View Poll Results: As a Horde player, would you rather side with the Darkspear Rebellion or Warchief?

Voters
475. You may not vote on this poll
  • Darkspear Rebellion

    340 71.58%
  • Warchief

    135 28.42%
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    I am Murloc! Arrashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Beautiful city of Duwang
    Posts
    5,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    who said military leaders are good guys?
    Protecting me from being slave, having stupid religion, or being dead generally gets on my good side.

  2. #42
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    cough....every military leader in human history....cough...
    I wouldn't say everyone of them.

  3. #43
    Epic! matheney2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Even as a big fan of Vol'Jin, I think that Garrosh is a better Warchief than Thrall. I think that the current arc is catering to the whine of the Thrall fans. Garrosh had so much potential before Blizzard started back tracking and pushing Thrall back into the spotlight.

    Voj'Jin and the rest of the Horde should have dealt with Garrosh on their own instead of Conspiring together with the Alliance.
    catering to the Thrall fans? I haven't seen much about Thrall from most forums good or bad or indifferent about him not being warchief of his future. I don't know where you get this mass of outrage you claim exists about Thrall.

  4. #44
    Brewmaster Otaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Suomi Perkele!
    Posts
    1,345
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    no they werent

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 09:31 AM ----------


    there are many more reasons and motivations than just that
    Yes they were.

    Doesnt need to be any reasons, he still wants to fight the alliance which we have clearly seen in Mop, therefor hes dangerous to our society and that of alliance.

    Thrall created the horde a stable environment to live in, much like how they lived back on draenor before the demons. I bet most of them wants it back, being hunters and hunting stuff instead of warfare all the time.
    Some do like war, but its because they have been brainwashed into it by too much of it.

  5. #45
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Even as a big fan of Vol'Jin, I think that Garrosh is a better Warchief than Thrall. I think that the current arc is catering to the whine of the Thrall fans. Garrosh had so much potential before Blizzard started back tracking and pushing Thrall back into the spotlight.

    Voj'Jin and the rest of the Horde should have dealt with Garrosh on their own instead of Conspiring together with the Alliance.
    people make up bs about this all the time. 'I think Garrosh was a better warchief then Thrall because Garrosh brought WARRRRRRR to the game', thats all you have to build upon. Nevermind that Thrall built the horde we have now, freed the orcs, had every race in the horde (save the pandaren) brought into it, and yet even then, you convince yourselves Garrosh was better.

    But I've learned you can't teach people the lessons this has taught, it goes over the heads so easily and they delude themselves with half truths and fabrications.

    Was Thrall a great warchief? yes, he was. Was he a perfect warchief? NOBODY IS PERFECT. But of all those who have been warchief, he has been the only one to do good for the horde without war lust, greed or corruption being what lead him.

  6. #46
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Yes they were.
    The Horde and Alliance have a very very very bumpy history. People do not easily forgive and forget

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 09:42 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Thrall created the horde a stable environment to live in, .
    some Orcs would argue against that..
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

  7. #47
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Partly ruthless, but only party "honorable" thats why I loved him in Cata

    He was agressive and headstrong, but still countless cases where he bitched at things/people for fighting in ways he didnt agree
    He was ruthless in Cataclysm -- killing innocent people wont make you honorable. WotLK on the other hand, shows him helping the Horde in various ways. He was headstrong then, but was on a personal journey for endless bloodlust.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    So, I've got a question. Blizzard pretty much stated that every Horde player and their mother wants to see Garrosh dead (lorewise). That they want to kill Garrosh more than, for example, him leading a charge on Stormwind. So - is Blizzard right or wrong? If Horde players had a choice, would they pick the side of the Rebellion or the Warchief?
    They are wrong, even if I'm the minority. I would side with Garrosh in a heartbeat. Screw that lame ass Vol'jin, committing insubordination and all that.

    I'd rather fight WITH Garrosh and Siege Stormwind than to kill my own leader. What were they thinking?
    Either they should have made it a lot more obvious that Garrosh is evil, and actually explain why. But for now they horribly failed.

  9. #49
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,816
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    catering to the Thrall fans? I haven't seen much about Thrall from most forums good or bad or indifferent about him not being warchief of his future. I don't know where you get this mass of outrage you claim exists about Thrall.
    Because people like this are so deluded about the whole story they fabricate everything.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by katji View Post
    Yet his path was becoming malevolent and vile.
    Your choice of rolling a panda is malevolent and vile.

  11. #51
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,816
    Some fact the Garrosh fans don't want to accept, even now are:

    - Garrosh didn't build the horde, and all he did was an extention of orcish rule, and he didn't give a shit about any other horde race
    - He cost more lives in his war, without any positive outcome.
    - His want for making orcs the dominate race on azeroth, has now caused every other race to despise orcs, who we are now set to fight.
    - Everything Garrosh tried to build is set to crumble, not just by the alliance, but the rest of the horde itself.

  12. #52
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Doesnt need to be any reasons, he still wants to fight the alliance which we have clearly seen in Mop, therefor hes dangerous to our society and that of alliance.
    I dont see how not liking Alliance is a bad thing.....they are the rivals and to some, out-right enemies, of the Horde

    But the other point, there is more to Garrosh then "im a warrior, so i like war, the end". Hes a major character.
    Garrosh does want his people to prosper, or prosper and reach heights than they are currently at.
    "I wont let my people starve in the desert. I will stop at nothing, nothing, to enusre a proud and glorious future for the Orcs, and anyone who has the courge to stand with us"
    "Our suffering is at an end, when this war is won our people will see prosperity at last"

    And another, which to me is his biggest motivation, is the lust for glory. Garrosh lives under the shadow of his father, a legacy he feels he needs to match or exceed.
    Which is ironic in a way, since Garrosh will definatly be remember, but perhaps not the reasons he is expecting.....
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

  13. #53
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    T
    some Orcs would argue against that..
    And yet now, because those same orcs wanted more, they will be left with nothing.

    Do you understand the irony of all this? Instead of making something from what they had, the orcs wanted to dominate everything, and now, they will be left with nothing.

    Thrall at least held balance, Garrosh simply wanted to take, until he pissed off everyone.

  14. #54
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,835
    Quote Originally Posted by katji View Post
    He was headstrong then, but was on a personal journey for endless bloodlust.
    I wouldnt say that was a clear-cut conclusion back in Cata or Wrath
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneOstrich View Post
    they made him pretty easy to hate. Sure there will always be people rooting for the underdog/evil villain, but I think most people will have a easy time hating him or atleast thoroughly dislike
    I don't even think he's evil. I'm not rooting for him because he's evil, but because he actually does anything in his power to defeat the Alliance and make his people prosper. How is the manabomb so much more evil than the sacking of Taurajo for example? Do the methods really matter? How is a manabomb different from a spellcaster killing someone with a spell? It's just bigger in scale.

    I think Vol'jin deserved the assassination attempt, because he committed insubordination and continuously threatened his superior. He's a hypocrit that can't take it that Garrosh leads with different values than him. He has an issue with authority, period.

    Cairne? Yeah, that was his own fault.

    The rest of the rebellion? The Blood Elves? Goblins? Tauren? They just tag along for the ride because they're pussies. They don't even have a good reason to hate Garrosh. And Sylvanas is probably 10 times more evil than Garrosh, yet we let her go about her business.

  16. #56
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    And yet now, because those same orcs wanted more, they will be left with nothing.
    Maybe if the Horde spent more effort killing Alliance then they do killing themselves........
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

  17. #57
    Why are you so sentimental about it all of the sudden? The game is storybased like any other game. Now apparently you don't like Garrosh being a bad guy, but it's the way it is. Garrosh is an NPC with a story which is now in the phase where his pride and honor does not stand with the rest of the Horde, so the rebellion is a logical effect.

    Also it's like you are saying they pulled this off all of the sudden in the last 2 days.......

  18. #58
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Your choice of rolling a panda is malevolent and vile.
    I'm glad you think I'm cute. Don't detrail the thread by trolling? /highpaw

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    I wouldnt say that was a clear-cut conclusion back in Cata or Wrath
    It seems pretty clear to me.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneOstrich View Post
    they made him pretty easy to hate. Sure there will always be people rooting for the underdog/evil villain, but I think most people will have a easy time hating him or atleast thoroughly dislike
    Yupe. Villains can only "likeable" when they have some "redeeming" quality, such as incredible charisma, a tragic past that turned them into the monsters that they are or have noble intentions but going about things in a misguided manner.

    Garrosh is an all out 1D asshole - typical of Blizzard's villains.

  20. #60
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Condemner View Post
    Why are you so sentimental about it all of the sudden? The game is storybased like any other game. Now apparently you don't like Garrosh being a bad guy, but it's the way it is. Garrosh is an NPC with a story which is now in the phase where his pride and honor does not stand with the rest of the Horde, so the rebellion is a logical effect.

    Also it's like you are saying they pulled this off all of the sudden in the last 2 days.......
    Thats because there are so many players in wow's community who never bother to delve into the story itself, and who simply create token stereotypes of the characters in the game. They don't know how the story has progressed, or bothered to read into it how the character has slowly become this corrupted tyrant, they only see from a very limited perspective of character, and then when the character is actually revealed as a bad guy, its a shock to them 'Wuh, where did dat come fromz?'

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 10:59 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Maybe if the Horde spent more effort killing Alliance then they do killing themselves........
    They did that, and nothing ever came of it, and it cost the lives of so many with nothing to show for it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •