Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Wow it's almost as if men don't do exactly the same thing by when a hot girl does something bad to them they put on a fake smile and say it's ok and bend over backwards for her... Come on, I've done it and the rest of you have too. More so than for less attractive girls. It goes both ways
    No, that's not true. When a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist and a rump up in your face, we get sprung. All you brothers can't deny.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

There's a lot of people who believe that pretty people can't do anything wrong. Then there's the section of girls that always chases after murderers. In the Boston bombing case, there's some overlap. But that first section is your bigger issue- you have people who believed Arias should be set free, for instance.

I think the girls who are all in lurvvvve with James Holmes are much harder cases. This guy will at least have the argument that his brother blah blah blah. And maybe Allah blah blah blah. This guy at least seems human. Holmes didn't seem to have any motivation besides crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    So you want an EXACT match? lol 10 years of Manson's jail time was on a guilty plea. The women that thought Manson was innocent were fucking him, whether or not they thought he was "too cute" I have no idea.

But it's the same thing, not sure why you are so surprised.
    It's not the same. A lot of the girls that came to be around him, were due to his association and writing for other cute boys, the Beach Boys. He actually did a lot of drug 'mentorship' and other brainwashing tactics. Women who were in his posse, were not your average 'OMG he is cute' deal. He wasn't cute, he was god.

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 02:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    There's a lot of people who believe that pretty people can't do anything wrong. Then there's the section of girls that always chases after murderers. In the Boston bombing case, there's some overlap. But that first section is your bigger issue- you have people who believed Arias should be set free, for instance.

I think the girls who are all in lurvvvve with James Holmes are much harder cases. This guy will at least have the argument that his brother blah blah blah. And maybe Allah blah blah blah. This guy at least seems human. Holmes didn't seem to have any motivation besides crazy.
    Killing children because your brother told you, does not make him seem human.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Maybe the bomb should have mutilated their legs to judge how cute he is...

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Thanks. I really appreciate it when people call me an idiot. No, please. Don't stop. -.-

It's pretty ignorant of those girls. They'll have it even rougher when they grow up if they keep that mindset. Heck, it could even cost them their own life.
    The world will be better off if that actually does happen.

And having been a teenager myself, I will back up his assertion that teenagers are idiots. Almost all of them. I'd say for every teenager who isn't an idiot there are probably 10,000 who are. And when you're 25, you're going to look back on your teen years and say "man I was a fucking idiot". Everyone does it, it's just part of life.

This goes beyond regular idiocy and straight into the realm of dangerous. If people legitimately start believing this kid is innocent because of his looks... what the hell happens if one of them finds his way onto the jury for a trial of someone like... oh, I dunno.... Ted Bundy?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Thanks. I really appreciate it when people call me an idiot. No, please. Don't stop. -.-

It's pretty ignorant of those girls. They'll have it even rougher when they grow up if they keep that mindset. Heck, it could even cost them their own life.
    I agree with Adam Jensen, most teenagers are idiots, not all of them are however. This is coming from me, a 17 year old, and thus a teenager still.

He wasn't calling you an idiot though, as you may well not be in this group of 'teenagers in general', so there really isn't much point being offended.
    Last edited by mmoc383018dc8a; 2013-05-16 at 02:42 PM.

'Murrica 10 chars

Infracted
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-05-16 at 06:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    The world will be better off if that actually does happen.

And having been a teenager myself, I will back up his assertion that teenagers are idiots. Almost all of them. I'd say for every teenager who isn't an idiot there are probably 10,000 who are. And when you're 25, you're going to look back on your teen years and say "man I was a fucking idiot". Everyone does it, it's just part of life.

This goes beyond regular idiocy and straight into the realm of dangerous. If people legitimately start believing this kid is innocent because of his looks... what the hell happens if one of them finds his way onto the jury for a trial of someone like... oh, I dunno.... Ted Bundy?
    I can genuinely say I wasn't an idiot.

I was too cynical as a teenager to be stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    It's not the same. A lot of the girls that came to be around him, were due to his association and writing for other cute boys, the Beach Boys. He actually did a lot of drug 'mentorship' and other brainwashing tactics. Women who were in his posse, were not your average 'OMG he is cute' deal. He wasn't cute, he was god.
    It's the same in that women thought he was innocent and shouldn't be in jail. Not all the women in his "family" were drugged, which is how they inevitably caught on to the conspiracy of later murders. From what I remember in the Helter Skelter book, there was one of the chicks in the Hinman murders who was in it for the orgies and only sold the drugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda reminds of the cut for Bieber phenomena that took place. Teen girls + social media is just a terrible combination.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares what they think? It's like the colony of ants trying to scream "NO DON'T!" to the exterminator.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Killing children because your brother told you, does not make him seem human.
    I disagree. Doing anything because your older brother tells you to makes sense. It's not correct, of course, but he's demonstrating (misplaced) loyalty- to his brother, maybe to his version of Islam, and possibly "fighting for a cause".

My point, of course, is to compare him to Holmes, who killed way more because....

Well, you know, no reason in particular. Just fucking nuts.

I think the bigger societal issue here is that cute and good looking men/women are less likely to be held accountable by the same number as would an ugly person. People look at his face and forget that he killed an 8 y/o. Take some creepy old looking dude and you'd have a bigger uproar, even if the reasons of perceived justice and peer pressure like in this case are the same.

An ugly ass Muslim screaming for infedels to die is much scarier to us even though it is the same thing (perceived justice, peer pressure, brainwashing..)
    Last edited by Lefrog; 2013-05-16 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I can genuinely say I wasn't an idiot.

I was too cynical as a teenager to be stupid.
    Well I find that pretty hard to believe. Just because you're a cynic and intelligent doesn't preclude you from doing spectacularly stupid things. How many kids do you know who put their mental energies towards everything EXCEPT school? I'm a pretty smart guy... so it didn't take long for me to figure out that it was easier to forge my report card every semester than to focus on schoolwork. I spent the extra time doing other activities... such as working with volatile chemicals that I really really should never have had access to... and making various other dangerous substances (One of which was definitely napalm). All because I couldn't be bothered to do my homework.

Oh and I tried drugs. All of the drugs from Marijuana to Heroin and Amphetamines.

So while I wasn't STUPID... I WAS an idiot.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    News just in:

Attractive guys make some teenage girls stupid(er).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    He has really nice eyes.
    The better to mass murder you with.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Simple fact:

Teen girls (teenagers in general really) are idiots.
    ^^^

That's all that needs to be said, really. He would be somewhat attractive if, you know, he wasn't totally psychotic.

You can't honestly believe they wholeheartedly think he's innocent just cuz he's cute. As the article you posted itself explained, they are more after the 15 mins of fame it could bring them. No girl would be in love with Ted Bundy only for his creepy ways. Otherwise she would have to be okay with him killing her just to get off during the act. Some girls may claim they would be, in which case it's evident they are largely misguided, though no more misguided than these teenagers forming a cult for the bomber.

See Mary Bell, an awfully cute kid at the time she decided to strangle a baby and a child. Karla Homolka, way hotter than the average psychopath when she committed her crimes. No trends started claiming their innocence for their cuteness, and I think that was because the media back then wasn't like it is now. Now some teenagers think it's "cool" to be different, be it by loving murderers or by some other deviant behavior.

I guess what i'm trying to say is do not seek Mars because of these disillusioned kids, do it because of a larger issue like the media.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

Quote Originally Posted by Basemath View Post
    You can't honestly believe they wholeheartedly think he's innocent just cuz he's cute. As the article you posted itself explained, they are more after the 15 mins of fame it could bring them. No girl would be in love with Ted Bundy only for his creepy ways. Otherwise she would have to be okay with him killing her just to get off during the act. Some girls may claim they would be, in which case it's evident they are largely misguided, though no more misguided than these teenagers forming a cult for the bomber.

See Mary Bell, an awfully cute kid at the time she decided to strangle a baby and a child. Karla Homolka, way hotter than the average psychopath when she committed her crimes. No trends started claiming their innocence for their cuteness, and I think that was because the media back then wasn't like it is now. Now some teenagers think it's "cool" to be different, be it by loving murderers or by some other deviant behavior.

I guess what i'm trying to say is do not seek Mars because of these disillusioned kids, do it because of a larger issue like the media.
    How many men, in general, side with violent female killers? Perhaps it's just not highlighted as much, but this whole "Falling in love with psychopathic convicted felons" thing seems to be an almost exclusively female behavior.

This is why we have age restrictions for many things.