Page 1 of 9
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    I've been banned from the official forums because of complaining about LFR

    I've been banned for 3 days and had all of my posts deleted because I complained about LFR.

    72 hour suspension from the World of Warcraft forums for trolling.


    Thread Title: If LFR is solely for end game content

    Why the welfare epics?
    LFR is not meant to gear people up for end game raiding but to give people a chance to see end game content.
    Remove the welfare epics.


    I am not mad or complaining about the ban. I'd just like to know if there is a certain/right place we should use to complain about features we don't like without it being judged as "trolling". I didn't have the chance to play cata and recently came back so I didn't like this feature at all.

  2. #2
    If you don't like the feature, don't use it.

  3. #3
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    31,272
    Depends on how constructive your feedback is. If you post just to say "LFR sucks and I don't like it", I can see why they'd clean that up. If you post "here are some issues I see about LFR, and here is what I'd do to fix it:" you'd be fine.

    You said you want to know where you can complain about features you don't like - well, honestly, that's not constructive. There is little point to someone just posting to tell a company how little they like something. It offers nothing of value.

  4. #4
    Protip: The term "welfare epic" is implicitly a troll term

  5. #5
    why do u care how other's get their epics?

    My MaL http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Draknalor For The Glory Of Ecchi

  6. #6
    Well start with not using the term *welfare epics* also making a topic that already has been made a million times is a fast way to get a temp. ban.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Protip: The term "welfare epic" is implicitly a troll term
    Fully agree.

    OP's thread was a waste of everybody's time and I'm glad to see people like that being banned to stop the forums being filled up with absolute garbage tears

  8. #8
    Legendary! Asmekiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Maybe over there
    Posts
    6,107
    -Welfare epic.
    -Creating the Xth thread about something even though it's in the rules and has been stated thousands of times that you should post in the already existing thread.
    -Creating a non-constructive thread is even worse.

    Having said that: Gear is content and raids drop epics, that's how it's always been in this game.

  9. #9
    I have a sneaking suspicion your thread was deleted and you made a new one.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

  10. #10
    If this was your only post, then the ban was uncalled for.

    But since you say all your 'POSTS' were removed, I assume you were banned for your overall body of work.

    You know the rules. No sympathy here.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by waldona View Post
    If this was your only post, then the ban was uncalled for.

    But since you say all your 'POSTS' were removed, I assume you were banned for your overall body of work.

    You know the rules. No sympathy here.
    all of my posts were deleted including the posts of my other toons

  12. #12
    Warchief Henkdejager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hiding in your computer.
    Posts
    2,102
    Another term of HOW we are ABLE to get gear, it is on no way nescesary or it need. You are able to do so without a guild . Why complain ? Caus you can't be awesome with a raid dropp ? haha you people make me laugh. You still get mounts , achievments , heroic tagg what else do you want? a fucking title saying how super awesome you are?
    Stuff

  13. #13
    Dreadlord Baine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Thunder Bluff
    Posts
    770
    Quote Originally Posted by Birkhoff View Post
    I've been banned for 3 days and had all of my posts deleted because I complained about LFR.

    72 hour suspension from the World of Warcraft forums for trolling.


    Thread Title: If LFR is solely for end game content

    Why the welfare epics?
    LFR is not meant to gear people up for end game raiding but to give people a chance to see end game content.
    Remove the welfare epics.
    Why not epics? People still have to do an effort in LFR, more than in dungeons. So why dungeons give gear then. Scrap dungeon gear!

  14. #14
    when people like u, the OP creates the 857458745th post about LFR, u think the forum mods r REALLY tired of peoples shit
    I bet mods here on MMO-champion are also REALLY tired of LFR threads
    I put the laughter in manslaughter
    Blood DK problems: to many ppl at daily place, cant pull 8packs *cries*
    BF3>CoD Cola>Pepsi PC>Mac Xbox>PS3

  15. #15
    Warchief marthsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Iglooland, eh?
    Posts
    2,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Drungan View Post
    Well start with not using the term *welfare epics* also making a topic that already has been made a million times is a fast way to get a temp. ban.
    Yeah, instead call them "Government Aid Beneficiary Epics".
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

  16. #16
    I love LFR, get some gear and get to experience end game content without having to rely on a good comp to get everyone through, wiping 7 times and having everyone rage quit. Seems like a huge waste of time to me. I have done more raiding since LFR came out than i ever have before. The stuff you get from LFR isnt that great either, Its just a stepping stone to get you geared enough for 10 or 25 man normal modes.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    Why not epics? People still have to do an effort in LFR, more than in dungeons. So why dungeons give gear then. Scrap dungeon gear!
    Not to mention waiting 40 minutes for a queue, only to get the last boss you've killed and the first two you didn't. Then wait another 40 minutes, only to get the last bo.. yeah. Even on my healer, 8 minute queue? instant queue? Bosses I've done already. Literally am done with LFR on my alts for this week 'cause of that.

    not to mention, your thread title states that LFR is actually factually only meant for 'seeing' content, not receiving gear.

    what does it matter if other people have purples, same as you? I mean, WHO CARES? Welfare epics have been around since forever. Boo hoo.

  18. #18
    I love when people say "welfare epics" or "casuals are bad". It's like they have nothing going on in their lives more important than their pixels and somehow feel dominant because of it. There's a term for people like that: delusional.

  19. #19
    Not a big deal tbh. I am just surprised because I come from League of Legends and we really have freedom of speech there plus the community is very vocal. You don't get banned unless you really cross the line. Anyway I guess I'll stick with mmo champion

  20. #20
    Warchief marthsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Iglooland, eh?
    Posts
    2,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Birkhoff View Post
    Not a big deal tbh. I am just surprised because I come from League of Legends and we really have freedom of speech there plus the community is very vocal. You don't get banned unless you really cross the line. Anyway I guess I'll stick with mmo champion
    Sometimes too vocal. Too much of a good thing...
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •