Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    LFR is fine. Organized casual raiding has major flaws atm, first of all it needs to be easier for organized pugs and casual guilds IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Hah. Get rid of LFR and we'll start seeing huge losses in the west as we have in the east. Sorry, LFR is here to stay. Also the catering to everyone thing that you seem to think is bad for MMOs? Yeah that's standard in MMOs now, because it's a smart business decision.
    We are already seeing huge losses. Looks like this business decision wasn't that smart at all

Quote Originally Posted by Birkhoff View Post
    As an adult, you should know that people enjoy drugs too, and guess what they aren't good for health. Surprising huh? What would you do? Support drug legalization too?

Grow up.
    Having personal responsibility is a huge part of being an adult, so yes, I would.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah lets remove all challenge from the game. It's mostly composed of casuals anyway
    Adding LFR somehow removed normal mode, heroic mode and challenge modes ? 0o

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    LFR is great, LFR saved Cataclysm, the Q where LFR was luaunched is the only Q where they didnt lose subs.

Normal raids though, are overtuned as fuck.

So no, LFR doesnt need much changes except maybe in the loot part, but Normal does, and what it needs is a big nerf and the next ones to be tuned for NORMAL raiders, not heroic ones.
    I would argue that normal raids are tuned just fine and that the problem is that people have gotten so used to being able to kill bosses without playing well, that fights that actually require awareness and some semblance of decent play are now seen as being too difficult. The biggest problem is that there are so many servers that have died that carrying less skilled or less motivated players has become necessary to even field a raid group, so the content (tho not overtuned) is too difficult for the many of the groups attempting it, due to a few players holding the group back.

As an adult, you should know that people enjoy drugs too, and guess what they aren't good for health. Surprising huh? What would you do? Support drug legalization too?

Grow up.
    I support drug legalization. But thats completely irrelevant in this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account

Grow up.
    The person whining about the content/gear that other people see - people who have absolutely nothing to do with you, whose gear has zero effect on you or your playtime - telling someone to grow up?

That right there is a little thing called irony.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Having personal responsibility is a huge part of being an adult, so yes, I would.
    I knew you would. Just needed confirmation. Yeah, why not remove the government and let anarchy reign while we're at it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Adding LFR somehow removed normal mode, heroic mode and challenge modes ? 0o
    Exactly.

People who bitch about who faceroll the game is never mention Challenge modes, heroic raids, or any of the other stuff that caters to their elitist, super-awesome selves.

And the funny thing is, I'm a pretty hardcore player in terms of the content I run and the amount of characters I do it with. And yet I don't sit around throwing whiny little hissy-bitch fits about the stuff other players are, or are not, able to do.

OMG HOW DARE THESE PEOPLE WHO I DON'T KNOW AND HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH, HAVE SOMETHING TO DO IN THE GAME. HOW DARE BLIZZARD THINK OF THEM, THEY SHOULD ONLY THINK OF ME AND PEOPLE WHO THINK THE WAY I DO.

^ That is exactly how stupid some of you sound.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2013-05-16 at 05:24 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I knew you would. Just needed confirmation. Yeah, why not remove the government and let anarchy reign while we're at it?
    Yes because pot = anarchy.....

Seriously how old are you?

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR is nothing more than a catch up mechanic for some subpar gear on an severely low drop rate and a chance for casual players to see raid content.

“In time we hate that which we often fear.” - William Shakespeare

I think people are afraid that LFR will completely replace 10M/25M raiding. If elitists keep shunning the populous, their fears might just come true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get back on topic. If you want to talk about drug laws, there's a forum for that. This isn't it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Get back on topic. If you want to talk about drug laws, there's a forum for that. This isn't it.
    You guys should just lock threads like these. They do not encourage/facilitate civil discussions, they do not contribute anything positive to these forums.

How people were failing on Spine is way beyond me... The fact that LFR teams are failing at all on LFR is way beyond me as well. They're point blank simple mechanics to follow. Lei Shen is unbearably simple as well but thanks to LFR, hardly anyone pays attention to buffs/debuffs or even has DBM/BigWigs installed.
    Most people who play WoW don't use add-ons and never or rarely visit a WoW site. I don't think you understand what the "average" skill level of a typical player is. LFR isn't the reason there's people like this. There were people like this before LFR. You've never seen a group wipe in LFD? There are lots of genuine noobs out there and they have every bit as much a right to play the game as you or I do.

The success rate would be far higher if people were actually encouraged to learn their class or encouraged to follow boss mechanics rather than AFKing to potentially receive loot. Not only that, but AFKers have THE EXACT SAME CHANCE that people who are actually participating do.
    This is true but it's not easy to design a game that teaches people how to master their class without overwhelming/scaring off the noobs.

"Garalon was initially too difficult" Are you joking? How in the.. what...?

Do you know how many times I've seen people in chat say "just wipe x amount of times and then let's burn him."

This pisses me off because this is the kind of behavior that a tool like LFR encourages.
    I think I've seen one person say that ever. He got vote kicked immediately. Maybe you just get stuck with the idiots.

Giving people the option to only enter a Fresh Queue would be a nice start.
    Then people who get stuck in the middle of an LFR will end up having hour long queue times waiting for a single tank or healer when one leaves. Unless blizzard makes every LFR boss it's own private queue, this problem can't be fixed nearly as simply as you think it can.

Well instead, it's become attractive to a lot of mainstream raiders as well because a lot of people are quitting normal progression guilds for LFR. A lot of people now have this mentality that they shouldn't have to put any effort forth into obtaining gear. I honestly will be scared to see how many 10/25 progression guilds will be left before 6.0 hits if this continues.
    If normal and hard mode raiders are quitting for LFR that means they prefer LFR to normal and hard modes. Then the problem lies with normal and hard modes not LFR. It baffles me how someone can say "people are quitting X for Y so therefore Y needs to change." No, people are going to Y because it better fits their demands.

Relatively few people were able to see Arthas? Are you kidding me? ICC was the most puggable end-game raid we had ever had. Especially when they implemented the full 30% buff.
    Blizzard has statistics on how many people fought the Lich King. You don't. I'll take their word over yours any day of the week on this.

Does Blizzard honestly believe people are queueing up LFR to see the story or for the lore? You can't make people care about the next boss if they didn't have to work to get to them. AKA: Progression
    Simply not true for the vast majority of players. Half the gaming industry is made up of games you play through once, see the story, beat the game and never play again. People care enough to buy and play those games without a serious progression model. You simply don't see things the way a lot of the more casual gamers do.

This is how raiding should be. IT'S A DAMN MMO!! Yes, not everyone is going to see the end game content but that is how it should be! "Content For All" is not how this game should be run and you can see the results of how the game is being run. We're now down to 8 million subscribers and before 6.0, I predict will be down to 7 million.
    Yes, an old game is losing subscribers. Shocking. Correlation =/= causation. You haven't proven anything other than that you know how to argue from emotion alone with no concrete statistics to back up anything.

"But we have 8 million."

Yes.. but we used to have 13 million.
    Bad economy. Old game. More competition from F2P. None of these things could possibly have anything at all to do with the sub loss? It's all Blizzard ruining the game. That's the only issue here. Clearly.

Stop implementing stupid things like "LFR" to please "everyone". Please for the love of god bring back whatever team or decision makers you had working on the team during BC/Wotlk because this one isn't working. You just can't run a MMO under a "content for all" direction.

I agree with you on one thing here. Blizzard should stop trying to please everyone. They need to target a specific audience. But guess what, that audience will be casuals. It makes far more business sense to try to hold on to the millions of casuals than it does to hold on to the hundreds of thousands of hardcore. Not unless hardcore players are willing to pay $50 a month for your sub at the expense of all the casuals.
    Last edited by Abysal; 2013-05-16 at 05:31 PM.

Don't use it? Some people really have loot ego issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    You sound like a spoiled child who wants to keep loot from "low class no skill scrubs"/people that can't devote time to a guild...

It's a two way street dude. How does their getting loot affect you? (hint: It doesn't)
    I'm so sick of seeing this.

Do you know a lot of the top end guild raiders have jobs, families and lives?

This is yet another example of people using excuses. In the first part of your quote (low class no skill scrubs), I absolutely agree. Why the hell should they have access to the same tier of content that hardcore raiders do?

The mentality change of gamers since 2008 just blows me away. This is what LFR has done to this community.. everything HAS to be super easy or there is such a rage storm on the forums. Are you telling me you shouldn't HAVE to devote an immense amount of time to a MMO? Wow.. just wow..

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    You guys should just lock threads like these. They do not encourage/facilitate civil discussions, they do not contribute anything positive to these forums.
    How dare players complain about LFR! Silence them!

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I'm not going to silence anyone. What I will do though is to tell everyone to post in the already-existing thread:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-LFR-has-to-go
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."