Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    It does make we wonder. If, say, all servers were merged into one uber-server, would the same thing happen? Would it stay balanced, or would the same forces that cause a 1/0 ratio eventually eliminate all of one faction?
    I think an uber-server would be too big for such shifts (They start small, which becomes neglegible when it concerns all WoW players), and of course a lot of the "dying out" of one side on current servers is due to server transfers, which will not exist on an uber-server...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    On most servers yeah :/ most are either Alliance or Horde and that's it. Sucks because I remember back in Wrath where there were many servers where both were largely represented, they were the best servers because you developed rivalries with the opposing players and guilds and would take any opportunity to fight them in the open world. Good times.
    Yeah i also remember the realm forum activity, u quickly got to know the main enemy players... they were theones i always chased in Wintergrasp! lol

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not much you can really do
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post
    Free factions transfers within the unbalanced realms might help a bit.
    I'd love to see this happen.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my honest opinion, this is the result of Blizz not fixing racials 2 expansions ago.

Alliance and Horde have now completely polarized. With Horde being the PvE faction, and Alliance (IE human) being the PvP faction.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Alliance and Horde have now completely polarized. With Horde being the PvE faction, and Alliance (IE human) being the PvP faction.
    racials are very minimal
    Unless your very very top end, they wont make a bit of difference
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    racials are very minimal
    Unless your very very top end, they wont make a bit of difference
    That used to be the case, but as elitists have been seeking new ways to exclude people, and people are seeking better ways to get into raiding (due to MoP's design failures), it's become more common for people to pick based on racial instead of just "favorite race."

And if your guild leads are switching faction because of racials, chances are you'll follow suit.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    In my honest opinion, this is the result of Blizz not fixing racials 2 expansions ago.

Think its rather because they have let people go all berserk with transfers where they want. Blizzard has not done enough to counter this, probably because they are making a fortune by letting this happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Aside from instanced PvP, which is now CCvCC, there is no real PvP anymore. It used to be you would head for a world boss and hope the others would show up. Or back when AV could literally take DAYS. That kind of PvP has long since gone the way of the VCR, and CC is the new PvP. If you can hold your CC, manage your GCD, and CC some more, you win. That's not PvP. Until the CC is removed or under-tuned drastically, PvP is at an impasse.
    PvP has ALWAYS been about CC, at least since this video was made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vPlZW0Apis

Now I'm not one of those Vanilla purists, but that looks a lot more appealing to me that the CC and circle strafe fest that it's become since. PvP has never really resembled the Alliance vs. the Horde so much as it does the Sharks vs. the Jets the way people dance and jump all the over place like juvenile delinquent ballerinas.

If any changes are really to be made to PvP it should be to go back to how that video looks up there. That looks a lot more fun than getting instagibbed while somebody races around you at light speed and you're standing there twiddling your thumbs waiting for their stun to expire.