View Poll Results: As a Horde player, would you rather side with the Darkspear Rebellion or Warchief?

Voters
475. You may not vote on this poll
  • Darkspear Rebellion

    340 71.58%
  • Warchief

    135 28.42%
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Bloodsail Admiral Lostwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Under the couch
    Posts
    1,011
    I want the Horde to go back to their noble roots, with Thrall at the helm and..

    No, I'm kidding. I like the prospect of continues war.

  2. #22
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Many people really enjoyed the Cataclysm Garrosh, where he was the good guy,
    Was he really a good guy?

  3. #23
    Generally despised means lorewise. the players aren't mentioned with a single word. And Garrosh has done a lot to piss the other Horde races of. Also, they might remember what happened the last time when Orcs went for World Dominance.

  4. #24
    Bloodsail Admiral Lostwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Under the couch
    Posts
    1,011
    Quote Originally Posted by katji View Post
    Was he really a good guy?
    He was a douche. Sure. However, he did have boundaries and rules he cherished. That's no longer the case.
    Last edited by Lostwood; 2013-05-17 at 09:19 AM.

  5. #25
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostwood View Post
    He was a douche. Sure. Not a bad guy though.
    He was becoming a savage. Good guys don't slaughter innocent people.

  6. #26
    ATM I play a warlock. While I would certainly side with the rebellion - I can't help but feel its wrong for my character as a warlock. After all - isn't the whole theme of the warlock exactly the same as Garrosh's motivation? Power at all cost?

    I'd also back up the claim that Garrosh's story in MoP has been appalling in its telling. What they did with him in Cataclysm; aggressive yet making strides, learning and changing was much smoother than what they have done in MoP which feels like an abrupt about turn. Some of it has worked - especially if you read the pre-mop Jaina book - but it doesn't feel like it was their original plan when they initially decided to make Garrosh warchief. It looks like they were influenced by all the backlash over him becoming warchief but because of the length of development cycles, couldn't react to it until MoP and it didn't sit we'll with what they had already set up.

    Sometimes you should listen to your customers - when it comes to storytelling, I don't think you ever should. At least until you have completed what you initialised.

  7. #27
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,942
    Quote Originally Posted by katji View Post
    Was he really a good guy?
    he sure as hell wsnt a villian though back then

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 09:23 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by katji View Post
    He was becoming a savage.
    Partly ruthless, but only party "honorable" thats why I loved him in Cata

    He was agressive and headstrong, but still countless cases where he bitched at things/people for fighting in ways he didnt agree
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

  8. #28
    I side with the rebellion, even though I think they copped out because they tried to sell us Garrosh as a relatively good guy when they switched out Thrall, then 180'd on that. And why the rebellion? It has to do with the RP I do in my brain that I never share with anyone, especially since I'm not even on an RP server so it would be weird, but I play a Blood Elf and this seems like a good chance to get Lor'themar a little higher up there in political power.

    War can continue, but I prefer the political games and subterfuge.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

  9. #29
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    he sure as hell wsnt a villian though back then
    Yet his path was becoming malevolent and vile.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    then Blizz would just have that Goblin screw up
    We as players cant be heroes if there is nothing that needs fixin
    ???

    What are you talking about?

    I'm stating given the choice now I would rather follow that Goblin General than Garrosh onto the battlefield, because he is far more competent that idiot of a Warchief, hence I'm far less likely to get killed, dying a needless death.
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2013-05-17 at 09:28 AM.

  11. #31
    Legendary! Arrashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Beautiful city of Duwang
    Posts
    6,127
    Quote Originally Posted by katji View Post
    He was becoming a savage. Good guys don't slaughter innocent people.
    cough....every military leader in human history....cough...

  12. #32
    Bloodsail Admiral Lostwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Under the couch
    Posts
    1,011
    Ssshh. Listen.

    Do you hear that? Footsteps.

    Trassk is approaching.

  13. #33
    Brewmaster Otaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Suomi Perkele!
    Posts
    1,350
    Quite wrong you are there op.

    Garrosh only wants to wage war, Thrall only wants peace and prosperity for his race. And garrosh is about to destroy it all, turning horde back into the demonic force they once were...looping them all over again to life of hatred, deceit and slavery.
    Like garrosh has said in mop that he wants to use every possible asset to make horde more powerful...so hes guldan all over again, if a demon came by and offered him a chalice of blood that empowers the orcs he would definetely drink it.

    And that my friend, is very dangerous to the world itself. And peaceful society thrall and jaina had made was destroyed. The old hatreds were dying out until garrosh stepped in and all but declared war against the alliance.

    This is not about deathwing or lich king trying to destroy the world... but the horde is becoming the demonic force they once were because of garrosh, for horde its about not repeating the miserable history, losing themselves, and for the alliance its about survival.

  14. #34
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,942
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    What are you talking about?.
    just sayin lore characters need to be screw ups, otherwise we as the heroes wldnt have anything to do to make us heroes

    For instance in Isle of Thunder, the Blood Elves fail in almost every attack, only succeding because the player swoops in
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

  15. #35
    Varian is universally despised by Alliance players. :P

    And they cancelled the storyline that was supposed to make us like him because the "A Little Patience" scenario was badly received. Not because of the lore like they insist but because of the horrible execution of the mechanics in the scenario.

    For the topic at hand, we knew this was going to happen since they announced the end boss. As for lore reasons for the Horde races to hate him:

    Orcs: A. He tried to assassinate Vol'jin, angering Thrall, who will rally the orcs who remain loyal to him. B. Chances are he'll try to kill Thrall in Orgrimmar, pushing the non-kor'krons onto the Rebellion's side.
    Trolls: Garrosh tried to assassinate Vol'jin.
    Tauren: Garrosh tried to assassinate Vol'jin and kill Anduin. (Whom Baine regards as a brother)
    Forsaken: Do they really need a reason?
    Goblins: He doesn't pay them the amount he promised for digging up Y'shaarj's heart.
    Pandaren: Ji has never agreed with Garrosh's segregation.

    Blood Elves are the only wildcard. I assume it has to do with the fact Garrosh is the main cause behind the Sunreaver situation, by having the Sunreavers betray the Kirin'tor in the first place. Lor'themar also seemed a bit... disturbed by the news Garrosh tried to have Vol'jin assassinated.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Even as a big fan of Vol'Jin, I think that Garrosh is a better Warchief than Thrall. I think that the current arc is catering to the whine of the Thrall fans. Garrosh had so much potential before Blizzard started back tracking and pushing Thrall back into the spotlight.

    Voj'Jin and the rest of the Horde should have dealt with Garrosh on their own instead of Conspiring together with the Alliance.
    He had a lot of potential which they fucked up right during the Pre wrath event. He went from EMO boy to ROAR IMMA WARCHIEF BETTER THAN YOU.

    He has bounced between raging twat to "honour never forsake it" to "enslave these beasts force them to fight oh lets slaughter some poor sailors who ran aground and let some live to tell the tale" oh and now we get "lets bomb them with this super weapon in the same way I dismissed my own general for doing so in the last expac)

    guys a fucking trian wreck of writing. They wanted a young orc who could be a warrior hero for horde players and they ended up making a mess of him.

    I can't wait to loot this twats head and present it to the REAL warchief. Zug zug thrall zug zug.

  17. #37
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    The old hatreds were dying out
    no they werent

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 09:31 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Garrosh only wants to wage war
    there are many more reasons and motivations than just that
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Varian is universally despised by Alliance players. :P

    And they cancelled the storyline that was supposed to make us like him because the "A Little Patience" scenario was badly received. Not because of the lore like they insist but because of the horrible execution of the mechanics in the scenario.

    As for lore reasons for the Horde races:

    Trolls: Garrosh tried to assassinate Vol'jin.
    Tauren: Garrosh tried to assassinate Vol'jin and kill Anduin. (Whom Baine regards as a brother)
    Forsaken: Do they really need a reason?
    Goblins: He doesn't pay them the amount he promised for digging up Y'shaarj's heart.
    Pandaren: Ji has never agreed with Garrosh's segregation.

    Blood Elves are the only wildcard. I assume it has to do with the fact Garrosh is the main cause behind the Sunreaver situation, by having the Sunreavers betray the Kirin'tor in the first place. Lor'themar also seemed a bit... disturbed by the news Garrosh tried to have Vol'jin assassinated.
    Also blood elves had silvermoon infested by some sha and a fair few belves died trying to get Garrosh his stuff. They really don't like him.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    just sayin lore characters need to be screw ups, otherwise we as the heroes wldnt have anything to do to make us heroes

    For instance in Isle of Thunder, the Blood Elves fail in almost every attack, only succeding because the player swoops in
    When did I assert that I wish Garrosh wasn't an idiot?

    I was just using the example of the Goblin General to emphasis how low my opinion of his leadership ability is.

    And when did the BEs fail? We were just there to join the fight as they make their way in.

  20. #40
    Brewmaster Otaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Suomi Perkele!
    Posts
    1,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    cough....every military leader in human history....cough...
    who said military leaders are good guys?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •