Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    The Insane Bakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    15,313
    It will be about either natural resources or specifically fresh water.
    Between who I have no idea cos I think at least 50% of the involved will be countries not yet existing.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by mafao View Post
    Russia doesn't have any serious military power (save for their a-bombs, if they are even functional) and if they continue like this then 10-20 years from now they also won't have any natural resources left to fight a war with. Its another problem that Russians are buying up property all over Europe. And anyway, in the case of a war like that, who will support Russia? China? They are keen to have Russian territories in the first place.
    I'm not sure you've been keeping up with Russia's military policies.

    Ever since Georgia they've been rebuilding their military from the ground up.

    Here's some more reading material:

    http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/russia-up...ning-military/

    And their Military-Industrial Complex, which once survived on exports, is finding itself increasingly driven by domestic demand.

    Putin isn't fucking around. He's determined to kick the US out of what he deems Russia's sphere of influence.

  3. #43
    Legendary! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    6,270
    It wont otherwise were all fucked. We all know damn well the nukes would fly the second it looked like any country was being conquered, once one is launched thats a gateway for the rest. GG earth basicly.

  4. #44
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    cyprus
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Themerlin View Post
    Russia has a considerable army...not as overindulgent as the US (btw this will be US's downfall, when the rest of the world sees us not as peace keepers, but bulllies). And btw, the actual nature of war is changing, our tools are getting better, and no need to have a phalisized 1bil countach of a boat, to cary soldiers to new and beautifull places. World is getting smaller and cramped.

    which part of the world sees US as peace keepers ????????

  5. #45
    Oooh it seems there's an entire wiki article on Russia's military reform.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 01:17 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Alc7 View Post
    which part of the world sees US as peace keepers ????????
    One would hope it's the part that enjoys conflict-free trade around the world.

  6. #46
    The Unstoppable Force RICH816's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    21,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    I'm not sure you've been keeping up with Russia's military policies.

    Ever since Georgia they've been rebuilding their military from the ground up.

    Here's some more reading material:

    http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/russia-up...ning-military/

    And their Military-Industrial Complex, which once survived on exports, is finding itself increasingly driven by domestic demand.

    Putin isn't fucking around. He's determined to kick the US out of what he deems Russia's sphere of influence.
    Indeed, the Russian Military is currently behind most of NATO, but in the next decade or 2 I fully expect them to have caught up.

  7. #47
    The Insane Bakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    15,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Oooh it seems there's an entire wiki article on Russia's military reform.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 01:17 PM ----------



    One would hope it's the part that enjoys conflict-free trade around the world.
    Heh hah pfff is all I can say to that

  8. #48
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    236
    My view is that the next major conflict although it may be couched in a nationalistic cloak could well be between major corporations. I see a future where governments fall particularly in the US and states become corporate entities. I'm sure this sort of goes on in a cloak and dagger way at the moment but I think private armies or sponsored armies could be the future.

    Incoming Mc Ds... gas, gas, gas!!!

  9. #49
    Titan Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    13,804
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Indeed, the Russian Military is currently behind most of NATO, but in the next decade or 2 I fully expect them to have caught up.
    Still not worried about it though. Even at the height of their power during the Cold War, the USSR did not dare attack the US (or the US attack the USSR) because they knew such a war would destroy them. Even with the fall of the Soviet Union, that has not changed. MAD still exists.

    If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

  10. #50
    The Unstoppable Force RICH816's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    21,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Still not worried about it though. Even at the height of their power during the Cold War, the USSR did not dare attack the US (or the US attack the USSR) because they knew such a war would destroy them. Even with the fall of the Soviet Union, that has not changed. MAD still exists.
    Nope, but non NATO countries need to be worried, I am looking at you Sweden.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Indeed, the Russian Military is currently behind most of NATO, but in the next decade or 2 I fully expect them to have caught up.
    If you look at the Naval section, they're even intent on bolstering their power projection.

    Am I the only one who's excited for Putin's plans to come to fruition? It's been a while since the world has seen real competition between 2 super powers. I'm not talking about war. I'm talking about a nation who has both the will to say "no" to the United States and the power to back it up should we insist. There is no current entity with that capability... and such opposition is an important one to have.

  12. #52
    Dreadlord Amirila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In a tree, watching everything
    Posts
    972
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Next World War will be Sweden vs Denmark. It's time to settle this once and for all.
    While we're at it, why not throw in Norway in the mix.

  13. #53
    The Unstoppable Force RICH816's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    21,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    If you look at the Naval section, they're even intent on bolstering their power projection.

    Am I the only one who's excited for Putin's plans to come to fruition? It's been a while since the world has seen real competition between 2 super powers. I'm not talking about war. I'm talking about a nation who has both the will to say "no" to the United States and the power to back it up should we insist. There is no current entity with that capability... and such opposition is an important one to have.
    As long as this happens after i retire, I have no desire to become another Cold War warrior, those guys are the most boring and bitter veterans you could ever meet.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Still not worried about it though. Even at the height of their power during the Cold War, the USSR did not dare attack the US (or the US attack the USSR) because they knew such a war would destroy them. Even with the fall of the Soviet Union, that has not changed. MAD still exists.
    That's the point. It's not something to be WORRIED about but something to be WELCOMED.

    The greatest advances in human history were made during a time when the world's 2 superpowers were fighting with each other to see who was the biggest, best, smartest and strongest. Now the US competes with no one.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 01:35 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    As long as this happens after i retire, I have no desire to become another Cold War warrior, those guys are the most boring and bitter veterans you could ever meet.
    Given the fact that the internet exists (And thus, the Iron Curtain cannot) I doubt we'll have a cold war. Unless Putin tries to extend Russia's influence into areas that are quite obviously out of its sphere of influence (Such as Japan).

  15. #55
    I don't think it will be nations but sunni vs shia throughout the middle east dividing countries. Maybe not a world war but if that happens and oil becomes scarce because of it then who knows what else could happen.

    So much hatred is being built up between them with all the bombing and revenge. They really seem to hate each other much more then they hate us.

  16. #56
    Dreadlord Themerlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    In the empty cookie jar.
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by Alc7 View Post
    which part of the world sees US as peace keepers ????????
    Maybe not as peace keepers, you are right. After what NATO did with bosnia, elegally bombing former Yugoslavia, and propagating the illegal war that was Iraq, peace keepers left with the dodo. I believe the world now, (3rd world countries) sees the US as a police force that may have a strong influence on economical and political standings. Thats why the Kurds in iraq saw the US as delivering them from Sadam's regime. I am Canadian so will always see our military as a peace keeping force, even though that view has also gone away with some flightless bird.

  17. #57
    Elemental Lord Noomz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In my head, where crazy happens.
    Posts
    8,207
    Quote Originally Posted by phenox View Post
    tittle says it all, tell us the situation!

    Yes, it will happen again. I think the Middle-East will be an actor in it.

  18. #58
    Legendary! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    6,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    The greatest advances in human history were made during a time when the world's 2 superpowers were fighting with each other to see who was the biggest, best, smartest and strongest.
    I dont think its really fair to claim that.

  19. #59
    Dreadlord Themerlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    In the empty cookie jar.
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I dont think its really fair to claim that.
    It is completely fair, think what a Nobel Prize stands for, and what Nobel discovered.

    This is an utter thruth behind the nature of wars.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I dont think its really fair to claim that.
    And why is that? Tell me. Why did we go to Space and then to the Moon?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •