Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How do you reforge?

I have been trying to find a good reforging addon, but the ones i have tried like Reforgenator give me poorly optimized reforges. I have tried wowreforge.com, but it doesn't seem to work.

Any other good sites or addons for reforging?

i use ReforgeLite
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/reforgelite
    It's very simple and speaks for itself.

15+ Year Old Account
    I use reforgelite, seems to do the trick, but at the same time i'm not high end raiding, so don't care too much if my stats aren't 100% optimised - could be worth looking into

Wowreforge.com is hands down the best imo.

You have to set the weights and thresholds properly too.

Also, you have to manually update any gear that you upgrade with valor gear, which is a pain.

So, just to make sure you're using it properly, I'll explain how I set it (which may vary some from your set-up).

I set hit to "close to" 2550. I set exp to "close to" 2210 (I'm a troll). I set hit/exp weights to 4, crit to 2, haste to 1.8, and mast to 1.3. When I have items that have been upgraded with valor points (right now, it's just my 510 trinket), I click on them and adjust their secondary stats (so, for my trinket, I input the mastery at 1313 instead of 12xx).

Depending on your gear set-up, sometimes it won't be dead on with hit and exp, but it gets as close as it can without sacrificing too many other stats. Also, if you're swimming in excess hit or expertise, there is only but so much it can get rid of.
    Last edited by Dole4011; 2013-05-16 at 01:34 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've been using Reforgelite for years. Easy to use, and always given me optimal results. I don't understand why people would use websites and then manually reforge everything in-game, when an addon can do it all automatically.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    I've been using Reforgelite for years. Easy to use, and always given me optimal results. I don't understand why people would use websites and then manually reforge everything in-game, when an addon can do it all automatically.
    Because of the non-stop complaining from guild members when reforgelite gives, once again, weird results. The few times I've used it myself it either did his job, or it did a very poor job.

Wowreforge has never given me inaccurate results so far. Better to be safe than sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I just alt-tab to askmrrobot and use that to reforge.

Deleted
    reforgelite, but i click the calculate button like 4-5 times coz sometimes the first calculation is not optimal

Deleted
    I use wowreforge and copy the summary and paste it into the addon Reforgerade and click reforge. Easymode just set the statweights correctly, much like Dole4011 said earlier

askmrrobot is god awful.

It "optimizes" under hit cap 90% of the time

Deleted
    Simcrafting and then Reforgelite!

Reforgelite but you have to be vigilant in checking to make sure you have the correct stat weights in there, and that it's giving you the right reforges before doing it. It's just so much easier than going through piece by piece.

and where do you get the correct stat weights?

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Because of the non-stop complaining from guild members when reforgelite gives, once again, weird results. The few times I've used it myself it either did his job, or it did a very poor job.

Wowreforge has never given me inaccurate results so far. Better to be safe than sorry.
    Sounds to me like they've tried to use it with default settings, and then didn't like the results.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydarm View Post
    askmrrobot is god awful.

Askmrrobot, and pretty much all similar tools, does exactly what you tell it to do. It's up to you to set the correct weights, force hit/exp caps, etc. Any tool is only as good as its user.

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 03:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    and where do you get the correct stat weights?
    Varies from class to class. For hunters I'm only aware of simulationcraft (available for all classes and specs I believe) or femaledwarf (hunter only). Have to keep in mind that haste is usually overvalued, which can make things tricky.

askmrrobot is god awful.

Because "optimal" reforging can be under the hit cap. Hit has a weight just like anything else. People make the mistake of thinking hit has infinite weight until you're at the cap and that's wrong. Wowreforge will use "at least" for caps by default, which is not AMR's default - AMR's default is more like Wowreforge's "close to". And AMR has an option in the settings to use the equivalent of "at least". As I said in another thread, these tools are all just calculators. If you give the wrong input, it's going to give the wrong output.

If your hit weight is 4 and your crit weight is 2 (for example), it's better to be at 2540 hit and gain 30 crit rating, than to be at 2570 hit (30 crit = 60 weight, 10 hit = 40 weight).

With the massively inflated hit/exp amounts on current content gear right now, if you're using the "force hit/exp caps" or "at least" functionality, there's a good chance you have suboptimal reforging.

10+ Year Old Account
    askmrrobot is god awful.

Hit cap is not the be-all-end-all of stat priority. You can be a few points shy of the hit cap and have better results than if you capped because you can put a little more into other stats. A 1/1000 or even 1/100 chance in missing is not going to trash your dps or cost you a kill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    Hit cap is not the be-all-end-all of stat priority. You can be a few points shy of the hit cap and have better results than if you capped because you can put a little more into other stats. A 1/1000 or even 1/100 chance in missing is not going to trash your dps or cost you a kill.
    But it will make you lose more DPS compared to the few points you gain elsewhere on average.

I use custom weights for askmrrobot but I always make sure I don't get super weird reforges, 4 out of 10 times I need to manually change some things (and yes my score goes up on AskMrRobot so it's honestly not working 100%), I changed from Wowreforge when I came back from my break and still had some upgraded items that were struggling with Wowreforge but honestly can't see a good reason not to change back now, thanks for this thread to make me change

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    But it will make you lose more DPS compared to the few points you gain elsewhere on average.
    Except it won't if the stat you gain by being under the cap has a greater weight than the weight of the amount of hit you are under the cap.

You're missing the point.

askmrrobot is good for some classes
    but very retarded to others :P