Poll: What are your sub predictions for Q2, 2013?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I have never said that WOW is dead or dying, although it is certainly not healthy and needs some immediate attention at the moment, at any volume let alone at the top of my lungs. I am not surprised that you do not see people bringing up sub numbers until the haters start as has been clearly shown in this thread you only read what you want to see.
    No I read what is actually said and comment on it. If you don't want me responding to you and others based on that then maybe you people should start saying what you mean rather than what ends up being posted.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    It isn't empty. It has a significant number of player requested quality of life changes such as reduced leveling time 85-90 and cheaper heirlooms and it will now be far easier to get into pvp without having to spend a lot of time grinding gear. I really honest to god don't understand given all the bitching about how "crappy" Wow is that improvements to the game are considered "empty". That right there says it all about the motivation behind the hate.
    wow, reduced time to level from 85-90. that will really bring the people flooding back. and cheaper heirlooms will make it even QUICKER to get through the content.

so, you are defending the developers of the game, on the basis they are bringing in two changes that mean people can finish a part of their game quicker. its weird, most games that i enjoy i dont want to end at all. making them quicker would be a negative change. i guess WoW these days just works a little differently.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

4m. So you guys finally would have won. WoW is officially dead and guys like me who really enjoy this game could browse mmo-c without this stupid threads showing up everywhere.

By the way, how many "infractions" does it need for Jaylock to be bannend permanently?
    Last edited by Hubbl3; 2013-05-18 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    No I read what is actually said and comment on it. If you don't want me responding to you and others based on that then maybe you people should start saying what you mean rather than what ends up being posted.
    I'm sorry but I cannot write every single post with Will Xanzul take this wrong way in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    4m. So you guys finally would have won. WoW is officially dead and guys like me who really enjoy this game could browse mmo-c without this stupid threads showing up everywhere.
    You know you don't have to read these threads? No one is forcing you to, in fact I'm pretty sure had the people arguing on Blizzard's behalf had not posted in this thread it would have dropped off of the front page long ago.

You know you don't have to read these threads? No one is forcing you to, in fact I'm pretty sure had the people arguing on Blizzard's behalf had not posted in this thread it would have dropped off of the front page long ago.
    Yes, these thread add so much of value to the game and mankind! Pulling numbers out of our asses and then making reasons up why WoW is shrinking. And in the end nothing is accomplished. The "WoW is dying because it's too hard" fraction will never ever listen to the "WoW is dying because it's too easy" fraction. These threads add nothing and accomplish nothing. Oh, I'm worng. They are a way to push the postcounter without saying anything of value.

Yes, these thread add so much of value to the game and mankind! Pulling numbers out of our asses and then making reasons up why WoW is shrinking. And in the end nothing is accomplished. The "WoW is dying because it's too hard" fraction will never ever listen to the "WoW is dying because it's too easy" fraction. These threads add nothing and accomplish nothing. Oh, I'm worng. They are a way to push the postcounter without saying anything of value.
    You could say the same about all of the threads on this site.

This thread is about predicting the sub numbers for Q2 of course many people will get it wrong if you look at the thread for Q1 the majority of people thought it would be no higher than 300k.

Like it or not WOW is not in good shape, should we just ignore that or should we discuss what we think is behind it? Surely by discussing the problems we perceive with WOW we can give Blizzard a better idea of how the player base feels and how they can deal with it?

Well you've got two extra posts out of this very page so don't knock it.

Deleted
    You could say the same about all of the threads on this site.

This thread is about predicting the sub numbers for Q2 of course many people will get it wrong if you look at the thread for Q1 the majority of people thought it would be no higher than 300k.

Like it or not WOW is not in good shape, should we just ignore that or should we discuss what we think is behind it? Surely by discussing the problems we perceive with WOW we can give Blizzard a better idea of how the player base feels and how they can deal with it?

Well you've got two extra posts out of this very page so don't knock it.
    I think WoW is doing fine. If WoW is "not in good shape". What state is EVE in, with 500k subs?

Lots of people say EVE is in amazing shape for how old it is.

It is all relative, are they making as much money when WoW has 12 million subs sure they are not, but "not in a good shape" sorry that is total utter BS.

Do you think threads like these are "discussing the problem" its just a thread for fanbois and haters to fight in, there is not a single constructive post in this entire thread (including mine!).

I wish more than anything MMO-C did try to discuss the problem but most threads are just haters and fanbois going at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    I think WoW is doing fine. If WoW is "not in good shape". What state is EVE in, with 500k subs?

Lots of people say EVE is in amazing shape for how old it is.

It is all relative, are they making as much money when WoW has 12 million subs sure they are not, but "not in a good shape" sorry that is total utter BS.

Do you think threads like these are "discussing the problem" its just a thread for fanbois and haters to fight in, there is not a single constructive post in this entire thread (including mine!).

I wish more than anything MMO-C did try to discuss the problem but most threads are just haters and fanbois going at it.
    Any business or product that is losing customers and has been doing so for over two years is not in good shape regardless of how large it is. If the losses continue at the current rate, although they will slow down at some point, WOW will have less players than Eve in two years time that is a truly frightening prospect.

That is my point as soon as a thread like this pops up it is immediately jumped on by people that feel they have to defend Blizzard but don't get me wrong I do think that part of the point of this thread was to get that reaction.

