Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Kicked from my Guild.

So, Iv'e been in this guild for 3 years or so, iv'e always gotten along well with everyone. Except the GM. He's very much an elitist and there are 3 other guilds on the server that he won't share an account with(if you have a toon in the guild hell kick you if you have a toon in guilds x,y, and z). And recently a couple friends of mine have moved to one of those guilds and I talked to my Gm about it and he gave some speech about how those people stole from the guild blah blah blah. Anyway 2 nights ago me and him got into a large arguement about stuff and last night i was talking to one of my fellow officers and she told him what i said, i called him a pretentious ass(he is). He then proceeded to kick my main then demote my alts. At that point i was just so mad at him i went on each of my toons and whispered him telling him to kick them. On my last alt we had a 10 minute conversation about what i said, but since the rape train has no brakes, i told him i meant it 100% and now I'm guildless.

I wanted to stand up to him for awhile but never had the balls to. I loved my guild, but i know i can go somewhere else if nessecary.

I'm not sure if I should try and get back in, go where my friends went, or just take a break from WoW for a little.

Thanks for reading. Please post advice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go to that guild where you friends went to?
    You might like that one much more =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Do what you want to do, we can't really make a decision for you. Personally, I'd go with my friends and/or find a guild that suits you (e.g. Raiding or PvP).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue The Shaman View Post
    So, Iv'e been in this guild for 3 years or so, iv'e always gotten along well with everyone. Except the GM. He's very much an elitist and there are 3 other guilds on the server that he won't share an account with(if you have a toon in the guild hell kick you if you have a toon in guilds x,y, and z). And recently a couple friends of mine have moved to one of those guilds and I talked to my Gm about it and he gave some speech about how those people stole from the guild blah blah blah. Anyway 2 nights ago me and him got into a large arguement about stuff and last night i was talking to one of my fellow officers and she told him what i said, i called him a pretentious ass(he is). He then proceeded to kick my main then demote my alts. At that point i was just so mad at him i went on each of my toons and whispered him telling him to kick them. On my last alt we had a 10 minute conversation about what i said, but since the rape train has no brakes, i told him i meant it 100% and now I'm guildless.

I wanted to stand up to him for awhile but never had the balls to. I loved my guild, but i know i can go somewhere else if nessecary.

I'm not sure if I should try and get back in, go where my friends went, or just take a break from WoW for a little.

Thanks for reading. Please post advice.
    Either take a break from WoW or follow your friends.

If he kicks you out about retarded things like this, ain't worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you bitch about him behind his back? Then cry when you get kicked? I don't see the point in this thread. You had an argument to his face and he didn't kick you then. Only after you said something behind his back he kicked you. Seems fair.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-05-16 at 11:57 AM.
    Aye mate

Move on, its a game and you should have fun.

There are plenty of douchecanoes that think a position of authority in a guild on a video game means something somehow... Ill save you the suspense: it doesnt.
    Put the dude out of your mind, know that if he has to be a asshat in a game just think what his real life must be like, smile and forget he ever existed.

Deleted
    If I were in your shoes, I'd probably put him on ignore and join my friends' guild. Additionally, you could try getting more people from the guild to join the new one, but if the GM is really such an ass, they would probably leave themself anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    sell all your gear and start new life as goat hoader

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    sell all your gear and start new life as goat hoader
    Think I'll do this.

Deleted
    the moral of this story is, dont trust anyone.
    you obviously spoke to your fellow officer, trying to get your frustrations out about the gm & got stabbed in the back by someone who is obviously a kiss arse.
    as other ppl have said mate, go & join your friends guild. it's a game, go & have some fun.

Stop acting dramatic and do whatever you want to do.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Not surprised he kicked you, you had a discussion with him regarding guild rules (right or wrong they are the rules of the guild you choose to be in) and didn't like the outcome, from the sounds of it it got quite heated and you then go on to bitch about it to another officer.

I have been in the exact same position where people have bitched to my officers (when I was a GM) after not getting their own way regarding a guild policy that they didn't think should apply to them. They got booted, and they had been in the guild a long time. "Length of service" within a guild is not a shield for you to be an asshat over guild policies that you know about. If you don't like them, then sure discuss them with an officer or GM, but remember that they are (or should be) looking at a much larger picture than just your view, and as such when a decision is made then you either accept it, or you look for another guild.

Being an ass by bitching to another officer after a decision has been made will almost always end up being known about by the GM, then coming onto a public forum looking for sympathy or validation on your view that you should be able to break guild policy just makes you seem a little bitter over the whole situation.

Now its up to you if you want to continue the game, and I see no reason why you shouldn't join your friend in the guild they joined. Just remember when the Guild Leadership makes a policy regarding something, that they are the ones in charge and you are just a member. if you don't like it you are free to make your own guild, with your own rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go where your friends went. Good for you standing up against cockends like him! =)

10+ Year Old Account
    the rape train has no brakes
    Pure gold

I suggest moving on to another guild and leave it at that. If you still have friends in the old guild get their RealID/battletag in your friendslist so you can keep in touch with them

Deleted
    Move on to another guild, one that suits your needs and has rules you agree with.
    Don't bother coming back to your original guild, or its Vent/Skype/Mumble channel.
    Try to get your friend's battletag/realID, though.

Deleted
    Still , you got a chance to discuss the reason why. In my 10man guild, we stopped raiding because of 1 missing person and we couldn't find another, then everyone started planning a transfer. Then a couple of weeks later I see most of my team transfered (and already started raiding) without even saying a word to me. I guess that's what you get for healing people.

I was so sick of how antisocial people can be after spending half a year raiding together that I stopped my sub. I am sick of first world pricks who believe they are better than everyone else.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Put him on ignore and move on ?
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

At that point i was just so mad at him i went on each of my toons and whispered him telling him to kick them. On my last alt we had a 10 minute conversation about what i said, but since the rape train has no brakes, i told him i meant it 100% and now I'm guildless.

I wanted to stand up to him for awhile but never had the balls to.
    And then you finally found some.

I'm not sure if I should try and get back in.
    And now you want to beg your way back in, like a dog.

Seriously think a little bit before you actually do stuff... if the decision wasn't automatic for you already (in other words, go to your friend's guild or find a new one) maybe you do need a break from the game.

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 12:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Just remember when the Guild Leadership makes a policy regarding something, that they are the ones in charge and you are just a member. if you don't like it you are free to make your own guild, with your own rules.
    Pretty much this... you're free to go off on your GM and call him whatever you want, but don't be surprised if you're no longer welcome in that guild. And even if you re-joined, well, it wouldn't be the same... to the point where you probably won't ever want to go back again.

At that point i was just so mad at him i went on each of my toons and whispered him telling him to kick them. On my last alt we had a 10 minute conversation about what i said, but since the rape train has no brakes, i told him i meant it 100% and now I'm guildless.
    Going to go out on a limb here and say that because you used the bolded phrase, chances are you deserved the kick. That's a pretty awful way to describe... whatever it is you're describing.

The other fun thing is we simply don't have the other side of the story. Sure, you can tell us he's an asshole elitist, but you are emotionally invested and opposed to him. We can't trust your word.

The only thing we can trust is the way you portray yourself, and since you used the above bolded phrase as well as outright told us you insulted the GM and acted like a child at many points, then yeah: you probably deserved the kick. Grow up and be a decent person.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    The only thing we can trust is the way you portray yourself, and since you used the above bolded phrase as well as outright told us you insulted the GM and acted like a child at many points, then yeah: you probably deserved the kick. Grow up and be a decent person.
    It's not a question of "deserve the kick" or not. If that's the way (rape train has no brakes) you feel about your GM, why the fuck would you stay in that guild even if you had a choice?