Poll: As a Horde player, would you rather side with the Darkspear Rebellion or Warchief?

Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

Warchief being "universally despised" by Horde playerbase

Blizzard Insider: How does Escalation fit into the larger story arc for Mists of Pandaria®?

Tom Chilton: Patch 5.3 tells the story of what’s been happening on the Kalimdor home front while the continent of Pandaria was being explored across the South Seas. As the name implies, the core conflict revolves around Garrosh Hellscream and his escalating war efforts. Of course, the Alliance opposes Garrosh—for obvious reasons—but now even large factions of the Horde have turned on Garrosh as well. They’ve grown tired of his constant warmongering, and so Vol’jin leads the Darkspear trolls in open rebellion against their former war chief. Garrosh seems to be universally despised, so now players on both sides of the Horde and Alliance will soon get a chance to take a swing at him.
    Yep, there it is. Everybody despises Garrosh.

I can't really complaing about putting the poor orc in Big Bad Guys skin anymore. I consider it lazy writing, ruining a once great character and so on, but let's leave that for a moment. Blizzard has pretty much stated "In Mists of Pandaria a figure EVERY player wants to kill and loot badly is Garrosh".

I remind you, Blizzard has yet to come to the most evil conclusions with Garrosh, such as, I don't know, him draining the blood and essence of virgin dragon aspects and infusing it into enslaved elementals that would prefer to be with their families. I mean, Garrosh has yet to threaten the world, right now he is just acting like an asshole. The Horde has to go with the Rebellion, not because they want to achieve greater good, but because they don't like the Warchief. And working side to side with the Alliance to accomplish it. Yes, the moment when Anduin will be our quest giver draws near. Oh, wait.

So, I've got a question. Blizzard pretty much stated that every Horde player and their mother wants to see Garrosh dead (lorewise). That they want to kill Garrosh more than, for example, him leading a charge on Stormwind. So - is Blizzard right or wrong? If Horde players had a choice, would they pick the side of the Rebellion or the Warchief?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Little hard to despise something you liked previously......
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Pre-MoP I would have went with Garrosh.

But in the past year they've written him to be despised in MoP, he isn't even the same Garrosh to me that knew of honor and is better off dead.

if they gave horde a sw raid and ally an orgri raid i'd roll 100times with this
    but i won't complain about rebellion and just go with t

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Pre-MoP I would have went with Garrosh..
    oh the things he coulda been.......

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 08:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    if they gave horde a sw raid and ally an orgri raid i'd roll 100times with this
    highly doubt Blizz will ever make faction-specific raids
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

If anyone sides with Garrosh, I will have them shot.

He is an asshole. The stuff he has done to Theramore and using banned elementals to destroy Northwatch is unforgiveable considering the current state of Azeroth after Deathwings craze.

Deleted
    Down with the bastard! Besik Kampfire for Warchief!

10+ Year Old Account
    They specifically (poorly) wrote him to pander to the people who didn't do any of the revamped quest lines in Cataclysm showing him to be brash and headstrong, but capable of learning better traits (Stonetalon Mountains specifically). He mostly just wanted his people to prosper. Of course, now they paint him as an insane bad guy since MoP's release with the majority of his evil plan making no damn sense whatsoever.
    Last edited by The One Percent; 2013-05-17 at 08:16 AM.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

The word seems means "to appear to be, feel, do, etc." And at this point in the story, that's certainly how it's meant to look.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping View Post
    If anyone sides with Garrosh, I will have them shot..
    how does that make you any different/better than him?

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 08:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Of course, now they paint him as an insane bad guy since MoP's release with the majority of his evil plan making no damn sense whatsoever.
    its not like it makes zero sense
    He is leading a nation at war. So naturally people look for any weapon that gives them an advantage or edge over their enemies

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hail Garrosh. The one true Warcheif!

