Poll: Would you go forward or back in time?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Arrow You have a time machine with one use...

It only has one use, you can go as far back or as far forward as you want. For the sake of discussion, I'm going to say that you HAVE to use this machine and you must go at least 50 years forward or 50 years back.

Do you go forward or backward in time?

Do you want to live in a simpler and more traditional time?

Do you want to see what advances we've made and how much society has globally integrated?

If I had to choose, I'd say forward because I'd love to see how far we've come, and the thought of the unknown excites me. Part of me also yearns for a simpler and more traditional time, but the urge to go forward overpowers that.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    I would go back in time and choose different major so I could have a better job now :P
    Shame I didnt know all that back when I was choosing uni...
    Hope I can choose something less than 50 years

I wouldnt change anything else, love my live other than that Got a wonderful fiancee (husband soon) and loving family.

Im sure I wouldnt want to go to future as I really like how its a mystery
    Last edited by mmocf60bbd89ed; 2013-05-16 at 11:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well go too far back life sucked as a woman so I would go forward about 100 years and hope for the best. I'm thinking either we have figured out how to get along and that we need the environment to live or the fallout has halved the population and Arizona has beach front property.

Definitely forward

I'd go back in time to right after the renaissance and use my knowledge of science to try and push humanity into the industrial era quicker.
    “The north still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores?” - Eric Thibeau

Deleted
    Forward, maybe 150 years or so.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tough one, if I could go as me, then going back would probably annoy me because of all the conveniences I've become accustomed to. So going forward would make more sense... but I'd not want to go that far forward leaving all my friends and loved once behind, so I'd probably sell it to some rich dude who's close to dying who can pay to go forward to a time when his ailment can be cured...

If I could go live my life in another time it would probably have to be in Feudal Japan sometime before the Meijii restoration, go somewhere I can live a simple life and just train my Jujutsu (as a Samurai ofc) but clearly that wouldn't work if I went back as me, so I'd have to go back and relive my life as a Japanese native...

Go back to the day google went to the stock market and buy a shitload of stocks.
    I would be filthy rich now

The Chinese housing bubble is going to burst soon which will fuck up the world economy worse than 2008. The future is grim and hopeless.

I would go back to 1890s, set up a business, grow it into an empire and try to prevent World War One and the rise of Communism.

Well i'm a white male so i could go back a hundred years or so and be fine, rather go forward though as see if we saved our own asses from ourselves yet lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Id go back as far as possible, before the universe even existed.
    Stormrage 4 lyfe

Deleted
    going forwards in time wouldn't give you a clear indication of how the future was unless you time traveled in secret and no one knew about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    50 years back would be financially profitable...

but... I'm a woman. I can see it being a terrible struggle... though what would that be the 60's...? Hmmm debatable.

The inner curiosity in me wants to go forward. But... hmmm Both present problems. Hard to say. There's no guarantee that going back in time everything would play out exactly the same once more. And there's no guarantee that going forward might be a huuuge mistake.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd go forward about 200 years. I can't even begin to explain my desire to go into space, and I figure in 200 years, we'll have space travel for the masses, and I'd be able to go to a different planet/solar system. Makes me sad knowing I'll never be able to do it.

Or I might just go back to 1969 and enjoy all the drugs/sex when they were at their peak. Not sure which, both are rather enticing...

First back to 1925 and buy as many Philip Morris stocks I can afford. 1000$ then would be 250 million $ now. Then forward and cash in my 3 billion dollars. With that money I would buy some new houses in major citys, gold and stocks of google and then forward again to check how the future looks in 200 years. If it sucks, back to my rich today
    Last edited by Kryos; 2013-05-16 at 11:23 AM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly 9 years and 364 days back in time. That's the day my brother died in a car accident and I would do everything I could to prevent it from happening.
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

Definitely not back. The immediate past would hold the possibly of being imprisoned, chemically castrated or killed because of my sexual orientation. Any further back and the basic living conditions would be terrible.

100 years into the future would keep me busy for a while learning stuff and playing with the cool new technology.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by superbotje View Post
    Go back to the day google went to the stock market and buy a shitload of stocks.
    I would be filthy rich now
    Dude, you could BE google if u went back 50 years.

I'd prob just invent everything that wasn't invented 50 years ago. The computer, Internet, TV, Cellphone and become the owner of Microsoft, Apple, Facebook, Youtube, Altavista, Google, and all the oil companies...
    Last edited by mmoc9f32e06d54; 2013-05-16 at 11:34 AM.

Deleted
    Easy,
    Forward 10,000 years I want to see if we finaly wipe ourselves out. Or progress to be an interplanetary species.

Deleted
    I'd rather not go back or forward but since I have to choose, forward it is. No way in hell I'd go back.