Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Cool Tauren Druid "farmer" alt question

I intend to create and level-up a Tauren Druid specifically to farm minerals and herbs, so my main character will have a source of income (lol). I've read up that they make the best farmers for those professions, and I want in.

Now, would it be necessary to acquire all PvE heirlooms for it (the Justice-bought ones), or could I just the guild heirlooms and leave it at that? Feral seems to be the best spec for leveling, although since it will be a farmer I guess it doesn't matter. I could also make it Balance/Resto and give it the Cloth heirlooms left over from my Mage alt, or the Mail pieces from my Shaman (which I'm guessing would stay Leather on a Druid?).

Any advice for this endeavour would be appreciated.

mage heirlooms will be fine since u already have them. the armor bonus really doesnt matter and 5% int lost on a boomy/resto isnt much at all from 1-80.

mail doesnt change to leather btw for druids.. i dont think that'd work.

if you want heirlooms realistically u can get legs chest shoulders helm cape which is 45% exp +10% guild bonus for 55% total exp increased. the other heirlooms are up to you.

i have no idea how to lvl feral, but boomy can be quite nice with heirlooms for questing n such. resto is fine if you prefer healing dungeons all day as well.

if you dont have heirlooms for feral i wouldnt suggest trying it imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    for a feral the main damage source is your wepaon dps, so using the 2H agi mace hierloom is a realy big plus
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    I intend to create and level-up a Tauren Druid specifically to farm minerals and herbs, so my main character will have a source of income (lol). I've read up that they make the best farmers for those professions, and I want in.

Now, would it be necessary to acquire all PvE heirlooms for it (the Justice-bought ones), or could I just the guild heirlooms and leave it at that? Feral seems to be the best spec for leveling, although since it will be a farmer I guess it doesn't matter. I could also make it Balance/Resto and give it the Cloth heirlooms left over from my Mage alt, or the Mail pieces from my Shaman (which I'm guessing would stay Leather on a Druid?).

Any advice for this endeavour would be appreciated.
    You're better off going Resto/Balance if you don't want to farm more heirlooms as the "mail" heirlooms are treated as mail armor even while they grant AC equivalent to leather.

Otherwise you're right about Tauren Druids being the best herbalists. Best miners maybe since instant cast flight form.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Druid is currently Level 15 and climbing, albeit slow without the other 'looms. In any case, my Hunter isn't exactly poor right now (I recently purchased Dreadrunner Sabatons, for example). Still I'm looking forward to the Tauren Druid's farming potential.