Deleted
    they made him pretty easy to hate. Sure there will always be people rooting for the underdog/evil villain, but I think most people will have a easy time hating him or atleast thoroughly dislike

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneOstrich View Post
    they made him pretty easy to hate. Sure there will always be people rooting for the underdog/evil villain, but I think most people will have a easy time hating him or atleast thoroughly dislike
    That's the problem, isn't it? Many people really enjoyed the Cataclysm Garrosh, where he was the good guy, and consider making him an "easy to hate villian" a quite a nasty move by Blizzard. If Tyrion from the Game of Thrones would turn into a power thristy madman killing innocents for fun, and without any explanation, I would be rather pissed off.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Garrosh is being influenced by a higher power, and that his pride has gotten the best of him. He carries two common meanings -- positive and negative -- the death of his father and satisfaction that comes with being a warchief. He fights himself because he cannot accept inner peace. He was becoming arrogant, especially toward Thrall. While being warchief, his accomplishments reflex a much greater evil. While in search for true power, he found something darker within himself. The voices in his mind influencing as the the red blood turns black. I can say I feel bad for him, but without being humble, there is no end to his rage. Soldiers, kings, queens are protecting their lands in the end. So going with the Rebellion is my choice.

Anywho, Gamon for warchief.

Even as a big fan of Vol'Jin, I think that Garrosh is a better Warchief than Thrall. I think that the current arc is catering to the whine of the Thrall fans. Garrosh had so much potential before Blizzard started back tracking and pushing Thrall back into the spotlight.

Voj'Jin and the rest of the Horde should have dealt with Garrosh on their own instead of Conspiring together with the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Call me psycho but with every evil deed, with every blizzard try hard attempt to make him more hateable i love garry more and more.
    There are so many cool evil and insane things that guy can do !!!

I really regret one thing tho. How cool would it be if he had teenage daughter that would get hooked with maryduin suewrynn, get pregnant with him, and then garry would force abortion on her !!! How insane and evil would be that ? I mean now even alien species would hate garrosh, critters would hate garrosh, inanimate objects would hate garrosh !!!

I respect garrosh for being most evil being in uniwerse. He makes kil'jaden, gul'dan sargeras looks like pieces of shit. Like little children trying to act like adults. "Bitch please !!!" says warchief hellscream seeing they failed attempts. What a fun guy to be around.
    I really hope that we don't kill garry so he can continue his crusade of evil insanity across azeroth and many other worlds.

Also he kills trolls, in even bigger scale than us !!! He is our hero, who finally try to finish what we started the second we set foot in stranglethorn back in vanilla.
    Last edited by Arrashi; 2013-05-17 at 09:09 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    That's the problem, isn't it? Many people really enjoyed the Cataclysm Garrosh, where he was the good guy, and consider making him an "easy to hate villian" a quite a nasty move by Blizzard. If Tyrion from the Game of Thrones would turn into a power thristy madman killing innocents for fun, and without any explanation, I would be rather pissed off.
    Meh, didn't like cata garrosh either, probably because he be messin' wit my people mon. I disliked the bugger ever since he became warchief, also because he was ever so conviently put into power by thrall. hardly fair I know, but since when have emotions been fair

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oddly enough, I never liked Garrosh. When my UD mage was sent to meet him, he threatened me with (to paraphrase), "You will serve the Horde or die!". I didn't speak to him again for over a year and didn't do the quests until I got tired of flying to Twilight Highlands - doing those quests only worsen my impression of him; not only is he arrogant with an overly huge sense of entitlement, he is also a total moron in military matters; I rather follow that Goblin General (the one commanding the airships on the voyage to the Twilight Highlands) into battle than him.
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2013-05-17 at 09:22 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Voj'Jin and the rest of the Horde should have dealt with Garrosh on their own instead of Conspiring together with the Alliance.
    Or maybe they could have but a lid on their bitchin and worked together to kick Alliance ass, or anyones ass for that matter.
    Oh what could of been.......

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 09:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    I rather follow that Goblin General (the one commanding the airships on the voyage to the Twilight Highlands) into battle than him.
    then Blizz would just have that Goblin screw up
    We as players cant be heroes if there is nothing that needs fixin

10+ Year Old Account
    People act as if Blizzard suddenly decided to take a good guy and turn him evil on a whim, but who's to say they didn't plan for him to turn out this way from the start? Storywise they plan ahead expansions, and MoP is all about Garrosh. I for one think they planned to make him evil when they first introduced him, and I don't think they did it poorly at all.

The title of the thread seems a bit misleading. He didn't say that the Warchief is universally dispised by the Horde playerbase. He said that the Warchief is universally despised, and because of that players will now have a chance to take a swing at him. That's not the same. Garrosh is universally despised by characters in Azeroth, and because of that players (because this is a game and not a movie) will now take him down.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt