Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I have a feeling that Huntingtons theory about the Clash of Civilizations might be the next big one.

Globalisation makes sure there will be no World War 3. You don't destroy your customer or your own oversea factorys... would be stupid. I think we will only see wars like Iraq and Afghanistan. When several countrys decide it's best for them to end a dictator that starts to be bad for business.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    I have a feeling the US and Israel will be antagonists.

2014: Israel bars the U.N from inspecting their Nuclear arsenal. Israel then proceeds to accuse Iran for their need of Nuclear Weapons and the U.S backs Israel. Israel and U.S launches air strikes around Iran routing out militant camps which fears Iran. Iran goes to the U.N to denounce Israel and the U.S, Israel and U.S ambassadors the U.N leave when Iran goes up to speak. U.S and Israel convinced that Iran is illegally building Nukes and instead mobilizes the remaining Military presence the U.S got there and persuades Iraq to do the same and meanwhile the U.S station troops among the DMZ which N.K response to the same.

China being N.Ks only ally ask the U.S to tone down the increase mobilization around N.K and Iran but continue to do so. 2015. Israel and the U.S launch airstrikes into Iran getting any Nuclear compounds they have. Russia and China are outraged and go to the U.N testifying that Iran's nuclear resources are used for non-violent use only and should have the same rights to Nuclear arms as the U.S and Israel. In response Iran attacks Israel, and the U.S declares war on Iran and starts mobilizing troops to invade.
    In response Russia fortifies Iran with supplies and manpower but no getting totally involved, Israel starts attacking Russian supplies going to Iran in which Russia declares war on Israel which leads the U.S to declare war on Russia. China sends supplies to Iran and Russia but the U.S blockade the straits of Hormuz and China which results in fire exchange and the U.S taking Chinese prisoners and sends them to Japan. China outraged and declares War on the U.S and it's allies and attacks Taiwan, U.S and S.K forces invade N.K and converse with Taiwan to invade mainland China.

Not sure how it's going to end but that's how I think it will start. That's why I don't really want a War with Iran but we should try our best with diplomacy and not beat the war drum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phenox View Post
    WWIII when will it happen? Who will be involved?
    I hope NEVER. I seriously do.

I don't even understand why is so many people bloodthisty makes no sense to me at all.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Next World War will be Sweden vs Denmark. It's time to settle this once and for all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    If history is any indicator, Sweden won't be around much longer.
    Well if history is an indicator it's looking good for Sweden. Sweden and Denmark have been at war 13 times durring a period of about 350 years (between the mid 1400s to the early 1800s) and Sweden won 9 of those. Sweden is sitting on a fairly large chunk of land that was once Denmark, when Denmark won they mostly got gold -- if any land was lost Sweden took it back in the next war. Denmark didn't fare very well in these wars at all so I don't think it would a brilliant idea to start it up again. What is the fight going to be about? Who gets Norway back?

Also Denmark is hardly Russia, not being able to defend against Russia is not the same thing as being able to squash Denmark -- again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    I hope NEVER. I seriously do.

I don't even understand why is so many people bloodthisty makes no sense to me at all.
    As long as the world is steadily relying on corporate fat cats do determine policies, capitalism will encure wars everywhere around the world to defribrilate their economic standings. I think the grandeur WW1 and WW2 had will not be repeated, but the cold war was a perfect example of what wars will be like, ...secret...longstanding...with a strong emphasis to use economical means to manipulate socio-political views. We are in the age of war of the minds, our ways of thinking are being restructured faster than it ever has before in our history.

Ever since the fall of communism, Russia knew exactly how to get out of its socio-economic foibles, by placing incentive in their oil and gas industries and over a decade they were the primary suppliers for most of eastern europe as well as northern europe. This is troblesome to the US, their US bases that encircle the boundaries of Russia are useless to this oil derived economic turnover and steady european dependency to russian oil products.

World War 3, more like smaller WW3.01, WW3.02, WW3.03 spread around the world as it currently is.

It really depends on how it starts.

If North Korea launch a nuclear attack on anyone, I doubt the retaliation with be with nuclear force, however if the United States launched first, I'm sure Russia, Iran, China and any other nation with ballistic missile capability (let alone Nuclear) will start firing.

I genuinely believe that WWIII would be the end of humanity. The sheer volume of firepower the United States has alone is enough to blow a huge chunk clear off this planet. Combine the firepower of all other nations, I highly doubt things will go peachy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Denmark is not military comparable to Russia.
    Neither of us could take on Russia
    Denmark would never admit that publicly, that is the huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Honestly the next WW (If it happens) will be against Russia and the US. You laugh, but Putin is an extraordinary leader. His Machiavellian politics, the ways he's been exploiting Russia's natural resources, and overhauling Russia's military all illustrate his intent to make Russia a superpower once again. It won't be today. It won't be tomorrow... but 10-20 years from now they'll be a force to be reckoned with.
    Russia doesn't have any serious military power (save for their a-bombs, if they are even functional) and if they continue like this then 10-20 years from now they also won't have any natural resources left to fight a war with. Its another problem that Russians are buying up property all over Europe. And anyway, in the case of a war like that, who will support Russia? China? They are keen to have Russian territories in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Canada vs the rest of the world.

Canada wins.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Samsung vs HTC

Nokia will get involved somehow and Apple will choose HTC,s side because Samsung supposedly stole another pattent.

Blackberry will stay neutral. Aliminium casings will be used for warfare.

But in all seriousness. I don't think NKorea is a threat and they won't start it. I think China is a bit cause for concern, but nothing major.

only two countries that may start a war are the US and Russia, the rest are a joke(im not from either of those), and seeing how the US can do whatever it wants for example in Iraq/Iran soon as well, there are no signs of Russia being interested as they benefit from the war US leads on terror.

Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post
    Well if history is an indicator it's looking good for Sweden. Sweden and Denmark have been at war 13 times durring a period of about 350 years (between the mid 1400s to the early 1800s) and Sweden won 9 of those. Sweden is sitting on a fairly large chunk of land that was once Denmark, when Denmark won they mostly got gold -- if any land was lost Sweden took it back in the next war. Denmark didn't fare very well in these wars at all so I don't think it would a brilliant idea to start it up again. What is the fight going to be about? Who gets Norway back?

Also Denmark is hardly Russia, not being able to defend against Russia is not the same thing as being able to squash Denmark -- again.
    Maybe my European history is a bit rusty, but didn't that "fairly large chunk of land that used to be Denmark" belong to Denmark because they took it from the Swedes initially?

Deleted
    it started, middle east is at flames, political struggles in europe, eu citizens are rioting against governments and systems, one wrong move and the whole world will burn. we re closer than u think to a ww iii , US wont be so fullish to attack iran or north korea, those two are supported by russia and korea from china too... so imo the spark of war is where it was ages now.. In the heart of Europe. Germany to be more precise

It's obviously going to be when the Autobots side up with the Gundams against the Decpticons... duh...
    I don't know everything about baseball. Most people don't know 'everything' about baseball. People fall into two two categories. Person A will, when they see I don't know something, try to explain it to me in detail so I understand it. Person B will use their knowledge to make me out to be stupid. Person B is no friend of mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mafao View Post
    Russia doesn't have any serious military power (save for their a-bombs, if they are even functional) and if they continue like this then 10-20 years from now they also won't have any natural resources left to fight a war with. Its another problem that Russians are buying up property all over Europe. And anyway, in the case of a war like that, who will support Russia? China? They are keen to have Russian territories in the first place.
    Russia has a considerable army...not as overindulgent as the US (btw this will be US's downfall, when the rest of the world sees us not as peace keepers, but bulllies). And btw, the actual nature of war is changing, our tools are getting better, and no need to have a phalisized 1bil countach of a boat, to cary soldiers to new and beautifull places. World is getting smaller and cramped.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post

Yeah i'm sure nothing has changed in the past 200 years for either country. Same people, same technology.

On topic tho i think whatever happens in the next world war, it will be very technological warfare. I think "hackers" will play a big role in taking out communication for the enemies
    Last edited by mmoc9c8a116f72; 2013-05-17 at 01:14 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It will be about either natural resources or specifically fresh water.
    Between who I have no idea cos I think at least 50% of the involved will be countries not yet existing.

Quote Originally Posted by mafao View Post
    I'm not sure you've been keeping up with Russia's military policies.

Ever since Georgia they've been rebuilding their military from the ground up.

Here's some more reading material:

http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/russia-up...ning-military/

And their Military-Industrial Complex, which once survived on exports, is finding itself increasingly driven by domestic demand.

Putin isn't fucking around. He's determined to kick the US out of what he deems Russia's sphere of influence.