Poll: Your opinion

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManglolSA View Post
    How many issues in the world would disappear if everyone decided to use condoms all the time?
    How many issues in the world would disappear if stupid people stopped procreating? >_____________>

EDIT: Not saying you, to be clear. It was just the first thought off the top of my head reading that.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Rubber until tested. I used to work in a field where I had to get tested regularly when I was younger, so I sort of got used to it. As much as a man can get used to doctors shoving a stick up the urinary track. Besides, at the point where the rubber comes off, one should be in a steady relationship already, and by then it shouldn't be much to ask for to get tested.
    WTF? Ive been tested for all std's twice in my life(been clean both times!) and I never had to have any stick shoved up my urinary tract...all I had to do was pee in a cup.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    WTF? Ive been tested for all std's twice in my life(been clean both times!) and I never had to have any stick shoved up my urinary tract...all I had to do was pee in a cup.
    I think sometimes they want to drain the urine directly so other bacteria etc can't interfere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    This is what most people don't get, that some STDs (chlamydia at least, not sure if others) can leave you permanently infertile.
    STDs are the most common cause for PID. Can cause scarring inside sexual organs and infertility, I was really worried when I was unlucky enough to get it, wasn't due to STDs though, came down with a really bad fever and real bad pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    I was really worried when I was unlucky enough to get it
    I got a spook myself, about a months after my longtime girlfriend and I broke up, I noticed some erm... spots? Naturally, I freaked out, and talked to her about it. She had a similar problem, apparently. We both got tested and... came out clean?

It turns out that one of us had contracted a fairly common virus that likes moist places. Very common in public places like pools and gyms. Also very common to spread via intimate contact. It cleared up after about another week or two, problem solved. But still a scare >.<
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatking View Post
    Not to cast aspersions on your partner in particular, but no man can know such a thing for certain. This is where trust and judgement come in to play.
    Basically. Most people will cheat if they think they can get away with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    I don't even think about it as a believing issue. As others have pointed out, you might be infected without knowing it. a regular STD testing costs about 20-30 euros (HIV, Hepatitis B/C) and will take a small/normal blood sample, in some countries you're even able to use a free test in health centres almost anonymously.

a full testing procedure might be an overkill without any reasons (e.g. uncertain past, dangerous working conditions [hospital], etc.) and will cost up to hundreds of euros, if you want to check everything out there.

so my standing:
    Until both are tested - with condom protection only.

All the unprotected sex I've had have always been with women who've trust has been built up to the point where I never even thought of asking. That being said that was when I was younger and overall number of sexual partner would be lower and now i'm getting on a bit the number of sexual partners will of increased with my next partner (most likely) so maybe it's something I'd consider these days.

I don't think I've caught anything with the minimal risks I've taken but I've never been tested specifically for STD's, only for hep C and syphilis because the dr at the time wanted to be Dr House and try and find something ridiculous.

I'm extremely careless about this, and I get tested pretty regularly, and I'm still clean.

I've been meaning to stop doing this, so in the spirit of hypocrisy, get tested together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    I would imagine you have already performed oral sex on eachother, at which point its too late for a test bc ur already infected thru ur mouth...
    What exactly are you thinking is transmitted via mouth?

In an ideal universe where people were able to be 100% objective about it you would get tested before sex, and periodically tested for the rest of the relationship. However there is always a stigma to asking a partner to be tested because of the potential implications.

But really, anyone who doesn't insist on mutual testing before going condom free (at a minimum) is really really foolish. It's like playing russian roulette for no valid reason.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post

Oral sex puts you at risk for numerous sexually transmitted diseases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I always make the assumption they are clean since I haven't been in a relationship in years it's not much of an issue to me though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catracie View Post
    Oral sex puts you at risk for numerous sexually transmitted diseases.
    I know. I was hoping for a more defined response since there is a metric ton of misinformation about the risks of oral. However I suppose that is derailing the thread so I guess I'd just encourage everyone to do a little google research to get educated.
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I always make the assumption they are clean since I haven't been in a relationship in years it's not much of an issue to me though.
    Uh, oh.. Do you ever test yourself? Before I got into a relationship I tested myself once per year atleast..

10+ Year Old Account
    People are framing this as a trust issue, like the options are they are either honest and tell you, or an untrustworthy liar.

It doesn't really matter how much you trust them not to lie to you since lots of people have STDs and don't realise it because they're asymptomatic. Your partner might tell you they are clean in good faith because they genuinely believe they are when in fact they aren't. They aren't lying and your trust in them isn't misplaced, but the trust in the idea that everyone knows if they are infected is.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Before I got into a relationship I tested myself once per year atleast..
    It's probably worth noting that (and this is likely a poor situation), men are probably less likely to get tested simply because problems are sometimes easier to identify with them. And men also assume women will say something because they are more likely to get tested anyway, on a somewhat regular basis, just from checkups.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use protection every time. If we're both tested and I know she's on reliable birth control, then we may have sex without the condom, but I want to see test results first. In the 1% chance I'm wrong, it's not worth getting HIV to avoid some awkwardness. HIV is a damned expensive disease.

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 05:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post

In an ideal universe where people were able to be 100% objective about it you would get tested before sex, and periodically tested for the rest of the relationship. However there is always a stigma to asking a partner to be tested because of the potential implications.

But really, anyone who doesn't insist on mutual testing before going condom free (at a minimum) is really really foolish. It's like playing russian roulette for no valid reason.
    If a girl can't handle me asking her to get tested before unprotected sex, she's DEFINITELY not the right girl for me. I feel no compunction about asking.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

I've been living on the edge(yeah I'm a retard) so to speak, been to the clinic once to get tested just in case.
    Not a fan of condoms tbh.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I like to think that anyone I have sex with, I know well enough beforehand to either A) Know or B) Trust them well enough to say so.

Of course, I'm starting to get to that age where I'm likely going to end up at the doctor often enough to just be like "Sure, tack that on while we're at it, why not"
    Same as this mostly. I am not really the type to just hit it up with a woman unless I trust her and this is something I most likely wouldn't have to worry about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I've never been in that kind of situation or even in a relationship for that matter so I don't really know how I would act. Right now I say I would want us both to get tested. We may feel perfectly fine but we don't really know if we have anything. Those kind of diseases don't really hurt so you have no idea until you actually get tested. It's like the saying: "I'd rather be safe than sorry."
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe