Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Neufab View Post
    You may not think it's anti-semitic but what you just wrote reeks of anti-semitism.
    Being critical of some of the policies of the State of Israel isn't the same as being anti-semitic. I got nothing against jews but I think Israel has done some things that are pretty destructive if one actually wants peace in that region. One has to be able to critize things without being called a jew hater.

Anyways, had to laugh reading some of the conspiracy theories now that both Russia and USA got the navy in that area. The US apparently got their 26th marine expeditionary force in Israel atm and the Russians have sent ships from their Baltic and Pacific fleets into the mediterranean sea. Of course that got the crazies going

Meanwhile Kerry and Lavrov met in Kiruna, Sweden this week(arctic council) and seemed to have some good talks about the Syria conflict. Maybe they got something cooking together?
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Neufab View Post
    You may not think it's anti-semitic but what you just wrote reeks of anti-semitism.
    No, I criticised the POLITICS of the state of Israel's government, not their religion. Go read a dictionary.

Israel doesn't want peace in the Middle East. If they truly did, they would be talking to the Palestinians, not bombing them, and they definitely wouldn't be telling the UN to bomb the shit out of Teheran because their PM can draw a cartoon bomb with a red line across it.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2013-05-19 at 02:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post

Why China? They already have a major say in world politics as just about everyone is dependent on their manufacturing. They would do far more damage, by just going on vacation as a country.
    Because no matter how powerful China becomes economically, America will always be seen as superior (in the sense of international politics, in their influence on other nations and on the floor of the United Nations) because of its history in the Cold War. Taiwan would be a way to call the US out, laying a shaky but somewhat legitimate claim and invading a place protected by the US, but overall so small and insignificant that the US will be forced to make a decision entirely on China's terms: let China take Taiwan to preserve the peace, and look like a weak bystander as China's influence and reach through the region increases, or risk an all out war with a nation that it is economically dependent on. That's a powerful move in international politics.

Oh, and China is more dependent on the US than the US is on China, so unless things change, simply stopping trade would destroy the Chinese economy.

As for why I did not include Pakistan and India... Pakistan is dying, horribly, due to internal corruption and strife. They don't have the means to go on the offensive. And India is profiting greatly from its current situation, and has no need to resort to war because their enemy is already dying slowly.

---------- Post added 2013-05-19 at 04:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    When Israel goes against Iran and Syria. Russia will join in to defend those, he has way too much money invested into them. Then US has to jump in to support Israel.

Will China jump in or just watch, thats up to them.
    The chances of Russia reentering the Middle East for a problem that is not ours is pretty much next to zero. We have plenty of problems on our own in terms of reconstruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    No, I criticised the POLITICS of the state of Israel's government, not their religion. Go read a dictionary.

Israel doesn't want peace in the Middle East. If they truly did, they would be talking to the Palestinians, not bombing them, and they definitely wouldn't be telling the UN to bomb the shit out of Teheran because their PM can draw a cartoon bomb with a red line across it.
    Talk about what? the things that are supposed to be talked/negotiated about are set up as preconditions for talks to begin with and then the usual PR show on every news channel "Israel refuses to negotiate", fuck 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    Talk about what? the things that are supposed to be talked/negotiated about are set up as preconditions for talks to begin with and then the usual PR show on every news channel "Israel refuses to negotiate", fuck 'em.
    Well, they could stop expecting Palestine to practically capitulate before they go to the negotiation table.

Well, they could stop expecting Palestine to practically capitulate before they go to the negotiation table.
    Tell me when to start laughing.

Deleted
    Probably around 2040 and it will happen on Mars. USA vs Russia vs China. I don't really think we will get along when we will find something valuable out there and we will have the option to travel to it. Untill then I doubt there will be any major events.

Quote Originally Posted by That Feel View Post
    Probably around 2040 and it will happen on Mars. USA vs Russia vs China. I don't really think we will get along when we will find something valuable out there and we will have the option to travel to it. Untill then I doubt there will be any major events.
    By that logic, why not fight over the Antarctic. It's still Earth, it would be still more "hospitable" then Mars, it's HELL TONS easier to exploit then it would be exploiting Mars. And we know that the Antarctic is loaded with resources.

Yet we still haven't killed each other over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's already happening, just not everyone has been dragged into it yet.

View Japan Vs China over Manchuria in the early 1930's, followed by Italians invading Abyssinia and the Spanish Civil War as a prelude to WW2 proper starting in 1939.

We are somewhere between Manchuria and Abyssinia at the moment I reckon!

---------- Post added 2013-05-19 at 06:11 PM ----------

Pro fact - not all Isaelis are Jewish, and not all jews practice a religion.

This is what is worrying the Orthodox old guard of Israel, that apathy within Israel will destroy the nation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fortunately, the old guard -- the greedy, warmongering, religious zealots -- are dying off. Once everyone who is 40 years-old or older now is dead, a lot of things on this planet will change. Poll statistics already indicate a good deal of this around the globe. God and greed will go the way of the dodo and eventually we will only be fighting over how best to save the planet, not own it, rape it or divide it up. Young adults are tired of the shitty world we have been born into...

Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    Fortunately, the old guard -- the greedy, warmongering, religious zealots -- are dying off. Once everyone who is 40 years-old or older now is dead, a lot of things on this planet will change. Poll statistics already indicate a good deal of this around the globe. God and greed will go the way of the dodo and eventually we will only be fighting over how best to save the planet, not own it, rape it or divide it up. Young adults are tired of the shitty world we have been born into...
    Until the young people get old and become the new greedy tyrants ruining everything.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    By that logic, why not fight over the Antarctic. It's still Earth, it would be still more "hospitable" then Mars, it's HELL TONS easier to exploit then it would be exploiting Mars. And we know that the Antarctic is loaded with resources.

Yet we still haven't killed each other over it.
    I don't know how a giant mass of ice classifies as "something valuable". We still don't really know what's out there. And I'm just saying, when something shows up, it will be a potential reason to argue about it. If we ever manage to populate Mars, countries will need to decide who gets what. Yet another reason to fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    That is true.

But whatever they do, every response will be vetoed by the US: http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/.../usvetoes.html
    Your point being what? The US vetoes everything because most of the anti-Israel resolutions exclusively take the underdog's side without any consideration of Israel's position.

---------- Post added 2013-05-19 at 11:57 AM ----------

Again, your point being what? Few of Israel's neighbours want peace either, both sides are at fault. But I'm more likely to side with the western democratic republic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    If a muslim country tried the shit Israel pulls they would have been freed years ago, people are quick to slander the middle east but for some reason Israel is immune to it.
    Wait what? The vast mayority of infractions and critic given out by the UN especially concerning human rights and such target Israel, there's about 65 or more. At the same time countries such as Russia, China and some others have received non or close to non because they are the ones bribing all the smaller countries to vote as they want to.

Israel is the ONLY real democracy in the middle east under constant siege by several groups out to destroy it and slaughter it's people with several nations having the destruction of Israel and it's people as their declared goal.

Yet somehow Israel are the bad guys and all the poor radicals, genocidists and terrorists are the misunderstood poor victims.

You didn't criticise, you slandered. Wild accusations of blackmail to come goes far beyond critique.

As for Israel not wanting peace then I call bs, Israel has made peace with all their former enemies who's been willing to recognize the state of Israel and respect their borders.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    My opinion is that I see the next world war, if it happens in the relatively near future (ie the next couple of decades), will likely be focused around the Middle East or SE Asia. This is simply due to the fact that these areas are political and ideological hot spots where you see small governments and countries taking extreme action. Additionally, you factor in that in these areas, the larger and more powerful nations of the world have vested interest in these regions.

In the Mid East, you naturally have the oil combine with religious fundamentalism. If a war was to be based in this area, I would heavily favor western powers simply because there tends to be more unity against such fundamentalism and a joint interest in resources from that region despite whatever interest may conflict on the part of individual western powers. Western military tactics, due to the vast open areas, also fit perfectly in this region to allow for superiority due to technology.

A war in SE Asia is what concerns me most. There are so many fragmented nations there that have high degrees of technology. Combined with nuclear weapons in Pakistan, India, NK, and others. A pitched battle in SE Asia could escalate quickly. The landscape of the region also leads to a more fragmented war that does not best suit large scale military tactics. Western powers have vested interests in various countries, but those countries differ. Additionally, you begin to factor in China in this area.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    I love it when clueless people are sarcastic.

China is economically dependant on the US, and the rest of the western world. If the US falls, so does China. How many times haven't you heard about "MURICAN JOBS BEIN OUTSOURCED TO CHINA" or seen the label MADE IN CHINA. Cheap product-making is one of China's great points.

That doesn't mean that China doesn't want influence in the world. China is spending a lot of money on improving African infrastructure, China wants it's own satellite states (such as NK), and they sure as hell don't want the US to have a satellite state right next to them, that's not a good powerful image. Oh, and an intimidating army to control China's neighbours as well. God knows why China tries to hack US infrastructure, probably power play as well.

Your most sarcastic line is also the most clueless. Iran, Russia and China is not the right answers. They do play a small part but there's more to it than just those three countries. Two, even, China doesn't want military intervention simply because they know, unlike you, that a) there's an economic recession going on, you might've heard of it, and that economic recession will only get worse if you start spending money on military intervention in Syria, which won't help China's export and b) whenever the US has intervened in the Middle East the long-term effects have always made the situation worse (see: al-Qaida).

And even if Iran and Russia doesn't want the world in Syria, they can't do anything about it at this very moment. Russia needs about 2 decades before their military can get technologically competetive with the western world. Iran could probably put up a small fight but they don't really have any reason to attack Syria, Iran just wants to be left alone.

That should cover it all.
    I love it when people are just clueless.
    When the U.S. broke from Britain, we did still have ties to their "economy". When the U.S. was invaded by Japan in WWII, the Japanese needed materials from us. When the South rose against the North, oh yeah, there was that "economical tie" there wasn't there?
    Don't tell me I know "nothing" or that I am "clueless", when you are clearly the one with your head in the sand.
    China couldn't give 2 S#$% about us, and they will come to fight us. As the old saying goes, there is more than one way to skin a cat. Look beneath the surface of the "economy" there is a massive black market out there. China is bolstering their military, why? It ain't to come invite us over for a friggin tea party. Why is it they have tapped into a lot of our infrastructure hacking everything from power plants to corporations? It can't be to steal anything we have if they "rely so heavily on 'murica". They don't "need" our economy, when they could have simply hacked in and taken everything.

Deleted
    USA vs the world ! Nah jk if there ever is a 3rd WW it will probably involve USA, Russia and China, all against each other with no tag teaming !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hanketsu View Post
    When the U.S. broke from Britain, we did still have ties to their "economy". When the U.S. was invaded by Japan in WWII, the Japanese needed materials from us. When the South rose against the North, oh yeah, there was that "economical tie" there wasn't there?
    Don't tell me I know "nothing" or that I am "clueless", when you are clearly the one with your head in the sand.
    China couldn't give 2 S#$% about us, and they will come to fight us. As the old saying goes, there is more than one way to skin a cat. Look beneath the surface of the "economy" there is a massive black market out there. China is bolstering their military, why? It ain't to come invite us over for a friggin tea party. Why is it they have tapped into a lot of our infrastructure hacking everything from power plants to corporations? It can't be to steal anything we have if they "rely so heavily on 'murica". They don't "need" our economy, when they could have simply hacked in and taken everything.
    The fact that you somehow believe the black market alone can boost an entire 1 billion population country coupled with "hacking the US economy" shows me you're not worth my time. Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by hanketsu View Post
    Your post actually does a great job of proving your clueless.

We embargoed the shit out of Japan and were starving them of natural resources so as to try and force them to relent on China. That economical tie-in was essentially dead, and it's "death" was the catalyst for Pearl Harbor. This is common knowledge, and was the worst example you could use.

So, what exactly does China have to gain by attacking the U.S. and mortally wounding their own economy? The answer is not a goddamn thing and your living in pure paranoia.