Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

I need Help with life

So the start of this week hasn't really been all that great.

Just for the recorded am 18 and a Junior going to Senior in High School.

Just a day ago the FBI came into my house and took my dad. Hes basically(kinda)innocent ,but there's A LOT of background story to everything.
    So now that hes not here, my dads main bank account is locked to withdraw money for any needs. My mom haves a few thousand in hers, but
    she doesn't work, and neither does me or my sister.
    I been just applying for a Job at Bestbuy to help my mom out.

But I wanted to know, what is the best thing to do in this case?
    I even thought maybe YouTube partnership, maybe twitch and streaming games, honestly I dont know.

I really dont know who to ask or where to go to ask for Help, so this is the best I can do
    socials
    TikTok flanleet | YouTube/Twitter/Instagram flan1337

Get a job, even if its a dead end shit job. Work it hard and do it well. Cut out extras, do side work, sell plasma.

Your Mom has to work and it wouldn't hurt if you got a part time job while sticking to school, at least until you finish High School.

Quote Originally Posted by lewo_darkfluffy View Post
    Just a day ago the FBI came into my house and took my dad. Hes basically(kinda)innocent ,but there's A LOT of background story to everything.
    Wait.. what? I feel like we skipped over the most interesting part of this thread awfully quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    Wait.. what? I feel like we skipped over the most interesting part of this thread awfully quickly.
    Guy doesn't want to talk about it. Don't make him. It's about his dad doing shit that he's probably not proud of. We all know what that's like.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    other than pimping your sister out, your doing the right thing by looking for work.
    Not really much more you can do. I would advise your mother (being the adult of the household since you still live there) to seek legal advice regarding the frozen assets.

So the start of this week hasn't really been all that great.

Just for the recorded am 18 and a Junior going to Senior in High School.

So now that hes not here, my dads main bank account is locked to withdraw money for any needs. My mom haves a few thousand in hers, but
    she doesn't work, and neither does me or my sister.

But I wanted to know, what is the best thing to do in this case?
    I even thought maybe YouTube partnership, maybe twitch and streaming games, honestly I dont know.

I really dont know who to ask or where to go to ask for Help, so this is the best I can do
    So... from what I gather he's "kinda" innocent sort of like Jupiter is "kinda" a planet.

Well, timing could be worse. School is almost out for the summer and there will be lots of businesses hiring fresh faced young lads for $7.25 an hour, start that job search now, though.

To do anything with YouTube, you have to have content, and content well done that people actually want to see.

If you want to go the Twitch route and be popular enough to actually get people interested and regular, you need some starting capital to be playing a current hot top game, and have shit to give away.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Guy doesn't want to talk about it. Don't make him. It's about his dad doing shit that he's probably not proud of. We all know what that's like.
    But he didn't say that he didn't want to talk about it, even if that was semi-implied.

And I most definitely don't know what that's like.

I'm not asking for an in-depth discussion of his dads criminal holdings in the Cayman Islands, just curious as to the general area of FBI inquisition here.

But he didn't say that he didn't want to talk about it, even if that was semi-implied.

I'm not asking for an in-depth discussion of his dads criminal holdings in the Cayman Islands, just curious as to the general area of FBI inquisition here.
    If you want to be purposefully naive and not realize that it's most likely a sensitive issue and the reason the OP didn't expand on it in the first place is because he's reluctant to expose it and he may be slightly embarrassed (we're in a situation where the Dad is arrested by the FBI and his innocence is shaky), then go ahead. MMOC is brilliant sometimes...
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    Your mom needs to get her shit together and get a full time job. Her main importance should be keeping you in school and focusing on your school work. You should not be getting a job...
    I don't see why not. I started working the day after I turned 16. If they're both working that's all the more money they'll have.

Get a part-time job, OP. It's not as bad as people make it out to be. Maybe not Best Buy unless you work in the back or something(or you're good with people) since I'm pretty sure the salespeople only get whatever they make by selling. Good luck.

Looks to me like you're just looking for cool tech jobs that most people would ENJOY doing. If you're only looking for these certain types of jobs, then of course you won't find one. In your situation stop being picky and get a less glamorous job. Youtube partnership or twitch streaming pay? The last thing you should be thinking about is "how can i play my video games and still get money." Lower your standards in this situation where it is really an emergency.

Your mom needs to get her shit together and get a full time job. Her main importance should be keeping you in school and focusing on your school work. You should not be getting a job...
    You're half right. Like someone else said it's near summer break for high school. Him working for the summer is a great idea!

