Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I'm not going to deny that often some of their responses and tweets are bad, but Blizzard really can't win with millions of people picking apart everything they say, overanalysing, taking ideas as promises. I mean, the OP is a perfect example. A statement saying they listen to the community is suddenly lying because Blizzard doesn't bend to the community's whims, a statement saying they ultimately make the decision suddenly means they don't care about feedback. What are they supposed to say? Can you think of anything, on any topic, that they could say that eight million players would all like and agree with?

I don't think there's anything wrong with that statement quoted in the first post. It reflects that they listened to the complaints from Cataclysm, and then made their own decision about how to solve it. It's a good balance between hearing feedback but honouring their own goals and skills as developers.
    Thanks Tziva, you saved me a post :P

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo Baggins View Post
    And by that I mean their vague sometimes pointless comments that really don't get a definitive answer.

That and the downright lies.

I keep seeing "we made [x] change for mop because we were told [y] was a problem with cata"

I think that is such bullshit, they say this kind of crap when it suits them, when they flat out disagree the line is usually "ultimately its our game and we will do what we want" and then some line about "community collaboration on game development doesn't necessarily make a better game" now the line is "we gave you what you wanted and you still don't like it" i don't think that ANY of the feature in MoP are/were what the community was calling for.

There may have been several features that addressed specific issues, but none of them are/were done in a way that the community asked for. It always has its indignant blizzard signature on it.

(1) New features of MoP, dynamic quests and storytelling, scenarios, dailies, etc etc.

This was to address the problem of "not having enough to do" the problem is that these extra feature weren't really options they were required for any sort of progression, and that progression was tedious. Why couldn't they just add more dailies, more content without the insane rep grinds and/or required gameplay for progression?

(2) Balance changes. People have been claiming Mages are OP the ENTIRE expansion. (I don't play a mage, so this isn't the source of my issue, just an observation) they claim the whole expansion that they are pleased with where classes are... yada yada yada, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit.

Now all of a sudden mages are OP... and how do they fix it? By nerfing an ability that adds bonus spell damage by 15% from 30% HALF of what it was.

These drastic pendulum swings are SO fucking frustrating to me... why does it always have to be so damn extreme? Why can't they just make small tweaks to the game to achieve a balance where people are happy.
    It's BS. AKA Blizzard Speak.

They do it every year there's a new expansion. Instead of telling us their plans, they dance around those questions so as not to reveal potential major features of the next expansion.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Guess it is more easy to get feed up with a company that informs you every day of thoughts and changes so whine posts happens hourly; than a company that says nothing and just release BS and let people rage over that a couple of days.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    MoP is like BC and WoLK? huh?
    Alts. Follow the conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    That and the downright lies.
    Lies imply facts instead of opinions. Give some examples. And remember, no opinions.

Why can't they just make small tweaks to the game to achieve a balance where people are happy.
    Your bonus spell damage example is a small tweak given the amount of total damage a mage can do: Incanter's Ward bonus spell damage going from 30% to 15%? How much damage is that really as a percentage of total damage? Don't forget that the ability now runs 25 seconds, up from 15. That's a small adjustment overall and hardly extreme. Is that a misunderstanding on your part or---dare I say--that you pushed the truth a little bit to make it sound worse than it is?
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-05-16 at 04:00 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

You can support your complaint the best by refusing to supporting the company monetarily.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't know what happened to the community... I blame LFD... it ruined any realm rep that was left. People had to act nice or else you risked being blacklisted... and even if you weren't blacklisted... people in that guild might have ran a pug with you and realized you're an asshole... they then wouldn't invite you to the guild regardless of how good you were... but now people are just assholes and think they can get away with it because it's some dude on another server. But what confuses me more is why people didn't like TBC... Unless you didn't play it or you were bad/new to the game throughout TBC... there's no way you couldn't have liked it. WoW was perfect then... you literally couldn't skip tiers, you had to take on each one. Even heroics were better since you couldn't just switch it to heroic and walk in, you needed a key that required revered, which was later switched to honor... but even those heroics weren't easy. They were kinda hard and the epics weren't OP, you'd walk into Kara and already have new upgrades. People love getting new upgrades, it's just fact... so when I had multiple tiers to progress through without repeating the same content for more than a month, it was pretty fun... an experience you can't get now.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Lies imply facts instead of opinions. Give some examples. And remember, no opinions.

Your bonus spell damage example is a small tweak given the amount of total damage a mage can do: Incanter's Ward bonus spell damage going from 30% to 15%? How much damage is that really as a percentage of total damage? Don't forget that the ability now runs 25 seconds, up from 15. That's a small adjustment overall and hardly extreme. Is that a misunderstanding on your part or---dare I say--that you pushed the truth a little bit to make it sound worse than it is?
    You are forgetting the thermal dynamic universal constant MMO law of, "They need to nerf (insert class I don't play here) and they need to focus on buffing (insert class I do play here) and if they do anything else I am going to have a shit fit on a forum."

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 04:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I really don't know what happened to the community... I blame LFD... it ruined any realm rep that was left. People had to act nice or else you risked being blacklisted... and even if you weren't blacklisted... people in that guild might have ran a pug with you and realized you're an asshole... they then wouldn't invite you to the guild regardless of how good you were... but now people are just assholes and think they can get away with it because it's some dude on another server. But what confuses me more is why people didn't like TBC... Unless you didn't play it or you were bad/new to the game throughout TBC... there's no way you couldn't have liked it. WoW was perfect then... you literally couldn't skip tiers, you had to take on each one. Even heroics were better since you couldn't just switch it to heroic and walk in, you needed a key that required revered, which was later switched to honor... but even those heroics weren't easy. They were kinda hard and the epics weren't OP, you'd walk into Kara and already have new upgrades. People love getting new upgrades, it's just fact... so when I had multiple tiers to progress through without repeating the same content for more than a month, it was pretty fun... an experience you can't get now.
    Its amazing how you manage to turn any topic into a rant about LFD even if the original topic had nothing to do with LFD. *golf clap*

Their first, and biggest mistake, was trying to make WoW all things to all people.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Cata was friendly to alts only because there wasn't enough to do. Blizzard designed Cata so players could spend less time in game and it backfired. Instead people leveled 453 alts and grinded all their gear/rep to max and said DONE.
    BTW, what's so bad in saying DONE? I have other games I want to play. In Cataclysm I was able to say "DONE" for the week and go play something else. In MoP this became much harder.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    QFT.

You speak my mind.. Really I am 100% positive that if they NEVER implemented the LFD/LFR this game would still have some kind of community for each server - Which is one of the things I miss.. I couldn't imagine running a guild nowadays (except for one consisting of IRL mates exclusively) because I wouldn't know what to look for or how to judge members.

In TBC, gearing was a dead giveaway - looking at people's reputations, if they had enchants (that required reputation as well!) and what kind of gear they were wearing (greenies wasn't uncommon!).

Nostalgiaing too much, sorry..

Point is, everyone is decked in epics now and you still don't know if they would be able to fare in a normal raid - In Vanilla and TBC you KNEW that if people had epics, they had atleast some kind of understanding of the game! Heck for the majority of WoTLK this was somewhat true as well!

Oh and I had a long friendlist of people I had just been to HC's with so I always had some people to bring when I ran my HC's.

But yeah TBC was the best, I loved it.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, get these things through your head.

World of Warcraft is BLIZZARD'S game. Not yours. No matter how many hours you play, how many months you've subbed, it is still THEIR game. And therefore it is entirely within their right to do whatever they please with it. Period. There's no gray area here. It.is.theirs.

You are not everyone. Even if 1 MILLION people shared your exact complaints, there are 7 million who don't. Stop assuming you speak for 'the people' - you speak for yourself and only for yourself.

They don't make excuses and they don't lie. They have open, sometimes surprisingly frank conversations with players and admit their mistakes ALL the time. They've admitted many things they wish they had done differently in Mists, GC has even said he wishes they had done a 5man or 2 for 5.3. So stop with the 'so sick of their lying' drama-queen bullshit. You don't agree with what they say, their reasons given? Fine. But don't be childish and scream BLIZZARD R LYING 2 US just because you don't like the answer you're given.

As for alts? They've done a TON to make Mists more alt friendly. Cutting the cost of Valor gear, reducing the reputation levels needed to get some gear, commendations, stolen insignias of <name of rep>, increasing win chance in MSV/HOF/Terrace RF and increasing chance of winning with Elder charms in any difficulty. Reducing the exp. needed for 85-90 by A FREAKING THIRD in the next patch. So please don't whine about the alt 'problem' when Blizz has been nothing but pro-active about improving it.

And for those of you who have this god-given insight to make WoW soooo much better than its devs, go apply for a job or kindly shut it. They make the game, we play it. How on earth that is unclear to some of you is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aùssa02 View Post
    QFT.

You speak my mind.. Really I am 100% positive that if they NEVER implemented the LFD/LFR this game would still have some kind of community for each server - Which is one of the things I miss.. I couldn't imagine running a guild nowadays (except for one consisting of IRL mates exclusively) because I wouldn't know what to look for or how to judge members.

In TBC, gearing was a dead giveaway - looking at people's reputations, if they had enchants (that required reputation as well!) and what kind of gear they were wearing (greenies wasn't uncommon!).

Nostalgiaing too much, sorry..

Point is, everyone is decked in epics now and you still don't know if they would be able to fare in a normal raid - In Vanilla and TBC you KNEW that if people had epics, they had atleast some kind of understanding of the game! Heck for the majority of WoTLK this was somewhat true as well!

Oh and I had a long friendlist of people I had just been to HC's with so I always had some people to bring when I ran my HC's.

But yeah TBC was the best, I loved it.
    Psst, hey... over here... Yeah, the new bar of excellence isn't a purple word on your gear, and for a hundred bucks I will tell you how to recognise an elite player.... Yeah I accept 20's, okay here you go.... *looks about to make sure no one else is listening* "You have to look 3 pixels lower at the word LFR, Normal or Heroic Raid...... Yeah I know it means you have to know how to read rather than just stare blurily at the color of an items name but hey, you can read right? Alright, now remember, its our little secret!" *pockets $100.*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    OP, get these things through your head.

World of Warcraft is BLIZZARD'S game. Not yours. No matter how many hours you play, how many months you've subbed, it is still THEIR game. And therefore it is entirely within their right to do whatever they please with it. Period. There's no gray area here. It.is.theirs.

You are not everyone. Even if 1 MILLION people shared your exact complaints, there are 7 million who don't. Stop assuming you speak for 'the people' - you speak for yourself and only for yourself.

They don't make excuses and they don't lie. They have open, sometimes surprisingly frank conversations with players and admit their mistakes ALL the time. They've admitted many things they wish they had done differently in Mists, GC has even said he wishes they had done a 5man or 2 for 5.3. So stop with the 'so sick of their lying' drama-queen bullshit. You don't agree with what they say, their reasons given? Fine. But don't be childish and scream BLIZZARD R LYING 2 US just because you don't like the answer you're given.

As for alts? They've done a TON to make Mists more alt friendly. Cutting the cost of Valor gear, reducing the reputation levels needed to get some gear, commendations, stolen insignias of <name of rep>, increasing win chance in MSV/HOF/Terrace RF and increasing chance of winning with Elder charms in any difficulty. Reducing the exp. needed for 85-90 by A FREAKING THIRD in the next patch. So please don't whine about the alt 'problem' when Blizz has been nothing but pro-active about improving it.

And for those of you who have this god-given insight to make WoW soooo much better than its devs, go apply for a job or kindly shut it. They make the game, we play it. How on earth that is unclear to some of you is beyond me.
    You sound like a bit of a fanboy.

The "I'd like to see you do better!" argument is a terrible fallacy. If I order a meal at a restaurant and its arrives at the table cold and disgusting, the waiter wouldn't respond to my complaints with "Id like to see you cook something better then!".

Also, it's Blizzards game? Are you really saying that he has no right to complain about something be paid for?

Oh and Blizzard lie and make excuses all the time, like all video game developers.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people are frustrated with the "reasons" that Blizzard gives, but it's their company, they can essentially change what they want.

I have to say there was nothing better than attunements, especially when you saw this in guild chat;

GUILD: James has joined the guild!
    Guild: Guild Master says, “Hey guys welcome our new healer James, they will be our new healer! So who wants to help get them attuned?”
    Guild: Healer1 says, “Oh wow, I forgot that colan exam I had to do..”
    Healer1 has logged off
    GUILD: DPS1 says, “Sorry, I’m late to chew the bunyons off my gramma’s feet.”
    DPS1 has logged off.
    GUILD: Tank1 says, “Ooops, lightning strike, lost internet connection!”
    Tank1 has logged off.
    GUILD: Tank2 says, “I think my water broke, and I’m a dude!”
    Tank2 has logged off.
    GUILD: DPS2 says, “I forgot to take my acid bath today!”
    DPS2 has logged off.
    GUILD: DPS3 says, “Sorry no time, My wife wants to watch Michael Bublie sing love songs and then have a 3 hour discussion about it, cant miss that!”
    DPS3 has logged off.
    GUILD: DPS4 says, “I’m going to go see what this ‘daylight’ thing is outside my moms basement. IT BURNS IT BURNS!!!”
    DPS4 has logged off.
    GUILD: Healer2 says, “Yeah actually since you guys got me attuned last week I decided to go and get poached by another guild, so have fun attuning 2 healers.”
    Healer2 has left guild.

Deleted
    Oh? Really? People finally start noticing something I was noticing like years (and I mean years) ago? How marvelous! *claps* Gratz on finally getting your eyesight fixed.
    Yes, Blizzard's attitude is absolute shit. Disgusting even, one of many reasons why I quit WoW for good. Well, retail WoW at least. "We gonna do what we think is good, not what you want because it's out game". Whole community is like "guys... retardins are totally op they need huge nerfs..." Blizzard "nah, they're fine...".

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Psst, hey... over here... Yeah, the new bar of excellence isn't a purple word on your gear, and for a hundred bucks I will tell you how to recognise an elite player.... Yeah I accept 20's, okay here you go.... *looks about to make sure no one else is listening* "You have to look 3 pixels lower at the word LFR, Normal or Heroic Raid...... Yeah I know it means you have to know how to read rather than just stare blurily at the color of an items name but hey, you can read right? Alright, now remember, its our little secret!" *pockets $100.*
    Haha good one! ;D

But that is sort of my point - if I were to start a NEW guild from scratch (I did this once or twice during TBC and once at end WoTLK/Start Cata) I wouldn't know what to judge people from, since everyone will have done LFR from the get go and even then.. if someone is in full 502 gear or better from LFR or World bosses, I still don't know if he's worth anything.

And then there's the other end, how can I know that the guy in heroic blues/valor point gear isn't just extremely unlucky with drops and aren't playing in a guild and is actually really worth something to a raid?

But honestly.. fuck LFR :/

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I have to say there was nothing better than attunements, especially when you saw this in guild chat;

GUILD: James has joined the guild!
    Guild: Guild Master says, “Hey guys welcome our new healer James, they will be our new healer! So who wants to help get them attuned?”
    Guild: Healer1 says, “Oh wow, I forgot that colan exam I had to do..”
    Healer1 has logged off
    GUILD: DPS1 says, “Sorry, I’m late to chew the bunyons off my gramma’s feet.”
    DPS1 has logged off.
    GUILD: Tank1 says, “Ooops, lightning strike, lost internet connection!”
    Tank1 has logged off.
    GUILD: Tank2 says, “I think my water broke, and I’m a dude!”
    Tank2 has logged off.
    GUILD: DPS2 says, “I forgot to take my acid bath today!”
    DPS2 has logged off.
    GUILD: DPS3 says, “Sorry no time, My wife wants to watch Michael Bublie sing love songs and then have a 3 hour discussion about it, cant miss that!”
    DPS3 has logged off.
    GUILD: DPS4 says, “I’m going to go see what this ‘daylight’ thing is outside my moms basement. IT BURNS IT BURNS!!!”
    DPS4 has logged off.
    GUILD: Healer2 says, “Yeah actually since you guys got me attuned last week I decided to go and get poached by another guild, so have fun attuning 2 healers.”
    Healer2 has left guild.
    that does not seems realistic.

A player joining a decent guild will usually do anything to convince. He will be on a trial period and will definitely not slack and expect a raiding spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Aùssa02 View Post
    Haha good one! ;D

But that is sort of my point - if I were to start a NEW guild from scratch (I did this once or twice during TBC and once at end WoTLK/Start Cata) I wouldn't know what to judge people from, since everyone will have done LFR from the get go and even then.. if someone is in full 502 gear or better from LFR or World bosses, I still don't know if he's worth anything.

And then there's the other end, how can I know that the guy in heroic blues/valor point gear isn't just extremely unlucky with drops and aren't playing in a guild and is actually really worth something to a raid?

But honestly.. fuck LFR :/
    You do understand that you are killing your own argument with your badly aplied logic right?

So Purple should only be for high end raiding and not LFR so you can tell who has skill.
    Old Purple = Heroic/Normal under the purple word now.
    So having heroic/Normal shows you have skill.
    If you didn’t raid you didn’t have old purples.
    How can you tell if someone in LFR purple has skill? -> How could you tell in the old days if a person who didnt have old purple had skill so you would invite them in to raid to get purple?

I’m going to bet you gave them a test run to prove they had skill even if they had no purples?

If only we had a tool that was a lot like a raid where we could watch someones skills in action and determine if they were prepared to have purple gear (todays Normal/Heroic marked gear). You know, something like a raid but wouldn’t make us loose a lock out on a boss over someone who may not have skill.... Something with 25 players, many of the raid mechanics and is almost like a raid without actually being our guilds raid..... Something where people who are LOOKING FOR a RAID could all go to no matter what time of day it was even if all of your guildies were not on at that specific time....
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2013-05-16 at 05:04 PM.