Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Worth staying UH when 5.3 hits?

So as most of you've seen UH will be getting a nerf when the next patch hits.
    So I was wondering how many of you will still be playing UH?
    From what I can tell they've severely brought down the damage on Festerblight seeing as how Festering Strikes do less damage and you AP that you get from STR is also reduced by 5%, so less disease damage as well.

So will it still be worth it to play Festerblight during the next patch, or should we start transistioning over to Frost.
    Personally I'll be playing Frost :<

How do you guys feel about this Nerf though?
    And how will you be playing 5.3?

why should i keep playing my alt arcane mage in pvp when it's one of the worst pvp specs atm?

Deleted
    SS, FS and UM changes won't lead to a nerf.

the changes was reverted. was on twiter
    I want to have a child and use it as a pulling tool in dungeons.

the FS/SS re-balancing is a buff to traditional UH, and the Unholy Might nerf was reverted so....yeh

I'll be staying Unholy because tradition unholy got a buff and I much prefer that over festerblight.

O rly???? O.o

Well according to the Patch 5.3 PTR - Build 16946, i don't see a reverted UM and it appears SS and FS are back to normal so overall we got a nice 5% str nerf.... GG?

Deleted
    Supposedly the unholy might nerf was reverted (according to twitter) but it's still on the PTR. As for the SS/FeS changes, well they've been reverted on the PTR to their live values so who knows.

General feeling seems to be they're not unhappy with unholy in general, they're slightly worried about festerblight and how OP it can be on some fights (I.e 175k on normal durumu when I sim below 160) but they've isolated tricks of the trade as the potential issue (which not every DK gets anyway) and a recent twitter post says "it's still being tuned" so whether that's referring to tricks or unholy we just don't know.

With the current changes Unholy will still be a fair bit ahead of Frost in 5.3.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    Supposedly the unholy might nerf was reverted (according to twitter) but it's still on the PTR. As for the SS/FeS changes, well they've been reverted on the PTR to their live values so who knows.

General feeling seems to be they're not unhappy with unholy in general, they're slightly worried about festerblight and how OP it can be on some fights (I.e 175k on normal durumu when I sim below 160) but they've isolated tricks of the trade as the potential issue (which not every DK gets anyway) and a recent twitter post says "it's still being tuned" so whether that's referring to tricks or unholy we just don't know.
    I agree, it would seem as if there is some sort of agitation about unholy at the moment. Especially with all of the reverting that's been done. At least they are narrowing the "problem" down to ToT.

As far as staying unholy? Considering pretty much everything they nerfed/buffed got changed back to live I don't see the point in it. Even with the nerf to FeS and then the buff to SS, standard unholy would still be very good.

Deleted
    It wasn't reverted, just check the other thread, "it's still being tuned".

Quote Originally Posted by Mhobius View Post
    It wasn't reverted, just check the other thread, "it's still being tuned".
    Could you link? I'm getting ready to take off for work and the front page of MMO champ says Scourge Strike and Festering have been reverted to live values and nothing about Unholy strength. It was supposed to have been reverted even though on the ptr I think it's still -5%, could have been missed.

All we have is the confirmation from blizzard that the UM nerf is reverted however this has not been updated ton the ptr to my knowledge.

As for SS/FeS, those changes were reverted in the latest ptr build but without anything from blizzard I assume that it is still changed.

Edit: in fact I was partially right. All unholy changes reverted to 5.2 status. ToT nerfed for dk diseases.

Source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-notes-may-14/
    Last edited by Nangz; 2013-05-14 at 05:52 PM.

UH will still be far ahead of frost on every encounter, so if you like being a warlock in plate that barely tickles the enemy with your weapon then by all means continue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unholy got buffed, not sure what you're worried about.

Unholy, as of this post, has received a MINOR nerf in that tricks no longer boosts disease damage. You won't even notice this.
    Festerblight, as of this post, has received a noticeable nerf in that tricks no longer boosts disease. Even with this change, festerblight remains a gain on fights where it can be done.

Both now have gary chain-casting, and hopefully no longer die. Overall, unholy is going to be even better next patch, and so will festerblight (unless you were having a rogue tricks you)
    <Midwinter> - 14/14 HM -25m - LF exceptional raiders
    http://www.mwguild.net/
    DK Theorycrafting/Game Dev Blog
    DK Gear/log reviews/audits

I'm probably going to stay 2h Frost until I get a better 2nd Trinket so I can actually go Festerblight.

I'm pulling a lot more with 2h Frost than Festerblight currently. It's the trinket factor I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Wouldn't festerblight still be mandatory? I honestly miss the traditional unholy style.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Wouldn't festerblight still be mandatory? I honestly miss the traditional unholy style.
    Festerblight will be gone after ToT unless they make a trinket that gives as much strength as feather (which I HIGHLY doubt).

It will be regular old unholy next raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    All we have is the confirmation from blizzard that the UM nerf is reverted however this has not been updated ton the ptr to my knowledge.

As for SS/FeS, those changes were reverted in the latest ptr build but without anything from blizzard I assume that it is still changed.

Edit: in fact I was partially right. All unholy changes reverted to 5.2 status. ToT nerfed for dk diseases.

Source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-notes-may-14/
    Ahh thank you. (Turalyon <3 btw) Our rogues all laughed at me when I asked for ToT anyway. This isn't bad at all imo, could have been much worse as far as nerfs go.