Poll: What are your sub predictions for Q2, 2013?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    They're going to drop another 1.5+ at minimum. Especially with Asia completely rejecting the expansion.

WoW will barely be above 5m at the end of the year - the golden days of wow are over.

This tier has been like 500times better then last, in almost every aspect and people expect a even LARGER drop then that?

10+ Year Old Account
    down to possibly near 6 millions . need I remind you of the diablo year subs offer is expiring this quarter for most of the people and ... also Rift going f2p is gonna get some subs . Dunno what else might affect wow .
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Wow, so we just finished enduring all those goddamn "subs lower ZOMG this validates everything I've been saying about [insert personal grudge here]!!!" threads and you want to start speculating on the next round of sub figures?

I really wish MMOChamp wouldn't report them. They're intended for shareholders, not e-peen contests between players. The sub figures have absolutely no impact on people playing the game.

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 01:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arian21 View Post
    down to possibly near 6 millions . need I remind you of the diablo year subs offer is expiring this quarter for most of the people and ... also Rift going f2p is gonna get some subs . Dunno what else might affect wow .
    You do need to remind me, because mine expired like 6 months ago. I assume you mean the people who took out the sub offer at the very end of the promotional period? I bet most people who took an AP have already had it expire.

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 01:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by soletaken View Post
    and the anecdotal evidence of widespread dissatisfaction / inactivity, that people are pretty bored of mop now....
    That has been constant since at least TBC, probably since launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I like how everyone is still pushing for 200k/500k, just like they did in Q1 and I was the only one predicting 1m+ loss and even I undershot.

If you guys think it's going to be less than 1.5m, you're crazy and grossly underestimating two things

1) How hard WoW is crashing in eastern markets. They have zero brand loyalty to WoW like in the Americas. They could care less about ditching their characters to start a new grind on something like Wushu, which is taking eastern MMO gaming by storm.

2) Blizzard's inability to address dying servers in NA/EU markets. Both NA and EU markets simply don't have the player bases anymore to support the 240+ servers they've had since wow's peak. People just don't give a crap to pay Blizzard $25++ to transfer their main and alts, faction change, and whatever else when there's little guarantee they'll be doing anything but LFR on the new server. Because of this, people have little problems just quitting and finding something else.

WoW is quickly going the way of Everquest - this game is going to post record losses this year and be a background MMO in short order. Followed by F2P being released for WoW and Blizzard putting the majority of their resources into Titan.

That's the one thing about MMO's, when they start dropping big numbers, it has a snowball effect.

Sure, WoW will always have a cult following, much like Everquest, but the glory days are done...period.
    Last edited by spectrefax; 2013-05-17 at 01:21 AM.

Listen, It doesn't take a genius to see that WOW subs will continue to decline in every quarter which doesn't have an expansion release. That trend will continue for a while, maybe 2 or 3 million less, where it will bottom out and stay steady for a year or two. Just like WOW topped out at 12 million it will bottom out around 6-6.5 for a while before eventually, many many years down the line, coming to an end.

A more pertinent question is, how many of you will still be hanging off of its every development a year from now?

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    A more pertinent question is, how many of you will still be hanging off of its every development a year from now?
    I will be following it all the way down. It's like watching a horrible plane crash.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

If the chinese subs are totally gone, my guess is at ~3 million.
    Could be higher, could be lower. I'm just working with the information Blizzard has made availible.

Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    This tier has been like 500times better then last, in almost every aspect and people expect a even LARGER drop then that?
    Yes, ToT seemed to be well done. I enjoyed it when I tried few first bosses. Dungeon itself was visually stunning as well.

Yet, I unsubbed soon after. Why? Realm dead. No raid scene or decent raiding guild on the realm. I hate LFR and don't want free epics. Heroic dungeons are faceroll. I got most reps and there is no gear reward for exalted. Nothing for me to do. I still had unfinished zones, Kunlai Summit, etc. But I got bored and annoyed with the quests because of all the pandas and rats and rabbits that I dislike and do not take seriously. I would stay for in-game friends and my guild so I could hang out with them, but, oh wait, now I don't have those anymore as Blizz killed those with LFD/LFR and 10-man raids, what's left is a solo game. So I unsubbed.

ToT being good makes no difference to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a lot of people agree that the subs will be falling even more dramatically than the first quarter. Only time will tell how many subs they drop this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Looks like a lot of people agree that the subs will be falling even more dramatically than the first quarter. Only time will tell how many subs they drop this time around.
    Yes time will tell. You know what won't tell us anything about subs? Threads.

The really important question is: why does anyone care? Do you only play games if the sub numbers are increasing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Yes time will tell. You know what won't tell us anything about subs? Threads.

The really important question is: why does anyone care? Do you only play games if the sub numbers are increasing?
    I kinda do. It tells me two things when the subs are high:
    1. People are excited about the game or enjoy it, so it must be a good game.
    2. There are more people to play with and servers will be more crowded, which I like.

Lower than now, although not as much losses as before. What blizz need to do is release an expansion (not with any panda crap) ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    I kinda do. It tells me two things when the subs are high:
    1. People are excited about the game or enjoy it, so it must be a good game.
    2. There are more people to play with and servers will be more crowded, which I like.
    1. Why do they need to be excited? Shouldn't you be excited? I mean it's nice that you seem to care so much, but obviously 8,3million people are still playing the game.
    2. Even if suddenly 3million subs appeared out of nowhere, there would STILL be dead servers, just because there is so many god damn servers.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

My prediction is that they will fall below 7.5 mil, and below 7 by the end of the expainsion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Subs tend to drop faster the later we are in an expansion if Cataclysm was any indication.

I've been playing Rift lately and the realms have been swarmed with new people since this week. Lots of peolpe saying they are bored with WoW and want something new with a big end-game. So it looks like they're starting to get pummeled by F2P games in the West as much as in Asia...

Less than 7M subs seems most likely to me...
    Yeah I quit World of Crapcraft a long time ago. I just got bored with how repetitive it is and how there is nothing to do unless you are a basement dwelling nolifer who spends hours of time in that game.

I have since moved on to greener pastures and now I am happily playing Guildwars 2, Rift, and SWToR

Constructive criticism please.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-05-17 at 12:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Yeah I quit World of Crapcraft a long time ago. I just got bored with how repetitive it is and how there is nothing to do unless you are a basement dwelling nolifer who spends hours of time in that game.

I have since moved on to greener pastures and now I am happily playing Guildwars 2, Rift, and SWToR
    Then why do you care about what the sub numbers are? Why even create a thread on it?

Oh wait...it's Jaylock.
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

New expansion=more subs. Expansion gets old=subs drop back off. Blue posted. Enough of these threads. Blizzards not worried.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asuna-San View Post
    Then why do you care about what the sub numbers are? Why even create a thread on it?

Oh wait...it's Jaylock.
    Im just curious to find out what people think will happen to the subs this quarter. What kind of drop (or gain) are you predicting?