Poll: Amount suing for Excessive or Justified?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Because he refused to cooperate though, he escalated the situation and therefore should be awarded jack and shit in his lawsuit.

The cops maybe had no cause to talk to him, but the man had no cause to freak out either.
    he was well within his rights to deny the to see any id on his person he was doing noting that dictated probable cause he was illegally detained and disarmed the cops are in the wrong they broke the law which they are in place to uphold along with getting money in the lawsuit the cops involved should be fired
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Deleted
    This story is fucked up on so many levels I don't even know where to begin...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    he was well within his rights to deny the to see any id on his person he was doing noting that dictated probable cause he was illegally detained and disarmed the cops are in the wrong they broke the law which they are in place to uphold along with getting money in the lawsuit the cops involved should be fired
    So 3.6 mil is a decent amount of money to ask for because he spent 5 minutes in handcuffs and had the charges dropped after a month? He didnt even go to jail, he walked away from that convenient store intact but only after he refused to say "I have a permit to carry" and then showing them the ID on what? Principle? Thats just stubborn and stupid. I would be a little pissed off but I wouldnt be suffering emotional trauma and if you are suffering from emotional trauma then you shouldnt have a gun. He is asking for 3 million because the police asked him about his gun and he is asking for 600 k because it upset him.
    Last edited by Nuvuk; 2013-05-18 at 05:23 AM.

I was searching for additional information on Speedway policy on firearms and ran across the following:

I was entering my local Speedway this evening and noticed a
    small sign stating "Firearms and other deadly weapons are strictly
    prohibited on these premises."

Is this a corporate policy or the rule of this individual store?

Thank You,
    xxxxx xxxxxxxxx

October 13, 2010

Dear xxxx xxxxxxx,

This is an acknowledgement of your E-mail. It is a companywide policy
    that firearms and other deadly weapons are prohibited at our Speedway
    SuperAmerica locations.

Thank you for taking the time to write us. We are always interested in
    hearing from our customers whatever the reason.

Sincerely,
    Sarah
    Speedway SuperAmerica LLC Customer Service

So firearms are not allowed in Speedway stores and in OH that has the weight of law. I will assume that the store in question had a sign in place as that is their corporate policy.