Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Might be garbage to how insanely op it was before. Now its just "good". QQ

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    What do you want out of the tanking meta gem though? It's actually quite good IF survival is an actual issue. To make it even better for survival would make it way too good and some tanks would just be invincible.

I'm not saying it's the best meta gem, but the tanking meta gem really is good. I can tell when it's up (and it's up a lot) when I use it on say, Heroic Horridon.

The DPS meta is just a no brainer for tanks not because the tanking one is garbage, but because survival currently isn't an issue.
    No that's not the reason. It dosen't help you with survival because if you depend on the meta to survive you will die the second it's not up.

The reason is since its RNG you have to gear so that you survive when it' s not up. And if you survive without it then it doesn't make sense to use it other then to save a little bit of healers mana.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know what she is referring to, and it's not bone shield (although to be fair there are times were bone shield can have high up time!).

Meta for blood is usually something like 10-12% of my damage though!

Edit: I've barely used the tanking meta gem outside of Horridon, but it's pretty much up all of the time when I was tanking him. Yes you typically gear around surviving without random procs, but reacting to when it procs can essentially allow you to hold off on using other CDs while it's up. It lasts a long time and the DR produced by it is rather significant.
    Last edited by Tojara; 2013-05-17 at 07:34 AM.

Edit: I've barely used the tanking meta gem outside of Horridon, but it's pretty much up all of the time when I was tanking him.
    All the time seems like an exaggeration, when I look at my guilds logs from the last raid when I used it I'm getting about 40% uptime on fights where I tank the boss at all time and on fights where there is periods when I not tank (other tank have aggro or things like the smoke on Durumu) I get between 18 - 30% uptime.

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    Wait wut, so they tried to hotfix dps meta for tanks, then fucked over dps and reverted it. And still, meta for Guardian is fixed? Damn it....
    I know right?
    Worst part is I checked mid-way through the whole bugginess, and they still had the same procrate. Could have just been the ICD screwing both of them, though.

Also it was to fix lag issues, IIRC. I don't think they plan to nerf it for tanks, at least not atm.

Also I forgot, what about with fights with a lot of magical damage? If we get a fight where a big majority of the damage is from magic next tier, are tanks supposed to spend 6 - 10 Primal Diamonds each week to change to another meta and back for that fight? What if we have two magic fights next tier so you will have to change twice each week?

Unless ofc you are really lucky and manage to get two of the same head asap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    I know right?
    Worst part is I checked mid-way through the whole bugginess, and they still had the same procrate. Could have just been the ICD screwing both of them, though.

Also it was to fix lag issues, IIRC. I don't think they plan to nerf it for tanks, at least not atm.
    When you say tanks, I think you're right. But if the proc for Guardians hasn't been fixed, it surely will be. As a Guardian myself I won't complain about getting the Feral proc but it is kinda unfair and unintended. I just wanna know, whether or not, it's been fixed for Guardians.

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    If it was to fix the lag issues it was most likely to fix something with hunters rather then tanks since Ghost Crawler recently wrote:
    Please fix lag on Lei Shen. seems to be tied with stampede
    It is, but we can't reproduce it except for players with out of date Recount or Skada.

Not fun having half our 25m get d/c on bosses when a hunter decides to stampede. and this is with recount off. please fix
    Are you certain none of the 25 players have recount or skada enabled? We haven't been able to reproduce that case.

I never used a damage meter and lagged like crazy on Sha of Fear Heroic. Maybe something deeper... DBM? Ace?
    It is definitely related to the stabled pets showing up as "unknown" and then flooding the log when the names are realized.
    We're not giving up, but it's definitely one of those holycrapwhatisthisactualbug? moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    When you say tanks, I think you're right. But if the proc for Guardians hasn't been fixed, it surely will be. As a Guardian myself I won't complain about getting the Feral proc but it is kinda unfair and unintended. I just wanna know, whether or not, it's been fixed for Guardians.
    Oh, sorry.

Testing on dummies says its nerfed, and a few folks on TiB said that it was as well. So it should be nerfed now, yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    What class are you getting a 16% dps increase out of it with ? On my hunter the proc normally contributes around 5% of my total dps since I got it 2 or 3 weeks ago. Maybe they balanced it out so that different classes get a similair benefit out of it.
    Guardian Druid

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 11:58 AM ----------

Seems around 7 or 8% now. Musta been a different fix during the night. The Instance followed by Server restart last night during raid was really unhelpful.

Deleted
    What do you want out of the tanking meta gem though? It's actually quite good IF survival is an actual issue. To make it even better for survival would make it way too good and some tanks would just be invincible.

I'm not saying it's the best meta gem, but the tanking meta gem really is good. I can tell when it's up (and it's up a lot) when I use it on say, Heroic Horridon.

The DPS meta is just a no brainer for tanks not because the tanking one is garbage, but because survival currently isn't an issue. At this juncture killing bosses quicker is far more beneficial and the DPS meta is anywhere from 10-15% of a tanks DPS, which is quite absurd. Considering that can be anywhere from 10-25k DPS depending on encounter you would be silly not to use it. The tanking gem would have to offer some type of DPS contribution and survival to be used currently.

Depending on what the encounters look like next tier we might very well be using the tanking meta more, but for ToT nobody will.
    You've got it backwards. The tanking one isn't not good because survival is no issue. The tanking one isn't good because it is pure RNG. The only thing that meta gem is actually good for, is to reduce overall damage taken. And that doesn't help anybody. I've seen people suggesting that it saves healer mana; that is wrong. Anyone that has ever been healing will know that average tank healing is never an issue. It costs nearly no mana. The only time mana will be spent, is when they need to heal a tank who has just taken some bursty damage. The tanking meta doesn't change that, as it cannot be controlled.