TIL: Glyph of Retreat + Chi Torpedo on Iron Qon is pretty pimp

Pretty much just the topic.

Thought I'd share.

Doesn't matter if you have agro or not, if you need to be taking stacks or not, last phase alone makes it worthwhile. Raid taking assfucktons of damage from fist poundy thing? Torpedo forward, instantly dropping agro, heal for a fuckton of HP, roll back, and either a) click off buff if you're at 1 stack or you just taunted @ 2 stacks or b) DPS freely without worrying about pulling agro for the duration of your retreat. Having retreat glyphed is also really nice for the fight in general if you're pulling too much agro because you're too awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I'd bypass Xuen on this fight, especially since he is up for Hero and after I Avert Harm+Zen Med a truckload of vengeance in the last phase. At least for us the wipes before our first kill were hitting enrage timer, and now that normal is on farm I don't see our healers needing the extra healing help.

I've played around with the glyph a bit and just find it annoying over all, I roll constantly and would just screw things up for me. One thing that I found tonight that helped a lot was our other tank picking up the DPS meta. I would still creep ahead in threat but made it a lot easier to manage.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

15+ Year Old Account
    Clutch Rolls are far too important to me for repositioning to ever feel comfortable having GoRetreat.

Pretty much doomed to running /cancelaura Vengeance forever =(
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I would only use that glyph as a brewmaster on a simple stationary tank and spank fight. Anything that involves target switches or movement will screw you over.

I've seen a lot of discussions about vengeance giving threat problems on tank switches since Mists launched, and a lot of different tips and suggestions on how to "fix" this issue. Well, the issue has been fixed for almost 6 years now by a thing called Omen Threat Meter. Stop attacking if you're above 103%-105% and you're golden.

This Glyph is the only help i have in the LFR (i'm not going anymore because of....well..it's lfr..) there are some other tanks bitching about the aggro you do as a monk and they think that you are taunting all the way. and after i pull the aggro, they do not taunt when it's needed. so, with that glyph, no problem.
    13/13

Monk

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    I don't think I'd bypass Xuen on this fight, especially since he is up for Hero and after I Avert Harm+Zen Med a truckload of vengeance in the last phase. At least for us the wipes before our first kill were hitting enrage timer, and now that normal is on farm I don't see our healers needing the extra healing help.

I've played around with the glyph a bit and just find it annoying over all, I roll constantly and would just screw things up for me. One thing that I found tonight that helped a lot was our other tank picking up the DPS meta. I would still creep ahead in threat but made it a lot easier to manage.
    Eh, I already got my rankings for this fight, and with our conversion to 25m our healers do need help sometimes, and sometimes we're still dealing with people who've got a nasty case of The Derps, so sometimes we're ending the fight with 20/25 alive. As sad as that is I don't sabotage my DPS lightly.

For me, I felt like we needed it. We tend to go kinda slim on healers sometimes and I can pretty much top off a half dead raid with all that vengeance.

One possibility I'm considering is having two buttons: One rolls. One rolls+/cancelaura reatreat. It'd be, if anything, a momentary microfraction of agro loss. Haven't tested yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Clutch Rolls are far too important to me for repositioning to ever feel comfortable having GoRetreat.

You should go test my above macro idea for me since I'm at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Crevan View Post
    I would only use that glyph as a brewmaster on a simple stationary tank and spank fight. Anything that involves target switches or movement will screw you over.

I've seen a lot of discussions about vengeance giving threat problems on tank switches since Mists launched, and a lot of different tips and suggestions on how to "fix" this issue. Well, the issue has been fixed for almost 6 years now by a thing called Omen Threat Meter. Stop attacking if you're above 103%-105% and you're golden.

Well, Iron Qon is pretty tank and spank... at least on normal. Pull, stand, tornadoes, run, roll, roll, run, wait 10 minutes for boss to come down, tank and spank some more, etc.

As far as omen, that's been discussed in other threads, and that discussion can stay in other threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post

I can't see ever canceling Vengeance for any reason. That kills DPS output dead as well as healing and Ox Guard output. Stopping auto-attack for 3 seconds is usually more than enough time for the co-tank to take over. If I need to go all out for DPS needs, I will swap stances to increase dps and prevent over threatening but I've never seen the need to do that in ToT.

I could see someone using the Glyph for certain encounters if they also had Tiger's Lust for a clutch moment and planned ahead for movement with Transcendence.
    Last edited by Orion Antares; 2013-05-17 at 02:42 PM.

I save three rolls for getting out of windstorm and Xuen's damage is really valuable as well. I personally wouldn't recommend Chi Torpedo for a fight unless there were issues with using Xuen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trendy-Ideology View Post
    Eh, I already got my rankings for this fight, and with our conversion to 25m our healers do need help sometimes, and sometimes we're still dealing with people who've got a nasty case of The Derps, so sometimes we're ending the fight with 20/25 alive. As sad as that is I don't sabotage my DPS lightly.
    Well there is the clarification. The glyph/talent choices are good because you are adapting them to fit the weaknesses of your raid, which is fine. Overall though you usually will always want to have Xuen and for most Retreat is more trouble than it is worth.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    I save three rolls for getting out of windstorm and Xuen's damage is really valuable as well. I personally wouldn't recommend Chi Torpedo for a fight unless there were issues with using Xuen.
    If you're dying to a mechanic where the whole raid is stacked, and you're minutes ahead of enrage, I would hope that you'd do something to help the healers instead of worrying about Xuen.

If your healers are fine, or you're hitting enrage, keep on doing what we do.

If you're in a situation where some extra healing cushion would help your raid, refer to the OP.