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 02:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tewhot View Post
    Looks to me like you're just looking for cool tech jobs that most people would ENJOY doing. If you're only looking for these certain types of jobs, then of course you won't find one. In your situation stop being picky and get a less glamorous job. Youtube partnership or twitch streaming pay? The last thing you should be thinking about is "how can i play my video games and still get money." Lower your standards in this situation where it is really an emergency.
    A minimum wage job is a job that no one thoroughly enjoys.. Might as well work at what youre interested in..

OT: Expand your search to other tech places like; The Source, Target's/Wal-Mart's Electronics Department, Future Shop... Learning to live off of less is important as well, as others have already pointed out.
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2013-05-17 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    If you want to be purposefully naive and not realize that it's most likely a sensitive issue and the reason the OP didn't expand on it in the first place is because he's reluctant to expose it and he may be slightly embarrassed (we're in a situation where the Dad is arrested by the FBI and his innocence is shaky), then go ahead. MMOC is brilliant sometimes...
    If you want to be purposefully oversensitive and assume someones sensitivity when they could have simply said "I don't want to go into that" in the OP (assuming we wholeheartedly believe on face value that his Dad got arrested by the FBI) then go ahead and be a dick about it. MMOC is brilliant sometimes...

Also, at which point was I asking you anything? Oh that's right; I wasn't.

twitch/youtube is a good idea, but not something you can just jump into in a matter of a few weeks. your best bet would be to try and get a job at a local retail store, after you apply wait 3-4 days then call them, ask if they had a chance to review your application yet. if you're desperate do it every day beyond that, I know someone who did that and after 2 weeks they finally gave him an interview. once you're in an interview, in this case be honest. tell them you need work to help support your mom, they may be people trying to run a business but they're also human beings and at least where I work they tend to try and help out if they can. it also even shows responsibility, which employers love. however, if you want to do the youtube/twitch thing, get into it now during summer break, while you don't have school responsibilities. it's possible that if you try hard enough you may be able to turn it into a part-time thing by the time you're out of high school.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you everyone and all your advise it really helps ^-^ <3
    socials
    TikTok flanleet | YouTube/Twitter/Instagram flan1337

That's not the most important part of this thread. That is his business and his family's business, not ours. This thread is about him trying to make some money to help out his family.

I'd say just apply anywhere you can, honestly. You'll get something if you do!

You've never in your life had a subject that you didn't want to talk about with others?

Bull fucking shit. My mom was able to provide for me when my parents got divorced because she was already working in a good job at the time. For a person who was relying on their spouse for income to suddenly have to provide all of the money and isn't prepared at all, it's going to be hard. I see people every day that are struggling to provide enough for just themselves, let alone a kid. If he wants to get a part-time job to help out that is totally fine. I'm sure a lot of single parents can tell you that shit is hard and I'm sure that a lot of high schoolers can tell you that they already have a part-time job.
    Last edited by v2prwsmb45yhuq3wj23vpjk; 2013-05-18 at 04:30 AM.

I'm 33 and I've had a "job" since I was old enough to push a lawn mower. It wasn't glamorous but I've been working for almost 25 years because it needed to be done. My dad worked a side job landscaping and we (dad, brothers and I) carried rail road ties for retaining walls and mowed lawns. I don't envy your situation but I can't sympathize with the mentality that someone is 16+ and can't contribute to the house. Something goes alot further than nothing. So get up, get mom involved and figure out a way to get stuff done.

If there's a way for you to stay in school then stay in school. Nothing wrong with working part time or working over the summer of course, but in the long run lifewise someone who's finished school has more options than someone who doesn't.

According to these forums you can live like a king on welfare in America, so has your mum investigated that option? I'm only half joking there, there may be something available to you, and while it probably won't be much every bit helps. As people have said the kind of stuff you're interested in takes time to get started, you may have to suck it up and get a 'hey at least it's work' type job. Pretty much everywhere that employs teens will get a lot of applications for the summer, so the sooner you get going with applying the better. Good luck!

I'm pretty sure the state is somehow required to take care of you financially if your father was the only source of income. You should investigate that.

Also, your mother should work too. I don't see why she shouldn't (in case that's what she's intending to do) unless your sister is still very young.

Try not to fail at school.

Live cheap.

@Luciferiuz Stop trying to derail the thread, because that's exactly what would happen.