Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Herald of the Titans Grimord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Obviously blatantly copying from your competitor's is nothing new, but it goes to show how much more innovative Guild Wars 2 is.


    I don't think anyone is using Cataclysm as a shining example of quality and quantity of content. Wrath on the other hand had strong patches with casual, 5 man and raiding content at a decent pace.
    I'm sorry to burst your bubble but GW2 did not invent those "dynamic world events", they did copy them from another game...

    (plus, the events are only "dynamic" or "fun" for the first... 10 levels or so and then they just get repetitive and bland)

    Also, is my memory that shitty or the only dungeons WotLK introduced post launch were the 3 ones with ICC?


  2. #22
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    If you knew you would run the other way.
    Posts
    1,277
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Obviously blatantly copying from your competitor's is nothing new, but it goes to show how much more innovative Guild Wars 2 is.
    And GW2's Dynamic events are a blatant rip off of Rift's Invasions, but it goes to show how much more innovative Rift is..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2013-05-17 at 10:56 AM.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixLite View Post
    You forgot Player C : full PvP stuff guy entering a N raid or H Raid.
    He has poor performance, his DPS/heal/tanking is far below his raiding partners.
    C does not understand why, he has almost the same global ilvl than the others !
    After being desperate about his bad performances and the scepticism of the other raiders, he decides that PvE is just not for him.

    Oh... wait!! It's exactly the same than with PvP beginners. If you have inadapted stuff + low experience, you can't have optimized performance.
    Gratz Blizz for having taken 8 years to discover. Huge step forward for the game.
    That would happen if he doesn't grasp the concept of hit/exp cap. Other than that, while he would perform lower than his pve friends, he would still perform decently. Not to mention, "cheating" LFR ilvl check and etc.

    Now on the other side... a pve geared player in pvp... well... 0 pvp power... only base resilience... hehehehe

    That happened back in TBC when they introduced arenas and arena season gear/resilience. Ppl would farm the pvp gear to go to raids. Most of the time pvp gear, like weapons and gloves, were BiS (or the last step before BiS) for pve. Wich was stupid.

    The fact that pvp resil/power won't impact item budget should warn anyone of that happening again.

    Back in MoP beta when they came with the pvp resil/power idea. Lots of players warned (myself included) them that it would create 2 problems:

    1) PvP gear with free pvp stats (no item budget cost) would make pvp gear good for pve like it was in TBC;
    2) PvP power and Base Resil + Gear Resil would creat a huge gap right on the second MoP pvp season and at the end of the expansion would be stupid. And on top of that, would make the 1) reason even stronger (because of the increased ilvl with free pvp stats with no impact on pve stats), while the same would not happen for pve gear in pvp.

    Blizzard just ignored and kept going with their idea "if it pvp def/atk worked in swtor and others, it will work in WoW, but let's just make a few changes so they won't say we copied it"... their changes just screwed the idea they took from said games.

    Ok, they kept pvp gear in a lower ilvl than their supposed pve equivalent, but only that and heroic gear had no pvp equivalent, not that it would matter for pvp anyways since pvp power/pvp resil owns hard in pvp (but in a pve setting a pve player would need heroic gear to have the same "own hard" feeling against his fellow pvp geared friend in that raid thanks to the free pvp stat...) and that was only what they did to "fix all the problems".
    Last edited by VanishO2; 2013-05-17 at 11:18 AM.

  4. #24
    As this new PTR build is a release candidate, when do you think 5.3 will launch? This week or next?

  5. #25
    Herald of the Titans Syridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Outskirts of Lea Mondé.
    Posts
    2,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    So they basically copied the Events from Guild Wars 2. Good job Blizzard, the kings of originality.
    Because Guild Wars 2 invented the Public Quest right? Hilarious.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 12:52 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    And GW2's Dynamic events are a blatant rip off of Rift's Invasions, but it goes to show how much more innovative Rift is..
    And invasions are ripoffs of public quests, which feature in several MMOs before Rift's inception. Really, trying to one up an MMO based on a ''feature'' it supposedly invented is an exercise in futility.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Also, is my memory that shitty or the only dungeons WotLK introduced post launch were the 3 ones with ICC?
    They did introduce Trial of the Champion in 3.2

  7. #27
    Brewmaster Salech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    I'm sorry to burst your bubble but GW2 did not invent those "dynamic world events", they did copy them from another game...

    (plus, the events are only "dynamic" or "fun" for the first... 10 levels or so and then they just get repetitive and bland)

    Also, is my memory that shitty or the only dungeons WotLK introduced post launch were the 3 ones with ICC?
    Dynamic events are still fun after 6 months on a level 80 though, it's just people like you don't really fit into the game as you need to be handheld the entire way through a game and told how to gear and use talents.

  8. #28
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    If you knew you would run the other way.
    Posts
    1,277
    Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    And invasions are ripoffs of public quests, which feature in several MMOs before Rift's inception. Really, trying to one up an MMO based on a ''feature'' it supposedly invented is an exercise in futility.
    I am bad at trying to be sarcastic in my posts when I want to be. lol Not sure the true originator of the MMO as far as I know it was Everquest and if so then all MMO's since have in some form gotten their idea's from EQ.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 10:05 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    Dynamic events are still fun after 6 months on a level 80 though, it's just people like you don't really fit into the game as you need to be handheld the entire way through a game and told how to gear and use talents.
    And when you see toxic comments like this from the diehard fanboys, one can understand the slow decline of people wanting to play MMO's when they are treated like crap from others. The sad state of the MMO community in general.
    Last edited by grexly75; 2013-05-17 at 12:27 PM.

  9. #29
    In addition, on the art side, we’re also reintroducing the old world Dungeon Tier 2 armor sets back into the game as rewards for the revamped Barrens content. This enables new players to collect some of the older gear sets for Transmogrification without having to go back and farm the old world dungeons
    Are Blizzard even aware that they removed the original DT2 armour from old world dungeons? I wonder if they even realise how many items and bits of gear were lost thanks to the shitty Cataclysm expansion.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2 View Post

    1) PvP gear with free pvp stats (no item budget cost) would make pvp gear good for pve like it was in TBC;
    I'm not sure what did you raid on TBC but no pvp gear was any better than any pve gear because pvp gear was using a stat slot, so you always lose 1 stat while using pvp. My guild didn't accept players using pvp gear because it was a waste on raiding.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    So they basically copied the Events from Guild Wars 2. Good job Blizzard, the kings of originality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    Dynamic events are still fun after 6 months on a level 80 though, it's just people like you don't really fit into the game as you need to be handheld the entire way through a game and told how to gear and use talents.
    lol, "dynamic world events" =/= group quests, i hate to burst your bubble. Only difference is you can just stand there while others do the quest for you without them knowing and there's a meter showing your completion %.
    Last edited by Bahska; 2013-05-17 at 02:57 PM.

  12. #32
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    85
    Maybe i just don't "get" PvP but all that sounded like they are making lots of changes to make it better for PvE to PvP transition but we're not really changing much at all.

  13. #33
    So basically their philosophy with the resil changes is that people who are new to pvp get discouraged right away by better geared players.

    So because there are a bunch of people who quit right after encountering difficulty with something, they have to hold their hand with it because they really want them to participate. /smh

  14. #34
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    it's just people like you don't really fit into the game as you need to be handheld the entire way through a game and told how to gear and use talents.
    people do need to be told how to gear and use talents. People aren't born with this knowledge you know! Everyone had to learn it at some point. Just because it's not new to some people doesn't mean it's not new to others. If they are willing to learn then they do fit into the game. They won't learn everything overnight. Want to keep this game alive then encourage and help new players instead of berating them for needing help.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Are Blizzard even aware that they removed the original DT2 armour from old world dungeons? I wonder if they even realise how many items and bits of gear were lost thanks to the shitty Cataclysm expansion.
    You can also get it (already) from Darkmoon Faire since 4.3 with tickets

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulrac View Post
    You can also get it (already) from Darkmoon Faire since 4.3 with tickets
    I know that.

  17. #37
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    458
    You lost me at "the new Scenarios constitute the backbone of the Escalation patch". Sorry Blizzard but your ship is going to keep sinking as long as you keep shoving your failed scenario system down people's throats.

  18. #38
    The Patient Cipero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    I am bad at trying to be sarcastic in my posts when I want to be. lol Not sure the true originator of the MMO as far as I know it was Everquest and if so then all MMO's since have in some form gotten their idea's from EQ.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 10:05 PM ----------



    And when you see toxic comments like this from the diehard fanboys, one can understand the slow decline of people wanting to play MMO's when they are treated like crap from others. The sad state of the MMO community in general.
    Honestly, I'd be real happy if a lot of people did leave the mmo genre. The games were much better when they weren't mainstream, imo. Maybe it won't be good for huge businesses but the quality of the community would surely go up.
    I love MMO-Champion. Bring's out the best of people. Cheers!

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    You lost me at "the new Scenarios constitute the backbone of the Escalation patch". Sorry Blizzard but your ship is going to keep sinking as long as you keep shoving your failed scenario system down people's throats.
    Source please, and mmo-champion isn't valid one.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    So they basically copied the Events from Guild Wars 2. Good job Blizzard, the kings of originality.
    lol... i love these kinda people. You think GW2 was the first game ever created? What they are copying has been in games since UO.. and certainly Rift would be a bigger comparison than GW2. In fact, they have been in WOW before.... even before there was a gw2. It is just randomly spawning events.. compare it to the wotlk pre-event.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •