘takes the napkin first’ must be someone who is respected by all. It’s not that anyone can fulfill this role… Those that are despotic or unworthy will be scorned. And those are the ‘losers"

I leveled mine during cata, and found it to be a pleasant experience at least. I don't know what you are used to, but the spec itself is not a button masher, and is highly dependable on procs to deal good damage. It's one of the easier specs out there to play, but it's enjoyable.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    I remember when a friend of mine played a Paladin a few years ago, that he could pull 5+ mobs and still come out alive on the other side. The fight took long, but he killed them all in the end. Is that still the case with Retribution?

Ret has too much RNG for my tastes (one of my two 'mains' is ret, for what it's worth). Someone else had a sig that summarized it well, something like:

"30% of the time, you have an 80% chance to hit 50% harder." Convoluted for the sake of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    I remember when a friend of mine played a Paladin a few years ago, that he could pull 5+ mobs and still come out alive on the other side. The fight took long, but he killed them all in the end. Is that still the case with Retribution?
    Im an average ret at best, and i can easily pull 5-10 level 90 normal mobs and kill them within 20-30 secs. Just gotta watch your health

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Retri was hilariously awesome (while also being hilariously bad) in Vanilla and TBC, then came Wotlk which changed a lot of aspects - personally I disliked Retri in Wrath, but then came Cataclysm which made it a lot better, however MoP made it slightly worse again.

Conclussion - it's okay, but when compared to *any* other melee dps spec - then no, it's boring and inefficient until you get the gear to match.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    I leveled mine during cata, and found it to be a pleasant experience at least. I don't know what you are used to, but the spec itself is not a button masher, and is highly dependable on procs to deal good damage. It's one of the easier specs out there to play, but it's enjoyable.
    I'd rate any other melee aside from uh dk easier than ret to play properly, but then again all melee classes are quite easy to play.

To op, I enjoy ret, but it's frustrating at times. Sick burst, but quite subpar dps outside of cooldowns. You have to manage them properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Retri was hilariously awesome (while also being hilariously bad) in Vanilla and TBC, then came Wotlk which changed a lot of aspects - personally I disliked Retri in Wrath, but then came Cataclysm which made it a lot better, however MoP made it slightly worse again.

Conclussion - it's okay, but when compared to *any* other melee dps spec - then no, it's boring and inefficient until you get the gear to match.
    How did MoP make it any worse, maybe our damage isn't as competetive as you want it to be but as for gameplay it's better than ever.

@ OP, fun is subjective, try it and if you don't like it try a different spec.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

They can hit pretty hard at max level with some LFR gear, but I find their rotation / playstyle pretty boring and repetitive. Holy power was a great addition to the spec but something about the playstyle makes me fall asleep.

I've always played Holy on my Paladin
    Last edited by Exerionx; 2013-05-16 at 12:12 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    How did MoP make it any worse, maybe our damage isn't as competetive as you want it to be but as for gameplay it's better than ever.

@ OP, fun is subjective, try it and if you don't like it try a different spec.
    It's a good question honestly, and I can't really give you an answer since it's just "how it feels maaaan" heh, it doesn't feel as... Eh I dunno, solid as it did in Cataclysm.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

If ur not lucky u die...
    When ur finaly able to do a high dmg attack u might need to use the holy power to keep up the susta buff or heal...
    No damage no cry...
    And u basicly suck for every 2mins....
    No viable defense... Bubble shattered by 9999 classes... so gl hf and welcome to hell...
    Make a warr

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

10+ Year Old Account
    "Fun" is a relative thing, and it all depends on the person playing. We really can't help you decide what is 'fun' to you.

Closing.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!