Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    I first posted up this thread 5 years ago... then i paid xfer off a dead realm.

In 5 years Blizzard have done ZERO to address this issue, so my money is on they wont do jack for the next 5 years. Therefore your ONLY option is to pay up or stay on your dead realm.
    Or just quit. As I said previously, the only reason I am still active is because of my guild. If something were to happen, I will speak with my wallet and wont play. Only reason to play again would be to test out new xpac, if they actually did something with this(lol no they wont) or they made Ret paladins OP beyond imagination

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 03:53 PM ----------

I also wonder how much many has quit due to this. Imagine all the guilds dying out on realms that is dead. Almost impossible to find a decent raidin guild. I know I wont find a good as guild I am in now on same realm, thats for sure.
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

I find it shortsighted that they do not allow people who do not want to be on low pop realms free transfers and allow them experience and enjoy the game as they wish in a high pop realm and keep paying subscription fees. Instead they allow low pop realms destroy gaming experience for certain players with the hope that they will pay Blizz transfer fees instead of unsubbing. In a subscription based, customer loyalty-dependent business, keeping customer happy is more important than trying to extract additional fees by providing the customer with bad service. Then customers leave and Blizz wonders why they left.

It is the same with airlines. I don't fly United if Southwest is available. Sucky customer service trying to pressure me to pay additional fees for services that should be in the bundle in the first place only drives me away.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freakbloodfeather View Post
    Hello.

Im really disapointed in the lack of commitment from Blizzard when it comes to low populations on servers.
    This is one of the key reasons why people stops playing the game. Its simply not worth paying for being on low populated server.
    There is no AH sale, no events, your simply left alone in orgrimmar/SW starring at the walls..

I know the X-realm zones have helped out alot. But the lack of AH trading and the nonexisting feeling of big a community on the server, makes you want to quit the game.

Im on a low populated server and my guild is considering the possibility of a servertransfeer. The thing is I have 11 highlevel characters.. and im not interrested in paying money for transfeering all of those characters to have all my professions on one server..

I just hope Blizzard wakes up and finds a solution to merge low populated servers into a new medium/high populated server...

Reguards Freak
    Trust me, I know. I had my old shaman restored to me, and the server she is on is completely dead. There's usually 5-6 people in Trade chat. For my other server, it's a low populated one. It has all my characters on there, and I wont be paying for all their transfers. The realm population isn't my fault, so I don't see the point in having to transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bavlet View Post
    There are perks too! BMAH stuff will be cheap cheap cheap!
    I moved a toon on my 2nd account to the lowest pop US realm so I could cross realm xfer my main (who is one the second highest US realm). Finished Glorious (needed 9 more) and Relic Hunter (had none) in a single day, now I rent out my toon so my buddies can farm. Best move I've made, love that low pop realm.

Quote Originally Posted by katji View Post
    Trust me, I know. I had my old shaman restored to me, and the server she is on is completely dead. There's usually 5-6 people in Trade chat. For my other server, it's a low populated one. It has all my characters on there, and I wont be paying for all their transfers. The realm population isn't my fault, so I don't see the point in having to transfer.
    Same here. One $25 fee, I would pay, but I can't just fork over hundreds of dollars for my alts, all of which are on the same dead realm.

They should have fixed this long time ago.

They think transfer fees > subscription fees from dead servers. I believe they are wrong. I unsubbed, people complain about it all the time, many more must have unsubbed because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    I first posted up this thread 5 years ago... then i paid xfer off a dead realm.

In 5 years Blizzard have done ZERO to address this issue, so my money is on they wont do jack for the next 5 years. Therefore your ONLY option is to pay up or stay on your dead realm.
    They have had free transfers from high to low pop servers. The reasons being to alleviate population problems on the high pop realms and get some population on the low pop ones. The problem is that no one really wants to do that or they transfer to low pop at the beginning of the expac and then go back to high pop after they have finished will all the rare achs/farming/no competition leveling they wanted.

Blizzard needs to either merge servers or allow free transfers from low pop to medium pop servers. I think the second option is better because it will allow people more choice in where they want to go(not forced into a merger with a random server, can find a server where the name they like is available) and also if someone really wants to be on a low pop server, they can stay. Allowing transfers to med pop servers also prevents more crowding in high pop servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    They have had free transfers from high to low pop servers. The reasons being to alleviate population problems on the high pop realms and get some population on the low pop ones. The problem is that no one really wants to do that or they transfer to low pop at the beginning of the expac and then go back to high pop after they have finished will all the rare achs/farming/no competition leveling they wanted.

Blizzard needs to either merge servers or allow free transfers from low pop to medium pop servers. I think the second option is better because it will allow people more choice in where they want to go(not forced into a merger with a random server, can find a server where the name they like is available) and also if someone really wants to be on a low pop server, they can stay. Allowing transfers to med pop servers also prevents more crowding in high pop servers.
    Yes, it allows player the choice. In addition, people may choose based on finding their toon name available on the new realm if free transfer is not restricted to one target realm.

I agree. I think, at least a temporary solution, would be to enable cross-realm raiding of current content, and merge groups of 4-7 low pop AHs together. Then u fix the AH problem, and the lack of raiders problems, which are really the two major problems with low pop realms atm. I know merging AHs on different realms have technical hurdles, but those need to be jumped asap. Merging low pop AHs has no real negative side affects, as it won't affect realms that already have functioning economies.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2013-05-17 at 02:21 AM.

The low population servers will double the moment that Garrosh's dark and pixelated heart stops beating. The war is ending.

10+ Year Old Account
    Call it bizarre but I think Low-Pop realms are much better off than the Always Full Ones (K'Thuzad and Mal'Ganis in the US are the two most known/popular). I don't care how famous your raiding guild in, it's not worth the lag or que to get into the game.

I've server x-ferred several times over the years, usually 3-8 chars per move (and yes it is expensive yet it's an investment I'm willing to make if I deem it necessary) and it's always Med-Low or Low-Pop transfers.

The common thread I'm seeing here is the lack of competition. I think you have it backwards: Why doesn't Blizzard offer incentive for folks on high-pop realms to transfer to low-pop realms? That would make everyone happy. For starters, offer free transfers from high-pop realms to the low-pop realm of the players' choice as well as a Guild equivalent. Guilds who agree to relocate to a low-pop realm get a little something as graditude--A tandom Guild Perk they don't have yet but are working towards unlocked or something (Can only be done once per guild).

For individual players, if they really wanted to make a big deal out of it they could make a quest chain about it to get folks excited:

After transferring to their new server and logging in, the player will find a letter in their mailbox summoning them to their race's starting area (Goblins will be sent to Valley of Trials, Worgen to Northshire Abbey and Pandaren to Northshire Abbey or Valley of Trials). Apparently an influx of Champions from parellel universes have been arriving in droves and they are doing a census of the new heroes of the Alliance/Horde. Unfortunately something went wrong during the jump between dimensions as your level has gone down to 40 (or 20 if you're under level 40 at the time you transferred).

After you've been registered you'll be directed to visit your race's leader to figure out what happened. It turns out a champion from the Alliance/Horde who came before you used a temporal disruptor to weaken you during your transfer. Scouts have tracked them to Blackrock Mountain or Winterspring (depending on your race regardless of Faction), where you must fight them for the device. You are also given a speical gift for you to use once you find them. The Alliance/Horde Champion is shocked to see you caught up to them so fast but since you're not as strong as you were he can take you himself. They will be level 90 Elite but will not attack first. Use the quest item you were given and you will then be on equal footing. Upon defeating them you will get the device they used on you. Use it and you will be restored to full strength and then prompted to return to your race's leader.

When you get back your race's leader/Varian/Warchief is impressed at your true power and welcomes you as a member of the Alliance/Horde. You will then gain 100,000 Rep in all the main Factions' rep as well as 4 factions from TBC, LK, Cata and Mists depending on your character's level. You will also gain the Feat of Strength Champion from Another World, the title "<Name>, Hero of Two Worlds" and a week long undispellable buff Champion from Another World. The buff grants the user increased health and rapid health/resource regen, increased damage and increased rep gain from kills while in lower-tiered dungeons and raids.

I went on a bit of a tangent there but anything's possible xD
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    I think you have it backwards: Why doesn't Blizzard offer incentive for folks on high-pop realms to transfer to low-pop realms? That would make everyone happy. For starters, offer free transfers from high-pop realms to the low-pop realm of the players' choice as well as a Guild equivalent. Guilds who agree to relocate to a low-pop realm get a little something as graditude--A tandom Guild Perk they don't have yet but are working towards unlocked or something (Can only be done once per guild).
    If high pop servers were offered free transfers to low pop servers, people would probably not leave their active server for a dead one. In the past there were server split threats to force people off high pop servers because people did not want to go to a low pop realm.

However, let's say, for argument's sake, that many people took the offer in the high pop servers, and flocked to low pop servers. There are few high pop servers and dozens and dozens of low pop or dead servers. There are not enough people in the few high pop servers to populate all the low pop servers. The result would be that you would have only low pop servers now.