View Poll Results: As a Horde player, would you rather side with the Darkspear Rebellion or Warchief?

Voters
475. You may not vote on this poll
  • Darkspear Rebellion

    340 71.58%
  • Warchief

    135 28.42%
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
... LastLast
  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Thats just Blizzard and their bullshit writing, if someone must make bad decisions, he must go full retard. No exceptions.

    You are either flawless or mumbling waste of air.
    That's why Ben Stiller is playing Garrosh in the WoW movie.

  2. #202
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    16,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Was it working out that well?
    The Horde was suffering from severe supply problems, mostly due to drought. And the diplomatic mission sent to provide some relief got completely fucked up. (Though technically none of those are due to Thrall's faults)
    oh now your just over exaggerating everything.

    Before cataclysm, there was no mention of orcs being in a bad way, and I remember because I paid attention to detail back then.
    It was only once cata came around and Garrosh was thrown into the mix, did they make up some BS about how the orcs were having problems with food.
    And yet, where is it mentioned ingame? Has it a massive deal that the orcs were dying out, or just something thrown in as something the anti-Thrall Warsong'esque orcs who wanted any excuse to accuse Thrall's leadership not being to there liking.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    He views other races as weak or merely tools to be used. He segregated people in Orgrimmar. Go look up the lore a little rather than put some blinders on. The guy views his Orcs reigning supreme.
    Well, he is right though. Orcs and Tauren are the strongest races of the Horde. Do you honestly think Goblins are as strong as Orcs? You'd have to be crazy.

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    They specifically (poorly) wrote him to pander to the people who didn't do any of the revamped quest lines in Cataclysm showing him to be brash and headstrong, but capable of learning better traits (Stonetalon Mountains specifically). He mostly just wanted his people to prosper. Of course, now they paint him as an insane bad guy since MoP's release with the majority of his evil plan making no damn sense whatsoever.
    This is about right. Pre MoP, i thought he was awesome, and id totally side with him. But this expac, theyve written it so that nothing he does makes sense. He's literally insane and on a war path.

    At this point, the idea is that he's to be hated, not even slightly liked.

  5. #205
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    oh now your just over exaggerating everything.
    How is it an exaggeration?
    Orcs have been complaining about Durotar's living conditions since they got there. Then come the Shattering the situation became much much much worse.

    Hell the Horde supply problem is what prompted Thrall to step down in the first place

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 01:04 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    did they make up some BS about how the orcs were having problems with food.
    .
    how is it bullshit? Durotar is a rocky desert.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Before cataclysm, there was no mention of orcs being in a bad way, and I remember because I paid attention to detail back then.
    It was only once cata came around and Garrosh was thrown into the mix, did they make up some BS about how the orcs were having problems with food.
    And yet, where is it mentioned ingame? Has it a massive deal that the orcs were dying out, or just something thrown in as something the anti-Thrall Warsong'esque orcs who wanted any excuse to accuse Thrall's leadership not being to there liking.
    You can say the exact same thing about Garrosh. Prior to Mists of Pandaria he might have been a hothead, but he had honor. Then suddenly MoP comes around and he becomes a villain. I can pull the same shit you're doing. Yes, Blizzard sometimes pulls things out of their arse to further their goals. And when they do, people get upset because it doesn't make sense.

    I can understand you being upset it worked in favor of Garrosh in Cataclysm, but why can't you understand Garrosh-supporters that it works against us now? No, you somehow think it was always destined this way and you are incredibly smart for seeing it coming from a mile away. If you dislike Garrosh' superiority complex then you might just want to look in a mirror.

  7. #207
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,567
    Quote Originally Posted by earthwarden View Post
    The flying Dalaran was neutral, full stop (and Alliance until WC3), until Garrosh decided to use it for war.
    Dalaran was hardly 100% neutral.
    Jaina was openly hostile to the leadership of the Horde before even taking up the mantle.
    Plus she was using her powers to bolster Darnassus's defenses and investigated what happened, all before she even found about the Sunreavers
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by earthwarden View Post
    Again, the whole difference was the neutrality, and she evicted/incarcerated the Sunreavers, didn't wholesale slaughter them. There were few casualties.

    Also, the leader of the Kirin Tor himself died in the mana bomb explosion, so there's that.

    Lastly, there's also the matter of Jaina having just lost her whole remaining "family", her city being left a hole in the ground, and herself being disfigured by the attack, so that's some restraint right there. If she played by rules Garrosh himself had set, she'd have every right to level Orgrimmar right there.
    Disregard neutrality.

    She allowed troop movements in her own city Theramore to strike horde targets, horde she was always on about being friends with. Her city gets attacked (the mana bomb was horrific but from a military POV it had to go you cant let your enemy have a strong position such as that on your own doorstep)

    Fast forward to dalaran, shes angry at the sunreavers for sneaking the bell out from Darnassus. She broke neutrality the moment she left it and helps the alliance. Neutrality doesn't come into it. She was right to keep it away from Garry though 100%

  9. #209

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomial17 View Post
    This is about right. Pre MoP, i thought he was awesome, and id totally side with him. But this expac, theyve written it so that nothing he does makes sense. He's literally insane and on a war path.

    At this point, the idea is that he's to be hated, not even slightly liked.
    I feel that with MoP they just altered Garrosh' personality and turned him evil just so they could have a famous face be the end boss. Nothing more and nothing less. Oh wait, and to give the Alliance their glorious moment they have been whining about since Cataclysm. Still, if they wanted everyone to hate Garrosh they should really try harder. And it should make sense.

    Illidan suddenly becoming the main villain didn't make sense either. And plenty of people want him to return because they still believe he was more morally grey than evil. I can see the same thing happening with Garrosh if Blizzard doesn't try harder. Lots of people still aren't convinced he's truly evil.

  11. #211
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    16,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    You can say the exact same thing about Garrosh. Prior to Mists of Pandaria he might have been a hothead, but he had honor. Then suddenly MoP comes around and he becomes a villain. I can pull the same shit you're doing. Yes, Blizzard sometimes pulls things out of their arse to further their goals. And when they do, people get upset because it doesn't make sense.

    I can understand you being upset it worked in favor of Garrosh in Cataclysm, but why can't you understand Garrosh-supporters that it works against us now? No, you somehow think it was always destined this way and you are incredibly smart for seeing it coming from a mile away. If you dislike Garrosh' superiority complex then you might just want to look in a mirror.
    Sorry, I don't have a superiority complex, I just hate douchebags like Garrosh, and dislike those that like such characters.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Yep, there it is. Everybody despises Garrosh.

    I can't really complaing about putting the poor orc in Big Bad Guys skin anymore. I consider it lazy writing, ruining a once great character and so on, but let's leave that for a moment. Blizzard has pretty much stated "In Mists of Pandaria a figure EVERY player wants to kill and loot badly is Garrosh".
    He was talking about the CHARACTERS IN THE STORY, NOT THE PLAYERS....

    And you'd have to be incredibly naive and ignoring 90% of the lore to think that this hasn't been planned for years... or that Garrosh was a "great" character who's absolutely not a threat.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I feel that with MoP they just altered Garrosh' personality and turned him evil just so they could have a famous face be the end boss. Nothing more and nothing less. Oh wait, and to give the Alliance their glorious moment they have been whining about since Cataclysm. Still, if they wanted everyone to hate Garrosh they should really try harder. And it should make sense.
    This is exactly what im talking about.... Garrosh's personallity has never "changed" and he has never been made "evil". He's just an asshole from beginning to end, that is the whole point with Garrosh --a non-corrupted tyrant.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-05-17 at 01:23 PM.

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    How is it an exaggeration?
    Orcs have been complaining about Durotar's living conditions since they got there.
    You mean this?



    ---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 01:17 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Disregard neutrality.
    You can't "disregard neutrality". Can't stock arms in Red Cross tents and pretend it's okay if busted because "it's tactically sound, lol".

    Theramore was an Alliance city, clearly marked, the whole difference was that Jaina was to be parleyed with.

    Yes, that made it open for an attack, but it's Garrosh who started the total war on Azeroth, using methods previously employed only by Archimonde. The thing is that if you're using such means, Jaina would've been well within her rights (and had the ability to do so) to nuke Orgrimmar right back.

    Bottom line: Garrosh has it coming. Tactically sound or not, by using such means to an end, he started something he cannot possibly finish.

  14. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by earthwarden View Post
    You mean this?

    [COLOR="red"]
    "I've never been to my home planet, neither have I heard much about the benefits of living there. To be honest, most of the time I've been simply living with humans, so my aesthetics and culture is vastly different than the orcish one. Well, enjoy your stay in the burned desert."

  15. #215
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I just hate douchebags like Garrosh, and dislike those that like such characters.
    and how does a view point of haterd make you any better than him?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

  16. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    I dont see how not liking Alliance is a bad thing.....they are the rivals and to some, out-right enemies, of the Horde
    But the other point, there is more to Garrosh then "im a warrior, so i like war, the end". Hes a major character.
    Garrosh does want his people to prosper, or prosper and reach heights than they are currently at.
    "I wont let my people starve in the desert. I will stop at nothing, nothing, to enusre a proud and glorious future for the Orcs, and anyone who has the courge to stand with us"
    "Our suffering is at an end, when this war is won our people will see prosperity at last"
    Sounds some prison bloke straight from the ghetto, unable to do anything himself and insisting that "others are keeping riches from him". You're proud to work under such leader? Ow.

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Sorry, I don't have a superiority complex, I just hate douchebags like Garrosh, and dislike those that like such characters.
    And you can't understand that some people still like him. Others can't have a different opinion, you must prove them wrong.

  18. #218
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    . He's just an asshole from beginning to end, that is the whole point with Garrosh --a non-corrupted tyrant.
    just because he is a villian now dsnt mean he always was
    You just have to read some novels or look at some of early Cata to see that
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

  19. #219
    the reason garroshes character development looks so out of place is because there was meant to be another expansion inbetween "douchebag who is kinda good" to "me want conquer world"

    people keep forgetting that metzen told us that garrosh wasnt supposed to turn evil until the next expansion but that they changed their minds when they decided to make mists.

    if anything be glad, this means we get a burning legion expansion instead of another expansion about garrosh
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  20. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    "I've never been to my home planet, neither have I heard much about the benefits of living there. To be honest, most of the time I've been simply living with humans, so my aesthetics and culture is vastly different than the orcish one. Well, enjoy your stay in the burned desert."
    Point is, no complaining apparent. In third mission they mention it's hot to just jog through the Barrens for days butt-naked, that's about it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •