Deleted

Frost mage old 4set vs new 2 set + old 2set

Hey, so i hve the old 4 set with head off piece from LFR, im frost, i have 522 tier gloves + chest, none of them have haste on them, but is it worth trading them to get 2set of the new and old 2 set or just keeping the old 4 set, and wait til i get 4set?

You can use something like AskMrRobot to compare, but I'm pretty sure 2-set new + 2-set old is more DPS than 4-set old.

10+ Year Old Account
    While the 1500 off-stat boost isn't stock but only after you use Alter time, I am pretty sure that the intellect on the higher ilvl pieces quickly cover up the dps loss of the old 4set, even though the pieces don't have haste.

And more haste is good, but after ~25% self buffed haste I would start looking at balancing haste/crit to get more crits with Fingers of Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Destruktio View Post
    While the 1500 off-stat boost isn't stock but only after you use Alter time, I am pretty sure that the intellect on the higher ilvl pieces quickly cover up the dps loss of the old 4set, even though the pieces don't have haste.

And more haste is good, but after ~25% self buffed haste I would start looking at balancing haste/crit to get more crits with Fingers of Frost
    Near a breakpoint? Get to it. Near 23% crit raid buffed? Get mastery. Along the lines of haste, even beyond 100% it still benefits out DoTs and our pet. I believe I'm at 180% (?) haste with lust and meta. First thing is first, get to a relatively close breakpoint.

More on topic, yes, 2 piece of each T15 & T14 is > T14 4-set. Dat Ice Lance buff. Once you get 4-set T15, you can consider using it.