View Poll Results: What are your sub predictions for Q2, 2013?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lower than 8.3m

    323 88.98%
  • Higher than 8.3m

    40 11.02%
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
LastLast
  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Yes a lot of people have different opinions of this game. The problem is haters like you refuse to accept people quit the game for any other reason than it is "crap". If you are going to defend opinions then you are a hypocrite for attacking those who point out people dislike the game for reasons other than yours.
    Haters like me?!? Seriously how old are you?! Having a negative opinion about certain directions the game has taken does not mean I hate the game nor have I ever said that it is crap, again, this goes back to actually reading peoples' posts.. you should try it sometime. I fully accept the opinions of others even if I disagree with them perhaps you could offer your own opinion as to why people left the game at a rate of roughly 14k per day last quarter?

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Why? He is right. There is a reason why Blizzard NEVER releases regional info. All the people would see that WoW isn't all that popular in the west anymore and hasn't been for quite some time.

    Personally, my enjoyment of the game doesn't correlate to the sub numbers, as long as I have enough people to raid with.
    The fact that Blizzard profits are up proves loss of Asian subscriptions didn't hurt the bottom line. I mean you haters love to talk about how Asians players pay pennies on the dollar. It sucks when your own words and agenda come back to haunt you doesn't it?

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Good god NO ONE can possibly be this dense.

    I said no less than three different times in this thread alone (not to mention more than a few others where you spread the same erroneous information) that Blizzard only announces sub numbers when expansions are released or shareholder calls. How the fuck is linking me an announcement less than a week after Mop release prove me wrong in the slightest? What the fuck is wrong with you? Seriously?
    Ummmmm.... because it proves you wrong because that press release was NOT a shareholder announcement, as the shareholder announcement was November 7th?

    Seriously, let me break this down for you:

    Sept 25th - MoP release
    Sept 30th - Q3 officially ends
    Oct 7th - Blizz press release - Subs back up to 10 mil -
    Nov 6th - Q3 shareholder announcement - re-states that subs are 10 mil.

    I can't make that ANY simpler for you...

    The voracity of your language, coupled with that you waited 24 hours to respond, and the DESPERATE attempt to completely re-write your point betrays how wrong you know you are.

    And, as somebody else provided a link above, another press release was put out BEFORE Cataclysm's release of the subscription milestone of 12 million, and that was on October 7th - one month BEFORE that quarterly report and TWO months before Cataclysm.

    Again, let me break this down for you:

    Sept 30th, 2010 - Q3 officially ends
    Oct 7, 2010 - Blizz press release of up to 12 million
    Nov, 2010 - Q3 Shareholder report - re-stating 12 million
    Dec 7, 2010 - Cataclysm release date.


    Dude... it's 100% proof against what you said. You saying it's "Wrong" doesn't make it wrong... It's right there in PURE BLIZZARD PUBLISHED BLUE WORDS!!!

    To answer your line "Good god, nobody can be this dense" - please look into a mirror. It's right there in BLIZZARD'S OWN WORDS - and you're saying "No, it's not". How is that not dense?
    Last edited by mvallas; 2013-05-18 at 04:22 PM.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by Slappers View Post
    I've seen people defend it, nobody from Blizz obviously, but posters. Not like you read my post properly either, I wasn't saying WoW is dying at all, I asked if it's evolving fast enough, that's not even a statement, more something to ask yourself. I think WoW will last and evolve till Blizz takes down the servers.
    And yet if you check around on official forums and here you will see people only bring up subscriber count to say the game isn't dead in response to people saying the game is dead. No one is defending subscriber loss here. It is flat out trolling to say that is what is happening.

  5. #205
    Legendary! vindicatorx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Posts
    6,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

    Do the subs usually rise when new patches are released? Why (in your opinion) did the the subs fall so low after a new patch was released?
    it's a patch usually not enough to bring people back unless it's the last one. Why do I think that? I used common sense is why.

  6. #206
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Brasil
    Posts
    261
    I see a lot of fanboys asking "why is this relevant". They are just trying to be blind in face of the entire situation

    First of, less subscriptions means less income, which can result in less financial power in order to keep blizzard developing content.
    Second, despite the oficial excuse that the subs are dropping because the game is old (just like they said in Q1 that the subs dropped because of diablo, yeah...), the subs drops only refflect the bad quality of the game right now. Countless threads reminding of big problems, such as Daily burnout, gating, realm population issues, etc, and blizzard just remains iddle, giving excuses instead of solutions.

  7. #207
    Lol@people choosing higher.
    Blizzard themselves said the sub numbers were going to sink again.
    At least in the past they tried to make up an excuse and look forward to the next quarter, this time they didn't even bother.
    It means another big drop is going to happen (because they already see it in their data)
    Last edited by Fool; 2013-05-18 at 05:25 PM.

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    And right on queue another hater joins the pile.
    very good analysis of my point. you have certainly dissected my argument and managed to refute every detail with both logic and style.

    or, as usually happens, you just launch insults at anyone whose viewpoints disagrees with you, without adding to the discussion at all.

    are you related to that woman from the recent Kitchen Nightmares show by any chance?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.

