Poll: Your opinion

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    For me it'd depend on how long you knew the person and type of person they are, of course its better to be safe than sorry.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Both tested, go with condom until tested. I don't understand those who feel insulted when I've demanded they use a condom if there's gonna be anything, there's been quite a lot that gotten pissed at me for it, well, not in a relationship but otherwise. I've managed to stay free from STDs due to that, I don't even wanna think of what it could be like with the amount of men I been with if I didn't demand a condom from their side..

Would never let anyone go without condom unless I'm 100% they're free from STDs.
    You always sounded quite active or had been at some point, thank you for confirming my thoughts.

Both should get tested, preferably before having sex at all because as said a few times already, condoms aren't 100% effective and you can pass things via oral sex. Herpes and HPV are STDs that condoms don't always protect against, since it can spread to different locations that condoms don't cover, it can also be passed through oral sex, and is often spread when the carrier is asymptomatic.

Asymptomatic is why you should never take anyone's word for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    And even then, even if you're tested, there's a risk to catch and STD if your partner cheats on you. Seen a show on TV where someone caught an STD from her partner who she got tested with. She was shocked when she got the STD and heard her partner was cheating on her, from whom she got the STD xD
    Very much doubt my bf would be cheating on me though.

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeXan View Post
    You always sounded quite active or had been at some point, thank you for confirming my thoughts.

What..

15+ Year Old Account
    We both got tested quite early into the relationship. Taking someone's words could end badly, as said person might not know that (s)he has an STD.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

10+ Year Old Account
    ... Of course tested. If their word is good they'll be more than happy to do the test for you. How could they even be remotely offended that you want to be safe. I demand that all the people I date get a test if I feel comfortable enough to proceed sexually in any way with them, and I'm glad I have. As it turned out one of them had apparently gotten gonorrhea. Glad all I did was kiss the guy (closed mouth). Bit of a nasty shock for him, but at least he could go resolve some bad issues with his ex and left me to move on. I am always willing to go get tested with them (but I usually get a test done before I ask so it's on-hand for them).
    Last edited by Uennie; 2013-05-18 at 09:28 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeXan View Post
    I'm just going to sit here with a stern expression, and wait for you to realize the implications of that post.

Hint - confirming my thoughts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    I'm just going to sit here with a stern expression, and wait for you to realize the implications of that post.

Hint - confirming my thoughts

When someone on a forum basically says "Yeah I figured you were banging a lot of people".

Awwwwkwaaaarrd ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    When someone on a forum basically says "Yeah I figured you were banging a lot of people".

Awwwwkwaaaarrd ...
    Thought's are dangerous thing's ya know!

Quote Originally Posted by smegmage View Post
    If you're still getting a urethra swab as a guy you should find a new doctor/clinic and avoid such archaic places, that is old technology which is no longer necessary. Nowadays it's as simple as peeing into a cup and doing blood work if you so chose.
    Oh god... once was enough for me... was like having an umbrella shoved down my japs eye, then opened and pulled out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Would never let anyone go without condom unless I'm 100% they're free from STDs.
    The problem is the tests takes to long so you can never be 100% sure, unless you believe in whatever they are saying about it. I mean you can go test yourself then have unprotected sex with random person before the test results are back.

Deleted
    Condom until I know that they're clean. I have had unprotected sex a few times before with girls I've met on parties, don't think I'll do it again any time soon though.

10+ Year Old Account
    My wife and I were virgins so we didn't get tested.

I'm not sure,

Everyone I've been with, I know was clean because I know them,

There was one girl on a Spanish beach when I was pissed though, if that turned into anything I probably would of called the pest control

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by raechuul View Post
    If it feels awkward or it seems like the other person is shy about being truthful (I don't know why you would still want to have sex if you think they're lying, though), make a date to both go get tested on the same day. Use condoms until you know.
    If one doesn't talk about these things because of awkwardness or shyness, they really aren't ready to have sex either.

Quote Originally Posted by 0mnipotent View Post
    Hmm after reading through this thread I think I need to start using condoms.... I'm 21 and have had 13 partners, rarely using condoms. If they tell me their clean I just always took their word for it since well condoms suck. Still clean so I think I should start playing it safer.
    Hope you got tested and know for sure, since many STDs are asymptotic..

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I've never really asked.
    It's not something I've ever really worried about since I don't pick up sluts.
    Because it totally takes a slut to get a STD. Even if you're having sex with someone who's had only one partner who was virgin when they got together, that one partner still could've cheated and got STD from outside the relationship.
    Point is, you can never know for sure until you get tested. Don't fool yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by smegmage View Post
    If you're still getting a urethra swab as a guy you should find a new doctor/clinic and avoid such archaic places, that is old technology which is no longer necessary. Nowadays it's as simple as peeing into a cup and doing blood work if you so chose.
    Ah thank you, gotta change my doctor. Been getting urethra swabs for way too long now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    The problem is the tests takes to long so you can never be 100% sure, unless you believe in whatever they are saying about it. I mean you can go test yourself then have unprotected sex with random person before the test results are back.
    I've only agreed to sex without a condom aslong as I knew they were free from STDs, such as casual sex with close friends, with ONS it's always been condom or nothing for them. With my boyfriend he was using a condom until both had been tested.

Well when I first met my GF I did just trust her off the bat. She'd had a test just before we met at any rate it turned out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rubber all the way until we both get tested. I have trust issues so I don't really take "I'm clean" seriously.

Deleted
    I'm fairly surprised at how careless people are going by this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    I've got 3 bit of advice for you anyway; if you are under the age of 30 get out of relationships and rock out. My friend Ben told me you have to sleep with 113 women before you can even think of getting married (he got married later that year, hes on some next level shit) and finally if you are worried about birth control and live in the EU, don't be. Just make sure you have an in date passport and pick from any of the EU countries to avoid parental responsibilities and chill out in.

No thanks, happy being 29, married for 7 years but together a total of 15. Only had sex with him and have 0 interest in finding 112 more people to sleep with.