Deleted

[WW] Heroic Tortos 10

Hey all
    Started having some serious pokes at this last night and I was wondering what people's opinions are regarding the role of WW on this? We tried with 2 healers, 2 melee 4 ranged dps, with melee helping out on the turtles as main prio, swapping to bats when they were in then back to turtles if up etc. However as WW I'm SERIOUSLY struggling to get any kind of real uptime on the turtles. It seems like whenever I get close enough to start hitting one I either need to move to dodge something else, get stunned by quake stomp when it hits, or have to refresh my crystal. Either that or another one of the little ****ers comes and slams into me and knocks me away from my primary target.

Is it even remotely worthwhile having a windwalker on these whirl turtles? It strikes me that with so few ranged attacks (not like we can flame shock / fire nova / insta LB / Cl like an enh shammy can) we're kinda gimped on them.

Anyone got any tips / suggestions?

15+ Year Old Account
    There are two main strat for Tortos, one where bats are kited and one where bats are killed in melee. Both strats have melee, aka WW monks in melee on Tortos full time. Besides MAYBE the first turtle so that it is killed before the first breath in time, melee should not be on the mini-turtle. Our guild uses the strat that brings the bats into melee and melee cleaves them down. What I tend to do is focus the boss. Once the tank brings the bats into melee, I use Rushing Jade Wind on them and if either a) at 20 stacks or b) my RoR procs (even if it just procced), I use my TeB and start SCK them to death. Keep RSK debuff on them as well as your Tiger Palm buff. I also flip between Touch of Karma and Dampen Harm for every single Stomp. Between the two I RARELY drop my bubble. Only time it really drops is due to Rockfall splash damage. Leg Sweep is also useful if the tank needs to get a bubble before say a stomp.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2013-05-16 at 08:10 PM.

Pretty good advice from Hinalover. I dont use RoRo as ive obtained a heroic thunderforged renataki and valor trink instead, so my TB use is a little different. I would also recommend using the ranged stun instead as its possible you will be running around and not in position to help the tank. Take the time to use storm earth and fire on the bats, rising sun kick, rushing jade wind, spinning crane kick, and use chi burst while your storm earth and fire buddies are still active. It also helps to have an accurate and consistent turtle kicker for the bats.

Good luck! very fun fight for WW monks

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    I also flip between Touch of Karma and Dampen Harm for every single Stomp.
    Don't forget Fort brew. It's a pretty shit cooldown, but it should still stay up.