Deleted
    don't get me wrong I do think that part of the point of this thread was to get that reaction.
    The ENTIRE point of this thread was to get that reaction, nothing about this thread is constructive or trying to solve any problems at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Yeah because talking on one of many WoW fanforums is going to solve problems... :P
    Please like this picture!

Like = 1 respect
    Ignore = Evil

Stop Gnome abuse!

1 Like = 1 copper

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    The ENTIRE point of this thread was to get that reaction, nothing about this thread is constructive or trying to solve any problems at all.
    Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. The fact is that these boards are full of people from all over the world all with different outlooks, ages, etc and it is inevitable that some people will want to discuss things that others do not. Problems arise when the people that do not want to discuss a certain subject decide that others should not discuss it either, as you can see from this thread there are individuals that are clearly not happy with it instead of just ignoring it which would result in the thread dropping off of the first page they post multiple times thus extending the life of the thread. Would you expect someone to sit there screaming at the television that the program showing was crap or to change the channel?

Yeah because talking on one of many WoW fanforums is going to solve problems... :P
    It cannot do any harm.

The majority of people who are unhappy with a service just stop using it they do not tell the business why. Blizzard have a fantastic resource in these and forums like them in which people will gladly give up their time to talk about, in detail, what they like and dislike about WOW.
    Last edited by Pann; 2013-05-18 at 12:13 PM.

Deleted
    I wish there was only 3 milions subscribers, with WoW cancelled at the East, to shut up all the haters with their - "WoW East doesn't count".
    I wish this 3 milions that left were happy customers, with all the haters and hype hoppers left the game already.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    I wish there was only 3 milions subscribers, with WoW cancelled at the East, to shut up all the haters with their - "WoW East doesn't count".
    I wish this 3 milions that left were happy customers, with all the haters and hype hoppers left the game already.
    Haters and RaF players (Those that use illegal gametime for couple of thousand gold monthly).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    Haters and RaF players (Those that use illegal gametime for couple of thousand gold monthly).
    don't care, I wish they were fucking gone.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    don't care, I wish they were fucking gone.
    Totally support.

It's obviously going to be lower. No, that does not mean that WoW is dead.

Nor does it mean that your pet peeve is right, and that if they <removed LFR, brought back world PvP, make heroic raids even harder, nerfed crowd control, etc> that everything would be fine. In fact, it'll probably make things worse.
    Last edited by paralleluniverse; 2013-05-18 at 12:40 PM.

Deleted
    WoW will close in the West sooner than it'll close in the East, considering WoW with NetEase Asia has a few million more subscribers than Blizzard.
    reported for trolling

10+ Year Old Account
    reported for trolling
    Why? He is right. There is a reason why Blizzard NEVER releases regional info. All the people would see that WoW isn't all that popular in the west anymore and hasn't been for quite some time.

Personally, my enjoyment of the game doesn't correlate to the sub numbers, as long as I have enough people to raid with.

Deleted
    Good for you? I'm very neutral when it comes to hating or liking WoW. I'm just a guy who played a lot of different MMOs and gives every new one a try.

Personally I don't think it's fair or even has much use to compare subscriber numbers between MMOs when most MMOs out there don't bother trying to release outside the West (US, EU, Australia). And then to use the subscriber numbers as a measurement of quality is when it gets completely ridiculous.

Let me point out what is wrong with the following statement:

"WoW is the best, because we have 8,3M subscribers!"

1. "WoW is the best": Very subjective. It has smooth and very responsive controls and sure does offer a lot of things. But on the side of graphics and gameplay diversity or even quest and leveling quality it falls short compared to more recent MMOs. It also offers a decent endgame, but not the best end-game or best raiding scene that is available on the market right now.

2. "Because we have 8,3M subscribers": Only because they forcefully made the game have a global coverage. Most modern MMOs that people think try to compete with WoW or try to compare with WoW aren't even reachable for 90% of the market that WoW covers. Once again, it's pointless to compare MMOs when WoW has a global coverage and has subscriber numbers inflated by a few million chinese, while other games like GW2 and Rift don't even try to branch out into Russia or the middle-east, let alone Asia... Furthermore quality is definitely not defined by subscriber numbers or viewers... since if that was the case then Honey Boo Boo child would've been one of the best TV shows of the decade and Pewdiepie is the best Youtube channel ever...

It's why I find the 8,3M number ... very dumb and pointless when used to compare with other MMOs. And why Blizzard should post regional sub numbers, or people should only use the regional estimates if they want to compare WoW with other MMOs.

But hey, nice to see you play on Silvermoon EU by the way. I was a founding member of Inner Sanctum for many years...
    it's same sitation with haters saying -" it's crap because of loosing subs."
    or even better " omg only 8.3 milions left, crap game is dying, lolollololoolo"
    Last edited by mmoca01e16f76d; 2013-05-18 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    wow, reduced time to level from 85-90. that will really bring the people flooding back. and cheaper heirlooms will make it even QUICKER to get through the content.

so, you are defending the developers of the game, on the basis they are bringing in two changes that mean people can finish a part of their game quicker. its weird, most games that i enjoy i dont want to end at all. making them quicker would be a negative change. i guess WoW these days just works a little differently.
    And right on queue another hater joins the pile.

---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 11:36 AM ----------

By the way, how many "infractions" does it need for Jaylock to be bannend permanently?
    Watch out complaining about people who get banned constantly will get you banned. I will never understand why the mods defend people like the OP to the death despite the fact after all their scolding they end up banning the guy anyway. It only makes them look ignorant.