    The volume of new game features and content in MoP is a direct consequence of people cancelling subscriptions during Cataclysm. You're welcome.

  9. #209
    Legendary! Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    6,750
    The fact that Blizzard profits are up proves loss of Asian subscriptions didn't hurt the bottom line. I mean you haters love to talk about how Asians players pay pennies on the dollar.
    Oh yeah the release of "Star Craft II - Heart of the Swarm" surely didn't bring in any profits at all so it must all be from WoW.

    Subscription revenue is DOWN.
    Net profit (Including game sales) are UP.

    And yes, since Asians pay far less than Europeans / Americans, them leaving doesn't hurt Blizzards finances as much as if they were "western players".
    Still such a big sub dip is bad PR, as you can clearly see all over this and the battle.net forums.

    It sucks when your own words and agenda come back to haunt you doesn't it?
    I have no agenda. If I had one, it would be to strengthen WoW any way I can, because I still love the game.

    Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Adorable Miqo'te - (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Good for you? I'm very neutral when it comes to hating or liking WoW. I'm just a guy who played a lot of different MMOs and gives every new one a try.

    Personally I don't think it's fair or even has much use to compare subscriber numbers between MMOs when most MMOs out there don't bother trying to release outside the West (US, EU, Australia). And then to use the subscriber numbers as a measurement of quality is when it gets completely ridiculous.

    Let me point out what is wrong with the following statement:

    "WoW is the best, because we have 8,3M subscribers!"

    1. "WoW is the best": Very subjective. It has smooth and very responsive controls and sure does offer a lot of things. But on the side of graphics and gameplay diversity or even quest and leveling quality it falls short compared to more recent MMOs. It also offers a decent endgame, but not the best end-game or best raiding scene that is available on the market right now.

    2. "Because we have 8,3M subscribers": Only because they forcefully made the game have a global coverage. Most modern MMOs that people think try to compete with WoW or try to compare with WoW aren't even reachable for 90% of the market that WoW covers. Once again, it's pointless to compare MMOs when WoW has a global coverage and has subscriber numbers inflated by a few million chinese, while other games like GW2 and Rift don't even try to branch out into Russia or the middle-east, let alone Asia... Furthermore quality is definitely not defined by subscriber numbers or viewers... since if that was the case then Honey Boo Boo child would've been one of the best TV shows of the decade and Pewdiepie is the best Youtube channel ever...

    It's why I find the 8,3M number ... very dumb and pointless when used to compare with other MMOs. And why Blizzard should post regional sub numbers, or people should only use the regional estimates if they want to compare WoW with other MMOs.

    But hey, nice to see you play on Silvermoon EU by the way. I was a founding member of Inner Sanctum for many years...
    I find it very "dumb" to compare these 8.3 million subs with games ...which have ZERO subs...

    Zero as in nada, noight, null, nill, ...

    People are STILL not awake yet. As of June 2013 there will be 2 massive subscription based games: WoW and Eve ...all the rest is hanging on life support ... Subscription wise.

    THAT's the NEW reality.


  11. #211
    The fact that Blizzard profits are up proves loss of Asian subscriptions didn't hurt the bottom line. I mean you haters love to talk about how Asians players pay pennies on the dollar.
    Blizzard/ACTIVISION profits... not just "Blizzard" profits.

    Activision does have QUITE a few more popular things that brings in more money than just WoW - such as Skylanders.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

  12. #212
    Scarab Lord ringpriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Front Range Free Zone
    Posts
    4,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    I think WoW is doing fine. If WoW is "not in good shape". What state is EVE in, with 500k subs?
    It hasn't lost over 10% of it's subscribers in a single quarter, nor almost 20% of it's subscribers in under a year.
    Since 9/11 the NSA has spent at least $70,000,000,000 while lying about their own effectiveness. Even if we sweep aside the extensive lawbreaking, ethical problems, economic damage, and abuse of power, the fact remains that the NSA makes us all less secure, running useless mass surveillance, with a handful of successes in other questionably legal programs.

  13. #213
    Benbos is going to chase that sub model all the way down - he'll be swirling around the drain yelling "It's better because it has suuuuubs!!!"
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

  14. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    I find it very "dumb" to compare these 8.3 million subs with games ...which have ZERO subs...

    Zero as in nada, noight, null, nill, ...

    People are STILL not awake yet. As of June 2013 there will be 2 massive subscription based games: WoW and Eve ...all the rest is hanging on life support ... Subscription wise.

    THAT's the NEW reality.

    Eve is a good game (good enough that I give them my money), but it's subscription base is far from massive.

  15. #215
    Brewmaster dacoolist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In front of the computer - Naked
    Posts
    1,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldscar View Post
    Lower. Just not as drastic as the last. Not that I care anyway. I'm still enjoying myself.
    I agree 100%. I could play wow with 1,000,000 and still be 100% Happy. I'm glad people are leaving

  16. #216
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Brasil
    Posts
    261
    There is something that I don't understand. People say that the losses from china are trivial, since the subscription price is lower. I'm no expert in finnances, but as a Taxation lawyer, I'm wondering that, yes, the prices might be lower, but the cost to keep the game running (taxes and other fees) are also lower than in america, making, imho, wow very profitable in china, as much at it is in america.

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakesong View Post
    There is something that I don't understand. People say that the losses from china are trivial, since the subscription price is lower. I'm no expert in finnances, but as a Taxation lawyer, I'm wondering that, yes, the prices might be lower, but the cost to keep the game running (taxes and other fees) are also lower than in america, making, imho, wow very profitable in china, as much at it is in america.
    Blizzard don't actually operate WOW in China they license it to a company called Netease who incur all the expenses in China the fees that Blizzard receive from Netease, although less per account than Western subs, is almost pure profit.

  18. #218
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post

    I'm not more a sycophant for Blizzard than you and the other haters are for GW2 or any other game people decide to claim is better than Wow or killing Wow. Just because I'm not jumping up and down screaming frothing at the mouth whenever Blizzard does or says anything doesn't make me a fanboy or anything else. In all honesty if you people hate Blizzard and Wow so much then MOVE THE FUCK ON ALREADY. There is NO reason to be on these forums day in day out bitching and whining and moaning and sniveling about a game all of you have made clear you consider subpar and a waste of time. If that is how you truly feel put your money where your mouth is and GTFO.
    Man, you are as bad as BenBos when it comes to literacy. You claim I hate WoW, and yet...

    Quote Originally Posted by A Challenger! View Post
    That said, I agree. Quarterly sub numbers are a complete double-edged sword. On the one hand, having a static number attracts potential customers, but on the other, it also brings in detractors. In my opinion, either one is venom. If you are playing a game for the numbers, then there is a problem.
    Oh, and let us not forget...

    Quote Originally Posted by A Challenger! View Post
    Agreed. Doesn't mean WoW is a bad game or anything, but it does mean that 8.3 million is a PR number. You'll only ever see half, if that, during your tenure as a subscriber.
    So contemplating on how sub numbers are a double-edged blade, and outright saying WoW isn't a bad game, is hating now? You're a sycophant, plain and simple, and anything you say should be taken with a grain of salt.

    Quoted for relevance:

    Quote Originally Posted by A Challenger! View Post
    dat brand of xanzul illiteracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    I find it very "dumb" to compare these 8.3 million subs with games ...which have ZERO subs...
    I know I'm essentially talking to a brick wall here, but you won't ever see that 8.3 million. It is a PR number, and a shareholder number. The most you will ever play with is half that number, if even that. Caring about how many play a game is as asinine. Just play what you enjoy.
    Last edited by A Challenger!; 2013-05-19 at 12:25 AM.

  19. #219
    Scarab Lord Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    4,325
    To everyone, I think WoW subs will go up like crazy in next expansion.

    Hear me out first:

    What i think, is that WoW is losing subs in china because it lost it uniqueness since MoP.
    Gameplay is fine its still the same but, in China WoW was different it wasn't like the rest of these chinese MMO's.
    But now it is!, and they will ofcourse go to a better chinese MMO if they can, and now they are doing that!

    But i think if next expansion is burning legion, i wouldn't even be surprised if those 4-5M pple who left, like 2M will return atleast?
    WoW is unique again for them and they will be back, after a small break they will be happy again and better then ever! =)
    I'm sure WoW will gain ALOT of subs in next expansion.

    You heard it from me first.
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

  20. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    To everyone, I think WoW subs will go up like crazy in next expansion.

    Hear me out first:

    What i think, is that WoW is losing subs in china because it lost it uniqueness since MoP.
    Gameplay is fine its still the same but, in China WoW was different it wasn't like the rest of these chinese MMO's.
    But now it is!, and they will ofcourse go to a better chinese MMO if they can, and now they are doing that!

    But i think if next expansion is burning legion, i wouldn't even be surprised if those 4-5M pple who left, like 2M will return atleast?
    WoW is unique again for them and they will be back, after a small break they will be happy again and better then ever! =)
    I'm sure WoW will gain ALOT of subs in next expansion.

    You heard it from me first.
    Unfortunately that's a double-edged sword.

    First off - I believe you overestimate the popularity of Burning Crusade. Just because a bunch of people on the forums are clamoring for their love of BC doesn't mean that the majority who left were exclusively fans of BC.

    Secondly - you have to ask yourself "WHY were they fans of BC". Were they because of the demons? Or was it because of the gameplay design of the heroics/raids, the tier separation between players and the nonexistence of Daily quest grinds?

    My point is that they will be expecting Burning Crusade part 2 - and what they'll get is Mists of Pandaria gameplay painted to look like the Burning Legion.

    Will it boost subs? Sure! But I'm MORE than betting that those BC fans will bail JUST as fast as the Diablo 2 fans did from Diablo III when they find out it's NOT a return to Burning Crusade gameplay.

    ...of course that's assuming it IS a Burning Legion expansion. :P
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •