Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    General war in the manner of the first two wars is highly unlikely at present, for reasons already stated; the deterrent that nuclear weapons provides, as well as the economic impetus. None of the major powers at present have any real ideological differences between them or economic interest for a war.

That's for the foreseeable future, at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Russia Vs US, eventually, through intervening for their allies and/or strategical/economical assets abroad.

We already see them clashing (at a diplomatic level), over Syria, Iran and North Korea.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    If everyone takes your attitude you cannot influence it.
    That's up to them, this is my choice, thanks to my free will. You can play soldier or get all politically involved if you want, that's cool. Personally I give 0 fucks, it will barely change my life, unless it's something absolutely world changing, in which case there's nothing I can do to alter the course of events anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valort View Post
    Russia Vs US, eventually, through intervening for their allies and/or strategical/economical assets abroad.

We already see them clashing (at a diplomatic level), over Syria, Iran and North Korea.
    Cold war by proxy we are currently calling it.

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 03:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    That's up to them, this is my choice, thanks to my free will. You can play soldier or get all politically involved if you want, that's cool. Personally I give 0 fucks, it will barely change my life, unless it's something absolutely world changing, in which case there's nothing I can do to alter the course of events anyway.
    Apathy is far worse than choosing the wrong side.

Cold war by proxy we are currently calling it.

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 03:27 PM ----------

Apathy is far worse than choosing the wrong side.
    Which side is right and wrong is subjective, and there are no winners in war, only losers.

tl;dr - I don't care. Just because you're GI-Joe and are in the war room with the world president, doesn't mean I should somehow conjure a fuck to give when my reservoir is entirely depleted. I do appreciate having the grand general of the world presidential empire of man on the mmo champ boards to keep us in the loop but really I don't care what happens, sorry dude.

Well the US military is already stagnating technology wise, they are just too damn stubborn to admit that some of their kit is either badly out dated or is just a design flop. The US's best kit is foreign made or designed.
    What systems are you referring to? tanks....unlikly... (german tanks posably) subs... also unlikly.... rifle.... ok....food. nope.... aircraft...not so much.. unmanned systems.. world leader.... navy... too many things to make a good comparison.

As for the OP... we are shifting from the old classic form of war between opposing conventional armed forces representing a group of people with a common set of culture and ideas. to the non conventional terrorist ideology. the classic WWIII is unlikely to happen we are way to economically integrated.

Already happening in Syria via proxies, would get more nasty when Israel bombs the next shipment to Hezbollah but nothing on the scale of WW1/2

Well the US military is already stagnating technology wise, they are just too damn stubborn to admit that some of their kit is either badly out dated or is just a design flop. The US's best kit is foreign made or designed.
    That's not remotely true. Our best equipment is routinely decried as "inhumane" by the rest of the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personn...response_rifle
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pain_ray

Besides that, where do you think Drones came from? And how is our "acceptable" equipment dated? Unless you're referring to the fact that foreign manufacturers won a lot of contracts for US armaments such as FN, H&K and SIG Sauer?

Also... Railgun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would've loved for the smaller countries to gather up and smack the US, Russia, etc and all the superpowers' faces. For too long have they shown off their military to try to "scare" the rest of the world into cover.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    That's not remotely true. Our best equipment is routinely decried as "inhumane" by the rest of the world.

Besides that, where do you think Drones came from? And how is our "acceptable" equipment dated? Unless you're referring to the fact that foreign manufacturers won a lot of contracts for US armaments such as FN, H&K and SIG Sauer?

Also... Railgun.
    Tech won't save you though. Vietnam for example, remember?

10+ Year Old Account

Also... Railgun.
    Both of which are niche equipment and not kit as in materiel.

Some of it, like the M16, is outdated; while some, like the LCS and the disgusting excuse for a destroyer in the Zumwalt, as well as the F-35, are badly designed.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

It will eventually happen, and due to globalization, just about every country in the world will be involved, one way or another.

I would sign up for that. I would give everything I have to sign up for that.

I'd even pay to do that.

Hawk team 6. Bringing freedom from above!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully never.

Wars are freaking horrible. People do the craziest things during war time.

Also with the kind of firepower we have now, Humanity will never recover. It would be the end of the Human race as we know it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically this:

> Syria gets no fly zone.
    > No fly zone turns into rape fest, NATO jets being downed daily.
    > No end to the conflict - this isn't fucking Afghanistan.
    > Turkey acts as a bridge to for invasion, NATO invades.
    > Syria uses ChemWeps - invasion is repelled, world is furious cos white people are dying (white people aren't aloud to die only brown).
    > Massive second 'D-Day style invasion', Syria starts to fall to pieces.
    > Israel uses this is a diversion, start invading and settling Syrian provinces.
    > Iran has had enough.
    > Iran recruits Shiites from neighbouring nations for Revolutionary Guard.
    > Iran surprise attacks the Allied nations and Israel.
    > Allies get there asses handed to them as Iran uses Blitzkrieg tactics combined with Martyrdom.
    > Syria rises up, Iran pushes allies out, Iraq joins in, Russia Caucus' (Chechnya) starts going bat shit.
    > Russia blames NATO, uses it as an excuse to fuck Georgia up again.
    > NATO is surprised, Russia spears down into Europe as Allies are retreating.
    > Whole world is even more mad at Russia and NATO - this is the Catalyst, countries start choosing sides.
    > South American countries take advantage, Argintina takes back the Islands, UK gets mad.
    > Brazil backs up Arg - South America unites (sort of) and attacks US on Russian side (BRICS).
    > China does Japan and Korea, moves down south east asian like Japan 1930s style.
    > Australia acts as US base for operations - Nukes come to Aus and so do Bombers.
    > Russia and China get nuked, they nuke back, but surrender.

> New World Order rises from the Ashes - Welcome to 1984.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    Basically this:

> Syria gets no fly zone.
    > No fly zone turns into rape fest, NATO jets being downed daily.
    > No end to the conflict - this isn't fucking Afghanistan.
    > Turkey acts as a bridge to for invasion, NATO invades.
    > Syria uses ChemWeps - invasion is repelled, world is furious cos white people are dying (white people aren't aloud to die only brown).
    > Israel uses this is a diversion, start invading and settling Syrian provinces.
    > Iran has had enough.
    > Iran recruits Shiites from neighbouring nations for Revolutionary Guard.
    > Iran surprise attacks the Allied nations and Israel.
    > Allies get there asses handed to them as Iran uses Blitzkrieg tactics combined with Martyrdom.
    > Syria rises up, Iran pushes allies out, Iraq joins in, Russia Caucus' (Chechnya) starts going bat shit.
    > Russia blames NATO, uses it as an excuse to fuck Georgia up again.
    > NATO is surprised, Russia spears down into Europe as Allies are retreating.
    > Whole world is even more mad at Russia and NATO - this is the Catalyst, countries start choosing sides.
    > South American countries take advantage, Argintina takes back the Islands, UK gets mad.
    > Brazil backs up Arg - South America unites (sort of) and attacks US on Russian side (BRICS).
    > China does Japan and Korea, moves down south east asian like Japan 1930s style.
    > Australia acts as US base for operations - Nukes come to Aus and so do Bombers.
    > Russia and China get nuked, they nuke back, but surrender.

> New World Order rises from the Ashes - Welcome to 1984.
    Which is based on a whole lot of assumptions that aren't very likely to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    Will never happen again. Ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tombstoner139 View Post
    What systems are you referring to? tanks....unlikly... (german tanks posably) subs... also unlikly.... rifle.... ok....food. nope.... aircraft...not so much.. unmanned systems.. world leader.... navy... too many things to make a good comparison.

As for the OP... we are shifting from the old classic form of war between opposing conventional armed forces representing a group of people with a common set of culture and ideas. to the non conventional terrorist ideology. the classic WWIII is unlikely to happen we are way to economically integrated.
    US Tanks: Using British designed Armour and German guns.

US Subs: Outdated, the Swedish are the world leaders in this area.

Small Arms: The Armalite platform was designed for use in the vietnam war, apart from minor changes it is essentially the same weapon. Not to mention the M249 and M240 are both made by Fabrique Nationale, a Belgian company.

Food: Why is the US leading in this area? MRE's are widely regarded to be shit, Scandinavian rations are much better.

Aircraft: You mean the flop that is the Osprey? The Marine corps buying all of the ancient British harriers? Or the disaster that is the F-35 project? The F-22 is good though, providing you do not go above 10k feet and it chokes the pilot.

Unmanned systems: That honour belongs to the French, French drones are unmatched.

Navy: Yes, a great navy but mainly due to huge numbers, not the technology, the worlds best Air defence destroyers are the British type 45.

Lets be honest here, the US is not the technological power house it once was, corruption and incompetence is crippling them.

silly space creatures world war III has already happened, it was between the fraggles and the gorgs in the before time O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The country I was born in posesses a greater millitary than the country you were born in!!

HA HA I AM SUPERIOR