View Poll Results: What are your sub predictions for Q2, 2013?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lower than 8.3m

    323 88.98%
  • Higher than 8.3m

    40 11.02%
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Oh look someone pretending Blizzard didn't make a profit simply because someone looked at the wrong figures.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    According to the non GAAP numbers Blizzard still made a profit. So what is your point? Oh right. You don't have one.
    You need to calm down and read what is actually on the page in front of you neither of them are saying that Blizzard did not make a profit.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    I don't see why people deem subscription numbers as irrelevant; they're an important and useful gauge of how attractive both the content is, and Blizzard's measures of keeping people playing. With that in mind, MoP has been performing surprisingly poorly over all; it has had the usual, new expansion spike after the subscription losses seen in Cataclysm, yet now we're on the slippery slope once more.

    Truthfully i'm not sure why, but i'd put it down to two things;

    1) Blizzard thinking that dailies = exciting/engaging/legitimate content
    2) Patches having less content than things would seem

    This excludes external factors such as competition.
    I like how people refuse to see anything but dailies and pandas and refuse to consider that maybe just maybe just possibly the reason for subscriber loss in Asian markets isn't due to Blizzard dropping the ball in catering to Asians but the fact that market has been taken over by the free to play model. There is also the fact the mmo market world wide has shrunk. Yes there are less people playing Wow now. Guess what? There are less people playing mmos overall subscription based or not.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 05:41 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Realize that figure also includes revenue other than from subs, including value added services like realm transfer, character renaming, and race change. These are probably quite significant.
    Profit is profit. Sorry. If people weren't playing Wow they wouldn't pay for Wow value added services. Or are you going to claim people pay for these things and don't pay for Wow itself? Please just stop you are just making yourself look even more ignorant than usual.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Yes there are less people playing Wow now. Guess what? There are less people playing mmos overall subscription based or not.
    Unfounded nonsense. There is no indication anywhere that the MMO market has shrunk. College kids keep existing and will keep fueling the MMO market...
    Maddest of them all.

  4. #104
    I bet on a 2M Loss.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post


    You insult the entire forum here by assuming anyone would believe this...

    I don't think Blizzard would let 16 year olds become stockholders anyway.
    The only one being insulting here is you because no one is buying your bullshit. You and a few other rabid haters have been harassing and insulting and generally acting like jackasses because he has brought up actual facts and figures (required by law to be accurate). Get over it and get the fuck over yourselves already. Blizzard isn't going to cook the books just to pump up their numbers because I'm pretty damn sure they don't want to end up like Bernie Madoff. You remember him don't you? The guy that is one of the main causes for MANY changes in SEC regulations of publicly traded companies.

  6. #106
    Legendary! Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    6,266
    My basic view on this all is IDGAF, I will continue to play aslong as I enjoy the game thats all that matters to me. Ya the game is 8 years and eventually I will move on, but I do still enjoy the game & my guild is still very active and enjoys it aswell.

    I feel people use these threads like Xanzul said to bash the game & bring in the negative light as much as they can and there are alot of negatives things, but also keep in mind there are alot of possitive things aswell in-game. It like people who don't play anymore really care about the game, when they certaininly already show they don't, I don't get why they waste there time in here than.

    Honestly things like this make me wanna come to the MMO-Champ Forums less & less and only come for news honestly, All I see really is people who don't play anymore shout out the doom & gloom and they say if you don't like it than to bad cause your wrong & I'm always right kind of crap. Its sad

    Alot of people enjoy the game still. I personally think NA/EU together equals 5 - 6 Mill (2.5 or 3 each, just an honest estimate) Subs and that the huge bulk of Asia is already gone cause of the f2p market & NA/EU are now the main big part of subs, I honestly think the days of Asia being the dominate part in the sub base is gone, but thats just me. Thats just my idea or opinion on the matter if anyone wanted to know.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-05-17 at 10:04 PM.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    I like how people refuse to see anything but dailies and pandas and refuse to consider that maybe just maybe just possibly the reason for subscriber loss in Asian markets isn't due to Blizzard dropping the ball in catering to Asians but the fact that market has been taken over by the free to play model. There is also the fact the mmo market world wide has shrunk. Yes there are less people playing Wow now. Guess what? There are less people playing mmos overall subscription based or not.
    From what I have read Blizzard's failure to hold on the Chinese market was because MOP does not represent their culture instead it is a Western interpretation of Chinese culture.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Dont fool yourself, they are worried, they just cant make it public.

    Al this interviews from friends working in fan sites they are doing to try to make people think ToT is so good and trying to create expectations on the Barrens escalation thing (which is just lame that this is what they are using to try to keep people on) shows that they are really worried.
    Here is something you people can't seem to quite comprehend: what you dislike isn't what other people dislike. You don't like ToT? Awesome. Good for you. Guess what? Not everyone is you. A lot of people have said very favorable things about this raid tier (along with constructive criticism on what could have been done better). What you people only seem interested in doing is crapping all over anything Blizzard does or says even resorting to flat out lying or spin doctoring if there isn't enough ammo to use to push your tin foil hat conspiracies. Blizzard can try to convince people content is good all they want but if people don't like it they will say so and have but make no mistake about it there are people who do like Mop who do like ToT who do like much of what has changed in this expansion and their feedback and opinions are just as valid and just as important as yours.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    From what I have read Blizzard's failure to hold on the Chinese market was because MOP does not represent their culture instead it is a Western interpretation of Chinese culture.
    This is certainly a part of it. Just look at something like Age of Wushu and compare to MoP art.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    From what I have read Blizzard's failure to hold on the Chinese market was because MOP does not represent their culture instead it is a Western interpretation of Chinese culture.
    I would like to see a Chinese game based on American stereotypes. Everyone is fat, everyone is loud, everyone is stupid, everyone wears jeans and all decisions in the game are based on Jesus. I wonder how well that game would do in America.

    Infracted.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-05-17 at 10:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    I visualized playing it in my head and it was bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    I mean you have all the trademarks of one childish, ignorant, irresponsible, retarded.

  11. #111
    Common sense is that it will drop further as the expansion goes on, and if everything goes well (Burning Legion), then we will see an increase again next expansion. How much, I do not know, but only time will tell.

  12. #112
    What I don't get is how some people seem to defend the "Losing subs, still much more than any other mmo, so its kay!". You think the developers of WoW sits at their offices working on new content thinks "it's kay, our goal isn't to maintain the subs, it's to lose as few as possible".

    Mind you, I'm no WoW-hater, I just quit the game in Cata when I felt it was the same old shit over again after playing through vanilla-WotLK, where I can say objectively I had good and memorable experiences I will appreciate till I die in all of the games, I even had some in Cata before I quit. But developers and a game company can't defend them losing subs with "WE STILL GOT MORE THAN YOU SHITTY GAMES!", they work hard to at least maintain them, and something is apparently not working for them. It's a combination of not being able to pull new players in and keeping them older ones for longer than they currently do. I'm not saying WoW is dying, because it's such an aweful term, however, is the game evolving as fast as it should?

    OT: I think with summer and Rift F2P in June and good releases in the autumn will lower the WoW-subs by at least the same as it did in the former quarter, again, it's a guesstimate.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post
    Market Acceptance (from businessdictionary.com):

    Condition in which a good or service satisfies the needs of a sufficiently large number of customers to continue or increase its production or availability.

    Bolded the last part because they sure haven't been meeting that criteria in the Eastern market. Since, by the very definition, they aren't meeting market acceptance and the opposite of accept is reject, one can safely say the Eastern markets are rejecting WoW. 'nuff said.

    Go back and troll WoW General forums, kthxbai.
    My point is that it is clear as day that they are rejecting the subscription model not Mop and not even necessarily Wow. Care to point out any subscription based mmos that picked up a few million subscriptions in Asian markets that same quarter? No? Gee I wonder why.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 06:01 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    I was using source material to calculate the number of western subscribers, as that was the point of the discussion.

    As the material points out ... there are estimatedly 3,5M subscribers in the West.
    And in the end it all comes down to the fact you are scrambling to keep your hatred for Wow relevant somehow.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    My point is that it is clear as day that they are rejecting the subscription model not Mop and not even necessarily Wow. Care to point out any subscription based mmos that picked up a few million subscriptions in Asian markets that same quarter? No? Gee I wonder why.
    Why are they not rejecting Netease's other, much larger, games that use the same subscription system if it is the payment method that is the problem?

  15. #115
    Pandaren Monk theWocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,858
    Man, Jaylock gets banned a lot. Sheeez... I'm curious as to what he does to do it, but never really feel like reading through the (usually large) thread to see what he did.
    More about the Wocky here"
    Recent Videos ★ TOP 35 #indie games of 2013 | ★ The Elder Scrolls Online gameplay (the first few hours)
    Partner/Member of the CURSE "Union for Gamers" YouTube Gaming Network | ★ Wocky's Computer Specs: HERE
    ★ twitter @WockyCC ★ blog wockycc.tumblr.com ★ you-tube: WockyCC

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    You need to calm down and read what is actually on the page in front of you neither of them are saying that Blizzard did not make a profit.
    It was implied. You know it, I know it, and Osmeric certainly knows it because it is one of his usual tricks to deflect.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    It was implied. You know it, I know it, and Osmeric certainly knows it because it is one of his usual tricks to deflect.
    No it wasn't go back and read what was written.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Unfounded nonsense. There is no indication anywhere that the MMO market has shrunk. College kids keep existing and will keep fueling the MMO market...
    Nope. Sorry. In fact I bet if I were to dig around in one of your Wow hate threads I would find you saying the exact same thing. You people love to flip flop on which facts you are willing to admit to when it comes to pushing your Wow hate agenda.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    My point is that it is clear as day that they are rejecting the subscription model not Mop and not even necessarily Wow. Care to point out any subscription based mmos that picked up a few million subscriptions in Asian markets that same quarter? No? Gee I wonder why.
    Ok, you're still not comprehending what market rejection is. If WoW was a superior game, they would be purchasing their time slots (like they were last year) in the cafe's or however they do it and be playing. To them, as consumers, WoW is not offering enough value compared to the cost of playing. Hence, getting owned by f2p's.

    The main point being... The VALUE/ENJOYMENT they receive from playing WoW is BELOW the COST incurred to play it. Also, they don't use sub based models over there. Which totally shatters your argument. GG

    You also need to stop being so angry. It's very disturbing that you get this insanely, frothing-at-the-mouth emotional when people debate points about WoW that you don't like.

  20. #120
    Legendary! Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    6,266
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Man, Jaylock gets banned a lot. Sheeez... I'm curious as to what he does to do it, but never really feel like reading through the (usually large) thread to see what he did.
    I noticed it too, But from reading some of his posts, he was insulting people & not posting anything constructive is what I got.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •