RPPM trinkets to scale with item level upgrades

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...ppm-mechanics/

I found this interesting. Makes me think, that when 5.3 hits, that it'll be more important to upgrade trinkets, than it would, other gear (possibly except for weapons).

If the proc rates scale, with ilvl, and the stats increase as well, then we'll not only get more benefit, but also more often.

At least for enhancement, I'm thinking trinkets > weapons > all other gear. Opinions?

It generally is better to upgrade trinkets/weapons over other gear first. Trinkets and weapons lose very little or no item budget to stamina which is a 0 dps gain stat. The RPPM scaling is icing on the cake.

but remember the increased pro rate is not for all trinkets
    Yes. For these special trinkets like RoRO or UVLS the proc rate increases with ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...ppm-mechanics/

I found this interesting. Makes me think, that when 5.3 hits, that it'll be more important to upgrade trinkets, than it would, other gear (possibly except for weapons).

If the proc rates scale, with ilvl, and the stats increase as well, then we'll not only get more benefit, but also more often.

At least for enhancement, I'm thinking trinkets > weapons > all other gear. Opinions?
    Umm, isnt that only for the trinkets with the procs, which dont scale with higer ilevel of the trinket - RoR, Vision?
    Yes. For these special trinkets like RoRO or UVLS the proc rate increases with ilvl.
    ¨
    basically not really a concern for shaman, as ele nor enha use those trinkets, unless they had horrible horrible luck with drops

Bah, nvm. Disregard.

I read what I wanted to, into that blue response, rather than what it actually said.

however weapons and trinkets are a solid target for upgrades anyway

All trinkets will scale with ilvl. I don't know why this was even a question that the blues answered without linking to GC's original (and excellent) data on these things.

Basically, if a trinket doesn't add stats in a normal way (such as unerring vision, which ignores your crit rating and sets crit chance to 100%, or the "redistribute" effect of RoR), then it ON LIVE has a variable proc rate with item level. There's a listed proc rate for 463 (which is what they all become in challenge modes), 502, 522, 528, 535, and 541 versions of ALL of these trinkets. It's not hard to extrapolate what 510, 530, 536, 543 and 549 versions will have, given those data points.

Trinkets that give you stats will give you more stats. Nothing will scale fundamentally better, etc.