Thread: Heroic Jin'Rokh

Heroic Jin'Rokh

I tried the search function, it came up empty. What I'm wondering is if you can use Zen Meditation to soak some of the ionization damage from other players.

Seems it'd be kind of OP if you could, but since I'm working on it this tuesday was hoping someone with some experience on it would know. Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    Nope.
    The only reliable use of Zen Meditation is either soaking Ionization damage done to you (when the buff runs out) or during the storm. For the first case you should use diffuse magic and in the second case you shouldn't get hit by the balls at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    I use Zen Med during the storm when I know Jin's gonna be hitting me right away instead of the other tank. Not only can I just park myself exactly where I want to and rofl my way to victory, but it will also basically nullify his first melee swing after the storm ends (when healers are still topping people up).

The actual redirect portion of Zen Med doesn't really work on anything at all in PvE (apart from trash/add spells, including the casters on Horridon, but they should be interrupted anyway). Its usefulness lies in the fact that it's a short period of near-total magic invulnerability, meaning you can soak things that would otherwise do an incredible amount of damage.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    You can use as well Zen Meditation to soak 1 tick of Rampage on Megaera, but it's quite useless.

For Heroic Jin'Rokh I chose to use Zen Meditation on Storm if things go crazy next to you and use Diffuse Magic to dispell yourself and use your Detox to dispell someone else.

I do this:
    - 1st Ionization: Diffuse Magic
    - 1st Storm: Zen Meditation
    - 2nd Ionization: Fortifying Brew + Dispell
    - 2nd Storm: Diffuse Magic
    - Boss dead with you taking almost zero damage.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    You can use as well Zen Meditation to soak 1 tick of Rampage on Megaera, but it's quite useless.

For Heroic Jin'Rokh I chose to use Zen Meditation on Storm if things go crazy next to you and use Diffuse Magic to dispell yourself and use your Detox to dispell someone else.

I do this:
    - 1st Ionization: Diffuse Magic
    - 1st Storm: Zen Meditation
    - 2nd Ionization: Fortifying Brew + Dispell
    - 2nd Storm: Diffuse Magic
    - Boss dead with you taking almost zero damage.
    Problem is if your raid is inexperienced you'll want Diffuse Magic up every single Storm as Zen Med shuts you down whilst Diffuse lets you actually channel+cast safely and do a lot of output. Ionization is easy since you can just run out when the duration ends with Fortifying Brew or Zen Med to take very little damage.

Always work under the assumption that Zen Meditation won't work as a raid CD it saves more lives that way. It sadly works wetter as a personal.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

10+ Year Old Account
    I only pop Zen Meditation in case tons of Orbs are going your way and you've no way to survive or shit happens and you need to pop a defensive cooldown.

Ogait do you glyph it for this fight, or just pop it and eat them with the reduction?

Deleted
    If you mean the move while channeling zen med glyph then I use it for pretty much every fight It's not like we're wildly spoilt for incredible major glyphs.

Zen med does soak tick damage from the lightning storm - I popped it on hc JR last week during a storm and the stack counter slowly went down, at a roughly similar rate to the ticks of lightning storm, so yes it does work.

It's not a wildly powerful raid CD though - it's nothing like as powerful as some of the others. I treat it like a pretty long duration near invulnerability CD. I tend to use Diffuse magic during the first storm, zen med in the second, diffuse in the third and weave touch of karma in where necessary if shit hits the fan. Then again I'm shit at dodging the fricking lightning balls so I tend to save every possible CD for storms

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I do have it glyphed because I can move out of Lightning Balls while casting it and cancel before it ends to heal if needed.

Normally I only use it for 1-2 seconds when needed. But its kinda easly to avoid all the stuff on that phase.