Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I think it does.

Without doubt Israel really has certain issues. (Essentially the whole Palestine situation could have been realistically settled decades ago, if Israel would have been willing to make the first step, halting and evacuating all settlements and would have accepted Palestine statehood, without mindgame preconditions.)

But when it comes to their regional foreign policy of bomb any potential threat, hide behind the Americans after, it is a consequence of their past experiences with their friendly populist/religious fanatic dictatorship neighbours.

It is a self perpetuating cycle that can hardly be blamed on Israel alone.

Assumptions that Israel would somehow want to cause a major international conflict for whatever reason is far fetched.

In my personal experience most people who constantly blame Israel for this or that or what not, usually also have a personal issue with Jews as it is.
    While I don't believe Israel will start any conflict any soon, if there were any country to spark WW3 Israel would be high on my list over potential firestarters. Israel is in an unstable region and they're very defensive. It has nothing to do with their religion.

Iraq and afghanistan was the last world war, many countrys participated however the war was not on a massive scale. Seeing another world war 2 type scenario given the united nations and so forth it would take a dictatorship regime to use a nuclear weapon to call the world to action. However, if I do get to guess my money is on iran, north korea and china

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokru View Post
    It's irrelevant who will be involved or when it will start. Certain is only that Israel will have something to do with its start.
    Not really. The most like culprit right now would probably be China and Taiwan, or North Korea and South Korea/Japan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailerist View Post
    Iraq and afghanistan was the last world war, many countrys participated however the war was not on a massive scale. Seeing another world war 2 type scenario given the united nations and so forth it would take a dictatorship regime to use a nuclear weapon to call the world to action. However, if I do get to guess my money is on iran, north korea and china
    China? No... I'd put Pakistan and India ahead of all those. Both Iran and North Korea are not going to do shit, as a lot of their power is in the war remaining cold.

---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 11:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Not really. The most like culprit right now would probably be China and Taiwan, or North Korea and South Korea/Japan.
    Why China? They already have a major say in world politics as just about everyone is dependent on their manufacturing. They would do far more damage, by just going on vacation as a country.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Well there are alot of people who can go into this war but before we go into a long ocnversation about this ill give you a little history on the wars.

WW1 was a very easy war for america and the other countrys who were with and against im going to put all of them in not just the heros of the story

Allied states
    Belgium (including Belgian colonial forces)
    British Empire
    Australia
    British crown colonies
    Canada
    India
    New Zealand
    Newfoundland
    South Africa
    United Kingdom of Great Britain & Ireland
    France (including French colonial forces)
    Kingdom of Greece (May 1917 and after)
    Kingdom of Italy (April 1915 and after)
    Empire of Japan
    Kingdom of Montenegro
    Portugal (March 1916 and after) (including Portuguese colonial forces)
    Kingdom of Romania (August 1916-May 1918)
    Russian Empire (until November 1917)
    Kingdom of Serbia
    United States of America (April 1917 and after)
    as well as:

Albania
    Andorra
    Armenia (May 1918 and after)
    Bolivia (April 1917 and after)
    Brazil (October 1917 and after)
    China (August 1917 and after)
    Costa Rica (May 1918 and after)
    Cuba (April 1917 and after)
    Czechoslovakia
    Ecuador (December 1917 and after)
    Guatemala (April 1918 and after)
    Liberia (August 1917 and after)
    Haiti (July 1918 and after)
    Honduras (July 1918 and after)
    Nicaragua (May 1918 and after)
    Panama (December 1917 and after)
    Peru (October 1917 and after)
    San Marino (June 1915 and after)
    Siam (July 1917 and after)
    Uruguay (October 1917 and after)
    ------------------------------------------
    Yes the were all in their everyonce in a while on and off some of them
    allow me to note that some of these countrys became part of germany after the war and they finished paying of WW1 in 2010
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Enemies Central Powers

Austro-Hungarian Empire (Austria, Hungary, and parts of the Balkan states, Bosnia, Hertzegovnia, Serbia, part of Montenegro ,and others)
    Bulgaria
    German Empire Germany and its states, as well as member states and colonies of its empire in Africa, Asia and the Pacific.)
    Ottoman Empire (Turkey and its empire

(dosent seem like allot but they had tones of troops

So basically all these countrys will or most of them will be in the war and they were all the same countrys in WW2 And america wasz dragged into WW2 and if they didnt go into the war the europian armys would of lost and germany would have all of europe cause they toom france and britain with a snap

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    While I don't believe Israel will start any conflict any soon, if there were any country to spark WW3 Israel would be high on my list over potential firestarters. Israel is in an unstable region and they're very defensive. It has nothing to do with their religion.
    Jingoistic is a better word.

It isn't anti-Semitic to think that Israel's warmongering leaders will, some time, do something stupid and our governments (i.e. the NATO members) will be blackmailed into helping Israel ("We'll say you hate Jews if you don't help").

10+ Year Old Account
    You are on of them folks who still blame the Jews for WW1 and WW2?

I cringe to have to be the one defending Israel, but it would be time for people to stop beating a dead horse on this topic.
    You don't have to be anti-Semitic to admit that Israel is a location primed for war. With the animosity between Israel and its neighbors, peace is hardly held together as it is. If the US left Israel, the rest of the Middle East would tear them a new one. And Israel has nukes. That would not be pretty. Israel would use them and I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the ME would be willing to risk it for the glory of Allah. Not bringing religion into it of course, but they are willing to die for their god.

I don't think WW1 or WW2 were the fault of the Jews, but the peace between Israel and its neighbors is held only by fear that Israel's allies will come to its rescue.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alc7 View Post
    [...]so imo the spark of war is where it was ages now.. In the heart of Europe. Germany to be more precise
    What's your logic behind this? For a start for WWI this is highly debatable from a modern standpoint. Seeing WWII would not have happened without WWI and only possible due to memory being fresh this fairly lowers the chance of Germany starting a WWIII out of the same pretext again. For a start Austria isn't Germany's main ally partner anymore these days that would be France and the US both forces opposed during previous world wars. They are also pretty much tied into global organizations like the NATO and lastly the EU and many scientific programmes. They would have far more to lose these days than ever because they would not be able to achieve economical autonomy of that scale any more especially since Germany is very dependent on foreign materials and resources. No, if any they would probably be the first to do anything to avoid a WW and more likely be a co-player of some bigger force as allied partner if a WWIII would indeed happen which can never be ruled out but one should never strive for.
    Last edited by Ravenblade; 2013-05-19 at 08:13 AM.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    You are on of them folks who still blame the Jews for WW1 and WW2?

I cringe to have to be the one defending Israel, but it would be time for people to stop beating a dead horse on this topic.
    He is right though, Israel is well known for being provocative, without the backing of the USA they would be wiped off the map in a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Jingoistic is a better word.

It isn't anti-Semitic to think that Israel's warmongering leaders will, some time, do something stupid and our governments (i.e. the NATO members) will be blackmailed into helping Israel ("We'll say you hate Jews if you don't help").
    You may not think it's anti-semitic but what you just wrote reeks of anti-semitism.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neufab View Post
    You may not think it's anti-semitic but what you just wrote reeks of anti-semitism.
    Its guilty thinking like that which allows Israel to get away with so much shit, anyone that disagrees with them gets accused of being anti-Semitic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Its guilty thinking like that which allows Israel to get away with so much shit, anyone that disagrees with them gets accused of being anti-Semitic.
    Especially considering that Arabs and Palestinians are both Semitic peoples.

---------- Post added 2013-05-19 at 12:51 AM ----------

He is right though, Israel is well known for being provocative, without the backing of the USA they would be wiped off the map in a week.
    Which is exactly why US backing is critical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    When Israel goes against Iran and Syria. Russia will join in to defend those, he has way too much money invested into them. Then US has to jump in to support Israel.

Will China jump in or just watch, thats up to them.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    There's a difference between disagreeing and slandering.
    If a muslim country tried the shit Israel pulls they would have been freed years ago, people are quick to slander the middle east but for some reason Israel is immune to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who's to say we're not already in WW3? With all this shit in Syria, NK, Russia, China, and everyone else we've pissed off. It could just be a lot slower build up then the previous 2.

---------- Post added 2013-05-19 at 01:11 AM ----------

If a muslim country tried the shit Israel pulls they would have been freed years ago, people are quick to slander the middle east but for some reason Israel is immune to it.
    Probably because they're on America's good side, for now.
    Last edited by Synros; 2013-05-19 at 08:12 AM.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Israel Immune to it? The guy I quoted just did it.

As for your claim about muslim countries trying something then you will have to elaborate what it is you don't think they'd be allowed to do.

On a different note what's up with the forum double posting and then removing both messages when you try to delete the second one?

Deleted
    Israel Immune to it? The guy I quoted just did it.

As for your claim about muslim countries trying something then you will have to elaborate what it is you don't think they'd be allowed to do.

On a different note what's up with the forum double posting and then removing both messages when you try to delete the second one?
    Use of white phosphorus on a civilian population for a start, that shit is banned by most of NATO because it is considered a cruel weapon.

Use of white phosphorus on a civilian population for a start, that shit is banned by most of NATO because it is considered a cruel weapon.
    So are cluster bombs but yet Britain used them in the gulf war and former yoguslavia, and lets not forget NATO forces used white phosphoros it in Iraq and possibly Libya as well. Get down from your high horse already.

Also, I can think of all kinds of horrible things muslim regimes get away with doing to their "own" people so I don't really think you want to go down that road.

Deleted
    So are cluster bombs but yet Britain used them in the gulf war and former yoguslavia, and lets not forget NATO forces used white phosphoros it in Iraq and possibly Libya as well. Get down from your high horse already.

Also, I can think of all kinds of horrible things muslim regimes get away with doing to their "own" people so I don't really think you want to go down that road.
    I used to think the JIDF was a made up joke, now I am not too sure.

I used to think the JIDF was a made up joke, now I am not too sure.
    Was that really the best you could do?