Poll: As a Horde player, would you rather side with the Darkspear Rebellion or Warchief?

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    MoP and Garrosh being the end villain is just another chapter of bad writing, something Blizzard seems to become much and much more skilled at each time.
    Deathwing's raid made zero sense, especially the Aspects suddenly losing power. The Lich King after being defeated suddenly showing his human side, even though Tirion destroyed the last remnants.

Bad writing seems to be the new norm. And now they even fail to make Garrosh a clear villain. Because I still don't see him as evil.
    Most people that hate Garrosh simply jumped on the bandwagon that started back in WotLK. "Oh he's a warmonger, he's like a racist hitler, hur hur." Yet, nowhere in the game do you see Garrosh being racist. It's all based on things that never happened, yet people imagine that they did truly happen.

If being hated by a small portion of your faction is a legitimate reason to become a main villain then Varian should have been killed long ago since the Defias were actually right.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by katji View Post
    It seems pretty clear to me.
    Yet there were points in that history that didnt show Garrosh as 100% villian
    Learning mercy at Stonetalon
    Learning what it means to be leader during the SHattering
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    But the other point, there is more to Garrosh then "im a warrior, so i like war, the end". Hes a major character.
    Garrosh does want his people to prosper, or prosper and reach heights than they are currently at.

"I wont let my people starve in the desert. I will stop at nothing, nothing, to enusre a proud and glorious future for the Orcs, and anyone who has the courge to stand with us"
    "Our suffering is at an end, when this war is won our people will see prosperity at last"

And another, which to me is his biggest motivation, is the lust for glory. Garrosh lives under the shadow of his father, a legacy he feels he needs to match or exceed.
    Which is ironic in a way, since Garrosh will definatly be remember, but perhaps not the reasons he is expecting.....
    I completely agree with this. I know Garrosh has to be dethroned, what he's done and is doing isn't something the other races will accept. But I can see why he does it, and I understand the reasoning behind it. In the eyes of the other races, Garrosh is a warmongering and evil dictator, but in his point of view he's just doing *everything* he can to make sure his race prosper, tie that with his father's legacy and all his actions becomes very clear. His major flaw is that he won't stop at anything to make sure his race is brought to "glory". All he wanted from the beginning was to live up to his father's legacy and bring pride to his race, but along the way he was given a role that wasn't suited for him (yet at least), and he just couldn't handle all that power. He was given more responsibility than he could handle and that has led him to what he is now. It's a rather sad story when you think about it, with time to mature (and grow less bloodlust-y) he could've become a great general and asset to the Horde, but that was put to a stop when Thrall handed him the role of Warchief. Thrall did what he thought was right at the time, as the younger Orcs didn't fully respect and understand the Orcs history, and under a non-Orc the younger Orcs would probably have tried to rebell. If it wasn't for Saurfang Jr's death, everything could have turned out perfectly fine with the senior Saurfang taking on the role. He most likely could've controlled the Orcs, and as far as I know, he has the respect of the other Horde races.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Not despised by the "playerbase", but the Horde - as in the faction, the npcs and the story itself. Major difference. I'm aware that there are some Garrosh fans (even though I'll never understand why), but they aren't playable, they are the npcs we'll fight in 5.3 and 5.4 - the player characters are not, and will never be Garrosh supporters because it's impossible to be in game - thankfully.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    They did that, and nothing ever came of it, and it cost the lives of so many with nothing to show for it.
    Which is why Im not too fond of this current story arc
    No matter who wins in this civil war, the Horde becomes weaker as a result.
    No matter which side, rebels or loyalists, any casualties both sides suffer is what the Horde overall suffers
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Was Thrall a great warchief?
    No, he wasn't. His role in WC3 was very insignificant and non-existent in TFT. Up until the events of Wrath launch event Thrall was just an NPC in Orgrimmar.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yet there were points in that history that didnt show Garrosh as 100% villian
    Learning mercy at Stonetalon
    Learning what it means to be leader during the SHattering
    Yes, I know, yet he was still on his little journey. His awful ways outweigh his grace.

Deleted
    of course he is despised by the playerbase, by all the characters in the game even. Why so ?

The Horde that was created by Thrall, consisting of the Orc's from the eastern kingdoms, the trolls from the isles that sunk and were taken with him on the ships and the Tauren they encountered under Cairne, thats the Horde that build Orgrimmar, not to conquer, not to rule, it was created to create home for the Orc's who had no place on Azeroth, the Trolls who lost their ancestral home and the nomadic Tauren who were hunted down by the Centaurs, thats what we did, what all of them did.

And now the praised War Hero returns from Northrend, Garrosh, the Mag'har who led the forces of the Horde against the Lich King, returns and is made Warchief.

How would you react as a Tauren or Troll, the Horde that you once called family and home is now ruled by a racist, by someone who not only despises you for what you are, he doesn't even trust you even though you are part of the Horde, protected it, build it.

The Orc's ? Sure the young Orc's could praise him, the War hero who saved them from the Scourge and even though, he destroyed what the Orc's take most pride in, Honor.

The orcs know war very well and they always fight with Honor, weapon to weapon with the enemy, Lok'tar Ogar, thats what every Orc child is told. Prevail in the face of unstoppable Odds, thats what Orc's are raised with.

Garrosh throws this Honor, this base pillar of the Orcish culture into the gutter, tramples it to death and spits on it. He uses a cowards weapon and dark magic to win wars that could have been won or lost with Honor.

And not only that, you are an Orc that helped building Thrall's Horde, the only case you are not one of them is if you're a Veteran from previous wars, one of the Orc's who know what happens if he leads the Orc's down this dark path.

You have friends among the Tauren and Trolls, you know them, you lived with them, you called them friends. And the Mag'har who was made Warchief over night starts killing them, distrusting them, discriminates them.

Only the most delusional, stubborn, crazy and warmongering Orc's still follow him, those who believe that bonds between race mean nothing, that every means of winning is necessary, that Honor is in the eye of the beholder and can be bend to fit the own believes.

Garrosh was made that way by Blizzard, he was made to be hated and the character deserves absolutely all the hate and is despised for the right reasons. He is destroying the Horde with everything he does.

Thats why the Trolls start the rebellion, the Tauren help them, even the forsaken help them, even if its only to strengthen their own ranks or shemes.

If you don't despise Garrosh you are a the smallest minority there is in World of Warcraft right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    I second this. He was already coming across as an incompetent prick in Cata.
    How so? He secured more land for the Horde and ensured they had enough food and resources to survive. How is that incompetent? Oh, you probably mean his actions in the Twilight's Highlands intro? Yeah, he doesn't always think everything through but instead takes action immediately. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't.

The opposite can be said about thinking everything through a million times. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It didn't work for Thrall who continued to try diplomacy while his people starved.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    No, he wasn't. His role in WC3 was very insignificant and non-existent in TFT. Up until the events of Wrath launch event Thrall was just an NPC in Orgrimmar.
    well thats just because story-telling in early parts of WoW were less advanced than now

10+ Year Old Account
    So was every other single faction leader.
    and, ha, your wrong but keep trying to convince yourself otherwise, if it makes you feel better. Funny how this current rebellion, nothing like this every happened under Thrall, and with it happening under Garrosh, people still convince themselves he was a good leader.. there fools.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Maybe if the Horde spent more effort killing Alliance then they do killing themselves........
    Well the only time the Horde ever loses a major war with the alliance seems to be because we turn on ourselves.

Personally I am in the anti garrosh camp (have been ever since the tool came to Azeroth and the upstart challenged Thrall)

The character I play though I think would certainly side with Garrosh given he is an Orc Death Knight who in Koltira's words would "live only for war" after the Lich King's demise.

Imo they need to flesh out a reason for Orcs to be in the rebellion, something to get us fired up that we join the Trolls against our own, and no an assassination on Vol'Jin isn't it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    MoP and Garrosh being the end villain is just another chapter of bad writing, something Blizzard seems to become much and much more skilled at each time.
    Deathwing's raid made zero sense, especially the Aspects suddenly losing power. The Lich King after being defeated suddenly showing his human side, even though Tirion destroyed the last remnants.

Bad writing seems to be the new norm. And now they even fail to make Garrosh a clear villain. Because I still don't see him as evil.
    Most people that hate Garrosh simply jumped on the bandwagon that started back in WotLK. "Oh he's a warmonger, he's like a racist hitler, hur hur." Yet, nowhere in the game do you see Garrosh being racist. It's all based on things that never happened, yet people imagine that they did truly happen.

If being hated by a small portion of your faction is a legitimate reason to become a main villain then Varian should have been killed long ago since the Defias were actually right.
    Let's see. He abuses the goblins working them like slaves. He is callous with the lives of his allies' men. He shows zero respect for the other leaders and constantly talks down to them. The guy is an orc supremacist. There is no question about that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Not despised by the "playerbase", but the Horde - as in the faction, the npcs and the story itself. Major difference. I'm aware that there are some Garrosh fans (even though I'll never understand why), but they aren't playable, they are the npcs we'll fight in 5.3 and 5.4 - the player characters are not, and will never be Garrosh supporters because it's impossible to be in game - thankfully.
    Thankfully? Look at the poll. So a good portion of people should just suck it up? Blizzard should have known better than to make a character that a percentage of their playerbase actually like into a bad guy. Nobody had any trouble killing the Lich King or Deathwing because they were clear bad guys. Not Garrosh though.

Garrosh was always pretty much an asshole though, is everyone forgetting this ?

Bring back the real warchief, Thrall.

He was building a city in Orgrimmar if you played TFT. TFT was the finishing of Arthas story into becomming the lichking. It was all about him.

In early wow he gave you a quest once upon a time and did warchiefs blessing from another quest. He wasnt involved much neither were other horde leaders. TBC we saw more of him and wrath we saw some more. Then it went over board in cata.

At the very least Thralls been a good warchief. Certainly the best there ever has been.

and, ha, your wrong but keep trying to convince yourself otherwise, if it makes you feel better. Funny how this current rebellion, nothing like this every happened under Thrall, and with it happening under Garrosh, people still convince themselves he was a good leader.. there fools.
    The current rebellion is an attempt to appease the Thrall fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    He was building a city in Orgrimmar if you played TFT.
    He was sitting around in Orgrimmar while Rexxar was doing stuff. In WC3 he was sitting around while Grom killed a motherfucking Demi God.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Let's see. He abuses the goblins working them like slaves. He is callous with the lives of his allies' men. He shows zero respect for the other leaders and constantly talks down to them. The guy is an orc supremacist. There is no question about that.
    Where exactly does his show zero respect for the other leaders? Calling Sylvanas a bitch? That was completely called for. At least Garrosh had the balls to say it, while Thrall probably thought the same way. Assassinating Vol'jin? Remember that Vol'jin also showed no respect to Garrosh, who is his superior.

Abuses Goblins? They even abuse themselves so who cares? I don't see a Goblin raid going after Gallywix either.

And the whole Orc supremacist card is getting old. It's completely made up. Please show me proof that Garrosh only cares about Orcs and nobody else.

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 10:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Oncereborn View Post
    Garrosh was always pretty much an asshole though, is everyone forgetting this ?
    Are you forgetting TBC and Cataclysm?

The current rebellion is an attempt to appease the Thrall fanboys.
    Even if it is I welcome it. Garry is a tool. Nothing more. He has an UNNATURAL hatred for the alliance. Ever since TBC launch event and beyond. Guys a tool of the highest order. Never should have been made warchief _EVER_.

Garrosh is better as Warchief than the likes of Vol'jin. That idiot barely looks after his own people, he would be a terrible leader to the entire Horde. Garrosh can and should stay unless Lor'themar is the one to replace him.