Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Most high skill - high reward dps class atm?

As the title is saying, which class and spec is gives the most reward, or shall i say dps, if you play it good?

Maybe it was a hard question, ask if you dont understand. I just thought it would be fun to know

I think you have it backwards. All classes have high rates of return if you play them extremely well. The bigger question is, which class & spec will still perform best even when you're playing poorly

From what I've heard, warlocks are the hardest to play well (affliction/demonology) and assassination rogues are the easiest to do well with even if you screw up.

Deleted
    No, I dont want to know what classes are performing well when being played bad. I want to know what classes will be performing BEST when playing good.

What classes will punish you the most if you fuck up?

I think you have it backwards. All classes have high rates of return if you play them extremely well.
    Not really, no.

Deleted
    So you ask which class is the highest theoretical dps? The answer to that is Warlock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boomkin probably. They require a lot of managing to do and a lot of multi-dotting?

We are not in the era of WoW where any class is John fucking Madden (like Feral druids were), although i am fairly certain that different classes will punish you more if you play incorrectly. Mages for instance have been called faceroll many times over the course of many expansions. The current Fire Mage model could be called faceroll as well since there really are only a few buttons you need to press in order to do DPS, however if you mess up or use your Combustion CD incorrectly or not at the optimal moment you will do far less damage than a mage who does use it correctly.

^Just for instance.

Warlock, though Demonology is much more forgiving than Affliction and Destruction.

Mage, rogue and warlock are the highest right now. But it really depends on the fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by risingforce View Post
    Warlock, though Demonology is much more forgiving than Affliction and Destruction.
    Perfect way of putting it.

Deleted
    Probably the moonkin aye.

Quote Originally Posted by matters View Post
    We are not in the era of WoW where any class is John fucking Madden (like Feral druids were), although i am fairly certain that different classes will punish you more if you play incorrectly. Mages for instance have been called faceroll many times over the course of many expansions. The current Fire Mage model could be called faceroll as well since there really are only a few buttons you need to press in order to do DPS, however if you mess up or use your Combustion CD incorrectly or not at the optimal moment you will do far less damage than a mage who does use it correctly.

^Just for instance.
    Uhh feral is still John Madden if you're pushing good dps through trinket procs and DoC

Feral or Moonkin Druid.

If I were to choose I would say Warlock. I play a Mage and only have one real dot, but the stuff you can do with only that one dot is just insane (if you really want to push it to the maximum). Warlocks have a lot of dots and they need to be managed really good in order to do decent DPS.

I don't think that mage is one of the hardest classes, but it is by no means that easy as "push the button that is highlighted". On the first look it really looks it is. But try to use your infernoblast correctly during bloodlust. Never mess up the normal rotation. Know when you have to move and try to use as less scorches as possible. Use alter time + combustion correctly. Watch procs and use them to the maximum.

Of course every class is as complex. But some guildies were pretty surprised when I told them what you have to have an eye on when you play mage

Managing to get high combusts is pretty hard, so you might try playing a fire mage.

Deleted
    What about the different resources? Which one do you guys think is most forgiving and most punishing when handeled wrong or right? Energy, rage or mana?

As far as I'm aware you can't really go OOM anymore as any dps class when playing properly. So probably Energy/Rage classes

Deleted
    Affliction warlock. You need to be a master to get the most out of the snapshot dot power mechanic. Every proc, every CD need to be taken in to account for when you should refresh your dot's, put up Haunt etc. There are UI mods though that make this fairly straight forward though.
    There is also a certain mechanic you can currently utilize to keep a set of VERY strong dots rolling the entire fight if you play perfectly and the boss fight allows for it. This is why you see some warlocks doing INSANE dps on some fight on world of logs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tankz0 View Post
    What about the different resources? Which one do you guys think is most forgiving and most punishing when handeled wrong or right? Energy, rage or mana?
    Runes.

Nobody goes oom anymore, energy and rage are fairly simple. I don't know about Chi. I'm also not sure how they've changed DKs recently but I know for most of their lifespan DKs have had the most complex resource management system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethes View Post
    As far as I'm aware you can't really go OOM anymore as any dps class when playing properly. So probably Energy/Rage classes
    You're correct. Mana only exists for ret and and enh to limit their healing potential.

As for ranged mana based classes, you'd have to fuck up pretty hard to go oom.

Out of energy and rage, I'd have to say rage being harder to manage (not that it's hard), but energy has a more comfortable flow imo.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2013-05-17 at 10:51 AM.